Why do people believe in conspiracies and specifically chemtrails?
1) Our history, literature, legends, entertainment, even our religions are replete with conspiracies . . .
2) Remember . . . Where more than two people are gathered . . . a conspiracy exists . . . LoL!!!
3) The world is obviously changing . . . instant communication, population density, technology, number and frequency of aircraft . . . and therefore, the greater chance to see persistent trails in the sky . . . and no one has convinced believers these trails cannot be chemtrails . . .
4) Trust of authority and their motives are at an all time low . . . i.e. "Just one in 10 Americans approves of the job Congress is doing, according to a Gallup poll released Tuesday, tying the branch's lowest approval rating in 38 years. Congress originally hit the 10 percent mark in February, before bouncing back several points."
[link to www.huffingtonpost.com
5) Constant, heated and contentious debate exists over the state of global warming, global dimming, ozone depletion, and whether people are the major cause of a deteriorating climate and environment . . . or not. . . scientists have effectively disenfranchised their credibility from much of the public . . .
6) Atmospheric science is a complex and dynamic science . . . with infinite variability and unlimited sources of contamination, natural as well as man made . . .
7) In my opinion, when people were encouraged to observe the sky because of the chemtrail conspiracy . . . there was a significant realization . . . there was much more to see than people thought . . . I believe some people had a primeval moment . . . the sky was always the source of foreboding and early warning . . . Storm clouds, smoke, volcanic ash, dust storms, migrating fowl and seasonal changes . . . the sky is our crystal ball !!!!
8) Right or wrong . . . the conspiracy has a life of its own . . . no amount of argument or scientific theory will likely remove those who believe . . . from their conspiracy . . . because of their distrust of scientists, authority, primeval foreboding, and knowledge, experience and belief in conspiracies.
9) So debunkers by implying that those who believe in chemtrails are defective loons, stupid and uneducated is counter productive . . . the believers may well be the most honest and tuned-in group out there . . . you just don't understand them . . .