Users Online Now: 2,241 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 662,664
Pageviews Today: 1,157,275Threads Today: 485Posts Today: 8,182
01:52 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Israeli soldiers assault unarmed Palestinian teenager, threaten rape. Youth remains committed to nonviolence.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message 15 July 2009

AL-KHALIL/HEBRON: Israeli soldiers assault unarmed Palestinian teenager, threaten rape. Youth remains committed to nonviolence.

by Maureen Jack

At 4:30 pm on Monday 13 July 2009, two Israeli soldiers attacked a sixteen-year-old Palestinian boy 150 yards from his home in the Tel Rumeida area of Hebron.

The attack happened as he was walking to his home carrying heavy electrical cables necessary for repair work on his family’s house. Two workers accompanying him left to raise the alarm.

The teenager reported that one particular soldier has often held him for ID checks lasting at least one hour. This soldier and another took his ID and told him to sit on the ground. Initially they made inappropriate sexual comments about the boy and his mother. They then assaulted him, kicking his leg, and hitting him on the neck and back both with their hands and with their rifle butts. He tried to telephone his father but a soldier grabbed the phone from him and hit him with it after removing the battery and SIM card.

When the boy’s mother and cousin arrived, he tried to tell them what had happened. Soldiers told him, “Shut up or I will f*** you,” and threatened to rape the women.

The soldiers then took the youth behind the family’s house, where some Israeli settlers were present. The soldiers cuffed his hands behind his back, blindfolded him, and again forced him to sit. One or more people kicked and hit him again, but because of the blindfold, he could not see whether his attackers were soldiers or settlers.

At this point, his father and friends arrived with video cameras and filmed what was happening. Hearing raised voices, an Israeli army officer arrived. The officer observed that Palestinians were filming the incident, removed the blindfold and handcuffs, and released the boy. However, he gripped him by the jaw and warned him, “If you say anything to internationals or the police, I will kill you.”

That evening, the youth received hospital treatment for his injuries. The next day his father spent four and a half hours at the police station making a complaint, in support of which he passed over video of the incident.

The youth, who was still limping and in pain two days later, volunteers for the Israeli human rights group B’tselem as a cameraman and has undertaken nonviolence training. Of the incident he remarked, “The soldiers tried to make me angry and violent. But I was so quiet. I was so strong...If we stay in the way of peace, I think we will soon have our freedom,” he said.

[link to www.cpt.org]

Just another day in occupied Palestinian territory, being protected by Israeli soldiers.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP