Users Online Now: 1,506 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 487,536
Pageviews Today: 636,119Threads Today: 194Posts Today: 2,643
05:37 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject THE VERSE USED AGAINST CHRISTIANS BY MUSLIMS, JESUS SLAYED PEOPLE WITH WORDS
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message This verse from the bible is often used by Muslims in debate when they are defending their religion and its deeds.

19:27 "But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence."

The Greek word for slay is Katasphatto from the root word Kata strongs 2596,
= down from, through out, according to, toward, along.

Modern day, SLAY

"past tense and past participle often slayed Slang To overwhelm, as with laughter or love: Those old jokes still slay me."
[link to www.thefreedictionary.com]

In Hebrew there also many different words for slay and one of them is Charab

to be waste, lay waste, make desolate, be desolate, be in ruins
(Qal) to be waste, be desolate
(Niphal)
to be made desolate
desolate (participle)
(Hiphil) to lay waste, make desolate
(Hophal) to be laid waste
to be dry, be dried up
(Qal) to be dried, be dried up
(Pual) to be dried
(Hiphil) to dry up
(Hophal) to be dried up
to attack, smite down, slay, fight
[link to www.studylight.org]

A person can be slayed in many different ways and Jesus Christ was famed for his ability to slay people with his tongue/words. He was asking people to defend him in the same way as he had defended them in righteousness. Jesus shamed people with his words he had no requirement for violent deeds.

"His master replied, 'I will judge you by your own words, you wicked servant! You knew, did you, that I am a hard man, taking out what I did not put in, and reaping what I did not sow?

It is written: 'And he was numbered with the transgressors'; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment."The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords." "That is enough," he replied.Luke 22:37-39

In the above verse Jesus asks his followers how many swords they have and they replied two and he said 'that is enough'. What are the two swords in spiritual symbology? The first sword is the sword of truth and the second is the blunted sword of mercy.

Jesus Christ was a master of communication and he knew all of its secrets and best use of it to crush the head of the serpent. However, as we know nobody came to defend him in the same way that he had defended them. When the chips were down they ran away, they denied him and hid from those that wished to destroy him.

As he said "Those that remain silent are compliant to the suffering in the world".

It is time to defend him and his word and way. We cannot allow Muslims to continue to defend radical Islam by using a verse in the bible that is required to be understood on a psychological level.

Lotus
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP