Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Angry Chrysler Dealers to Sue Obama Over Citizenship-Updated Dec 7 PM
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message So far, every case has been thrown out for lack of standing due to no damages directly applying to the plaintiffs. Donofrio might have as many as 100 Chrysler dealers that lost their franchises as a direct result of the Obama administration's actions. Standing, anyone?

[link to www.therightsideoflife.com]

Exclusive: Donofrio, Pidgeon to Collaborate on Quo Warranto, Chrysler Bankruptcy Appeal
Submitted by Phil on Sun, Dec 6, 200989 Comments
Sunday, December 6, 2009 update:

In what has become the first exclusive for The Right Side of Life blog, I have been able to confirm specific details of the excellent work that Dianna Cotter of the Portland Civil Rights Examiner began.

My communications with attorney Leo Donofrio can now reveal that he, attorney Stephen Pidgeon, and lead Plaintiff James Anderer will be collaborating on the cases for multiple dealers for a Chrysler Bankruptcy appeal as well as quo warranto:

The story is true. The lead plaintiff James Anderer announced it on Fox Business News on Friday night. He also spoke to the Wall Street Journal on Friday and gave them a legal memo we prepared.

Mr. Anderer originally contacted me after somebody asked him to read my blog. I then took a long look at the entire Chrysler Bankruptcy and found strong grounds to appeal. We found problems with the Bankruptcy Court’s handling of the Rejection Motion that had not been previously pointed out to the dealers.

Based upon Mr. Anderer’s lengthy discussions with other dealers and various attorneys, everyone was very impressed with the concepts raised, not just quo warranto but the actual Bankruptcy Court Rejection Order and Opinion as well. I then suggested we bring in an experienced litigator to partner with me on this. Steve Pidgeon was the best candidate for the job. So the three of us put this together. I prepared legal memos. Steve checked them and added his thoughts and then we brought our case to the dealers through Mr. Anderer.

And so we’ve been retained going forward from here. It is not a pro bono case.

We anticipate having papers filed next week for the bankruptcy action and quo warranto to follow the week after.

Steve and I have formed a law office as a result.

Ms. Cotter also followed up with me — she is apparently an avid reader of my site (shameless plug; many thanks to her!) — concerning some overall details of the story. She communicated with me that there could be upwards of 50 to 100 dealers involved, depending on how many wish to take part in the suit. She also mentioned that the bankruptcy case will be filed in the Southern District of New York and the quo warranto will be filed in DC.

I want to once again thank a concerned citizen who originally brought this story to my attention as well as Ms. Cotter and Mr. Donofrio who, to date, have provided the additional details.

Original story begins below the dashed line.

Developing…

Cross-posted at FreeRepublic.com.

—-

Dianna Cotter of the Portland Civil Rights Examiner wrote a posting today having to do with how Chrysler and GM dealers lost their franchises practically overnight through what they saw as an unlawful federal government intrusion into the automotive industry (where some creditors alleged to have been threatened by the White House over the deal).

With this as a backdrop, Ms. Cotter quotes “an anonymous source” as saying that attorneys Leo Donofrio and Stephen Pidgeon, of Wrotnowski v. Bysiewicz and Broe v. Reed, respectively, have teamed up with certain dealers in DC District Court:

Neil Cavuto welcomed former Chrysler dealer James Anderer to his show on Fox Business News Daily to talk about a case that has been filed by a group of dealers who lost their businesses in the Washington D.C. District Court. Lead Plaintiff Anderer mentioned a team of legal experts while describing the case to Cavuto, and an anonymous source has named Leo Donofrio and Steve Pidgeon as having been retained by a group of Chrysler dealers who lost their franchise in the Chrysler bankruptcy sale. They have been retained to bring two actions:

1. A motion to reconsider the Court’s approval of the dealer rejections.
2. A quo warranto in the D.C. District Court pertaining to Obama and his administration.

This case may initially slide under the MSM radar; however, it may be the single most serious case to be brought against The Obama Administration and the President himself to date.

I shall be following up with Messrs. Donofrio and Pidgeon to confirm if they’re able to shed further insight on this story, as we are essentially dealing with an unconfirmed report at this time.

Further, Mr. Donofrio has recently reported, in part, the following on his site:

After the electoral college certified Obama, I predicted every eligibility law suit pending against him would fail on procedural grounds unless brought via the DC District Court under the the DC quo warranto statute.

That prediction is batting 1000.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP