Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I went coyote calling today, and killed a rabbit
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I failed at calling any coyotes. Two of my friends that had not been yote yacking went with me. One of my friends, we will call him "Bear" had never killed any rabbits or any other animal in his life.

I had good wind direction, a good elevated hiding spot, water nearby but I saw no dogs. I have a call that is basiclly a diskman with a megaphone on it. You can put which ever dying rabbit cd in you want, and yeah, it is a lot easier than calling with a call yourself. No luck and then a some people drove by in their pickup.

Still nothing. We decided there were no dogs in the area, and if they were there, they did not want to eat an injured cotton tail.

We went to a spot in the Chihuahua desert, known as Corralitos ranch. It is 100% BLM public land. Ranchers pay a few bucks to graze the land. Rabbits eat a lot of grass, so it is helpful to eliminate as many as possible anytime you are on the public lands.

We gave up on calling any coyotes after a couple hours of not seeing anything.

It was time for bunny blasting. So my buddy that had zero kills has decided he wants to murder a bunny. Within 15 seconds of beginning our bunny rampage this cute little cotton tail steps out like 15 feet in front of me. I shot and blew its right rear leg off with a 55 grain v-max out of my ar. It freezes in terror, and partially in shock I think, and my friend can't bring himself to finish the job. It is just too cute, so I triple tapped it with a 9mm. It was insanely grotesque.

We proceeded to possibly wound a few more bunnies, and it got dark.

It was awesome, the best day I have had in ages.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP