Payback Time: Boycott the Brands that Helped Kill Prop 37
By Ronnie Cummins, Director Organic Consumers Association/Organic Consumers Fund
November 15, 2012TAKE ACTION: Join the Boycott!
They stomped on our right to know. Now it's time to get even.
Prop 37, the California Right to Know GMO labeling initiative, was narrowly defeated last week thanks to a relentless, deceitful $46-million advertising blitz. Among the largest bankrollers of the NO on 37 campaign were huge multinational food and beverage companies whose subsidiaries make billions selling some of your favorite organic and "natural" brands.
Brands like Kashi. Honest Tea. Naked Juice. Muir Glen and Morningstar Farms.
It's time to boycott the companies whose dirty money confused and scared millions of California voters into voting No on Prop 37. It's time to plaster their facebook pages with this message: We won't support you until you support us. It's time to call their consumer hotlines, complain to their store managers. It's time to tarnish their holy organic and natural images, to expose their hypocrisy and greed.
It's time to raise a little hell.
The OCA is calling on all consumers to boycott these 10 organic and natural traitor brands:
• PepsiCo (Donated $2.5M): Naked Juice, Tostito's Organic, Tropicana Organic
• Kraft (Donated $2M): Boca Burgers and Back to Nature
• Safeway (Member of Grocery Manufacturers Association, which donated $2M):"O" Organics
• Coca-Cola (Donated $1.7M): Honest Tea, Odwalla
• General Mills (Donated $1.2M): Muir Glen, Cascadian Farm, Larabar
• Con-Agra (Donated $1.2M): Orville Redenbacher's Organic, Hunt's Organic, Lightlife, Alexia
• Kellogg's (Donated $791k): Kashi, Bear Naked, Morningstar Farms, Gardenburger
• Smuckers (Donated $555k): R.W. Knudsen, Santa Cruz Organic
• Unilever (Donated $467k): Ben & Jerry's
• Dean Foods (Donated $254k): Horizon, Silk, White Wave CONTINUE: [link to www.organicconsumers.org]