Users Online Now: 1,576 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 106,364
Pageviews Today: 210,610Threads Today: 120Posts Today: 1,652
02:20 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject CONGRESSMAN JOE WILLSON HAS APOLOGIZED TO RAHM EMANUEL & OBAMA FOR SHOUTING "YOU LIE"
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message HE MAY HAVE BEEN THREATENED. WHAT SAY YOU ?

[link to www.foxnews.com]

President Obama's address Wednesday to Congress was greeted warmly with applause from Democrats, but also some disruptions, including one moment in which a congressman accused Obama of lying.

The incident came directly after Obama said, "There are also those who claim that our reform effort will insure illegal immigrants. This, too, is false. The reforms I'm proposing would not apply to those who are here illegally."

South Carolina Republican Rep. Joe Wilson shouted, "You lie!"

Wilson's outburst caused Obama to pause briefly before he went on with his speech. Overhead in the visitors' gallery, first lady Michelle Obama shook her head from side to side.

Wilson's shout drew immediate condemnation from both sides of the aisle, ultimately leading him to apologize.

"This evening I let my emotions get the best of me when listening to the president's remarks regarding the coverage of illegal immigrants in the health care bill," Wilson said in a written statement following the speech. "While I disagree with the president's statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the president for this lack of civility."

Wilson also called White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel to apologize, according to a statement from his office.

Reaction to the outburst included criticism from members of Wilson's own party.

"Anybody who would cat-call the president of the United States addressing this body is very, very inappropriate, and he will hear from a lot of us about that," Rep. Jerry Lewis, R-Calif., told FOX News Radio.

Democratic Sen. Dick Durbin of Illionois called it "crude and disrespectful."

And Democratic Sen. Jim Clyburn, also of South Carolina, said Wilson "went beyond heckling."

"That was probably one of the most-insulting things I've ever seen," Clyburn told FOX News. "The people of South Carolina are not well-served by that."

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who spoke to FOX News before learning who delivered the yell, said she didn't intend to move to sanction anyone for it.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP