Hello, hope everyone is good. Does anybody know the answer to this? I just posted a thread asking this question, I should of just came here with it. Thanks! Quoting: SLIPPERY NIPPPS
Since that big sunspot 1654 is just turning the corner of the sun. Earth is moving out of the strike zone, and now its going to blow. What keeps protecting the Earth from these spots while they are Earth facing? Watch how big of a load this throws into space when it gets around the corner.. Something unexplained is interacting with our Sun causing this affect. Any ideas peeps.
Hiya, NIPPPS, Honestly, no one knows if there's a 'logical' scientific reason or just dumb luck. Many theories have been floated, but few make any sense and even fewer offer any evidence. The Earth is revolving around the sun which is also rotating every 27 days; so everything is in motion. The sun is so mysterious and complex scientists don't even know why the corona is a million degrees hotter than the surface. The processes at work in a star can't easily be reproduced in a laboratory, LOL.
For giggles and grins I've proposed some outlandish possibilities-
1) Divine Intervention of the Hand of God
2) a secret military-industrial-strength solar demagnetizer ray
3) Sol is camera shy and hides from the paparazzi
4) Sol is a show-off (those limb-flares look so sexy)
5) the giant alien starships re-fueling off the sun have drained its energy reserves
6) Random chance....Earth is riding a lucky streak!