Users Online Now: 2,228 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,291,180
Pageviews Today: 2,155,684Threads Today: 867Posts Today: 15,363
08:27 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject 2012 Cannot Be The Date The Mayan Calandar Ends In Reality, Proof Shed.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Source: [link to www.scwxa.org]

SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA - July 22, 2009 (SCWXA.Org) 2012 Cannot Be The Date The Mayan Calendar Ends In Reality, Proof Shed.

I have actually been interested in the 2012 conspiracy of the world ending. Now Hollywood is putting out a movie about it, however one thing strikes me kind of odd. I am a meteorologist, not a historian, however how can the so-called "pros" miss a crucial factor in the math behind this conspiracy?

The Mayan Calendar was written in Sixth Century B.C. or 6,000 B.C. The Calendar ends on December 21, 2012. However, why are historians missing the very fact that the leap year system was not invented until after the calendar was written? That would mean the date is off from the original end.

Leap year was invented by Julius Caesar in 45 B.C. This was well after the Mayan Calendar was invented so my very concern is this has altered the perception of time the calendar "was" on. Calculating the leap years after Caesar's invention, I came up with over 500 days lost. The exact date would be before December 21, 2012 if it was still following the Mayan Calendar without leap year.

The exact calculated date is July 25, 2011 when the Mayan Calendar ends. This date is not December 21, 2012 and has not been since Caesar disrupted the flow of time itself. I am just a bit surprised why no "professional" historian could think of that.

So if you believe in the Mayan Calendar, July 25, 2011 is the official date that would have been December 21, 2012 had leap year not been invented. How do I know this? I am known for knowing patterns. As a meteorologist you have to in order to get mother nature right. This just happened to fall into my interest and leap year came up. December 21, 2012 is not the true date. Eliminate leap year and you have July 25, 2011 as the final date.

So whatever belief you may hold, the date prescribed is not the right one.

Kevin Martin
SCWXA Meteorologist
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP