Users Online Now: 1,920 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 787,613
Pageviews Today: 1,450,637Threads Today: 696Posts Today: 12,065
04:11 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject *** Life is BEAUTIFUL *** the things I learned from my dog and friend ... R.I.P. Brittney
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message My Friend and huntng partner died a few days back ...

Rarely in life do we have the opportunity to find someone that helps define who we are and assists us in learn who we are as a person, even more rarely is that "someone" a dog. I am not sure why it happened but I was graced by God to have this happen to me, on October 31, 2004 a brown little bundle of fur was brought into my life that chance my life and me for the better. Little did I know when I brought Brittney home exactly how things were going to change but man did they change. No longer was I a WORKAHOLIC who cared more about spending endless hours at work and getting drunk on business, She tuaght me to be a "father" again who was more concerned about her well being than my own. She reminded me to be a father agian to my own three chilren. Initially I wanted a dog to go pick up ducks, I didn't care how but I knew I didn't want to do it anymore, not long after bringing her home did I found out that I got much more than that, I found a best friend, a partner, a teacher, and a hunting buddy all rolled up in brown fur and four legs. I never intended on having a dog that could run a double let alone a quad, or a dog that could be sent on a line and hold it, let alone one that would stop on a whistle and take casts (hell I didn't even know what those were). I never intended on having a dog that would teach me the true meaning of pride, patience, perseverance, persistence, humility and most of all unconditioned, unequivocal love again that i had lost in my self induced work coma.

Anyone who had the opportunity to meet Brittney and some who had the opportunity to hunt over her and know how special she was. She had a personality all her own, from her wookie sounding groans and growls when she was happy to her intensity at the line on ducks or in a pheasant field Brittney was one of a kind. When she was on I would have put her up with any dog anywhere. I never thought that she would be able to help teach me who I was but as I spent more and more time with her I began to not only realize who I was but also learn that she meant more to me than just being a dog, she was my friend. No matter what happened I knew that a kiss from her and some time cuddling on the couch and I would feel a whole lot better, and she never failed to do just that. Right up to her last days she was my best hunting buddy that I could have asked for, never to tired to hunt another field if I wanted, never did she think it was to cold, or windy, or rainy or hot to go out even for just a bit.

Unfortunately on Saturday December 26 2009 that bond was finally brought to an end, Brittney passed on laying on my kitchen floor in my arms surrounded by our entire family even though it was 4 am. Although we are not sure exactly what happened we have a feeling that her kidneys finally gave out on her and she decided that it was time to head to the other side of the rainbow bridge the a field full of pheasants where the hunter behind her never misses. I have lost my hunting buddy, and my friend I could have not asked for better, but I know this was for the best and firmly believe that she hung on long enough to make it back to my house to be surrounded by those that loved her as she said good bye.

So to my little girl, my your lines be true, your birds be flyers and you never stop finding roosters. You will always be loved. Good bye - your were too young to go but the impact you made was great. Most hunters get 8 - 10 years out of their dog but i wouldnt trade my three years hunting with you for anything in the world

Brittney October 31, 2004-December 26, 2009

wish i could post her pic but do not know how...

rivotears
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP