Users Online Now: 1,126 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 319,160
Pageviews Today: 518,846Threads Today: 145Posts Today: 2,593
05:36 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject IS UNEMPLOYMENT REALLY GOING DOWN?????????
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Each week the 50 states list the number of people who have filed new Unemployment Insurance Claims. The Department of Labor compiles that data and puts out the weekly Unemployment Insurance Weekly Claims report.

[link to www.dol.gov]

For the past five weeks the numbers of claims filed have been (from top to bottom):

June 13 554,405

June 20 566,586

June 27 556,863

July 4 577,506

July 11 667,534

If you look at the trend, you can quite clearly see that more and more people are filing for unemployment insurance benefits with only one slight decline on June 27th. That 667,534 last week was frightening. Yet, the Obama administration has the DOL “adjusting the numbers” for seasonal variances. These are the actual claims that people filed in the week. How can you adjust actual claims for seasonal variances and pretend that the people didn’t fill out the claim? That just does not make sense to me. If they filled out the claim, they must have lost their jobs. According to the DOL, the revised numbers of unemployed for the week ending July 4th were 565,000 about 12,000 less than were actually filed. Then on July 11th they reported that only 522,000 filed for unemployment. That was over 45,500 difference. I wonder if those people would be upset if they knew that they were not unemployed and just faking it.

Since so many people really were not unemployed, (even though they filled out the paperwork) the Obama administration loudly announced that unemployment is rapidly going down. Hooray!

That announcement caused the stock market to rally for a week and the market went up over 8% during that time. Meanwhile, I am scratching my head in wonder. If all we have to do to get rid of our economic problems is alter the data and say everything is wonderful, why have we not done this in larger fashion? Hummm?

Tomorrow morning the next weekly report comes out. I wonder how WONDERFUL it will be?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP