Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject GLP'er with ghetto camera: HUGE object imaged near Moon
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message On 11-3-09, I captured a digital image of a large object passing over the moon casting a shadow on the lunar surface. I did this by holding my cheap digital camera over the cheap eye piece of my cheap telescope. The anomaly was captured quite by accident as I was just dicking around.

I must have lots of extra time, say you? Rest assured that this type of activity is quite normal by my standards. The universe works in mysterious ways indeed.

To be honest, I had laughed at my wife as she implored this ghetto method of lunar photography the morning NASA allegedly bombed the moon. The total time elapsed from conception of stupid idea until I powered down the camera was less than ten minutes. Almost two weeks elapsed before I got around to uploading to the PC.

You could probably score my primitive equipment at your local Goodwill for under $100. These items were purchased seperately and definately not with this purpose in mind. NASA might post even better quality photo evidences, now that they know the secret WINK WINK!

There was about a 30 second interval between these photos. Something told me to zoom in:

[link to s483.photobucket.com]

[link to s483.photobucket.com]

Calling all potential GLP 'Get Toe' seekers. Word up.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP