Ex-nuclear plant worker accuses employer
A former worker at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant has filed a criminal complaint against a subcontractor. He says the company knowingly instructed him to work in a dangerously contaminated zone in the plant.
The 46-year-old whistleblower worked at the crippled plant in March and April last year.
At a news conference with his lawyer on Thursday, the man said he was instructed with 5 others to lay cable in the basement of the No. 3 reactor and turbine building on March 24th.
The radiation at the basement was an extremely high 400 millisieverts an hour
, and workers employed by Tokyo Electric Power Company evacuated.
But he says subcontractor Kandenko told him to stay. He refused the order and moved to work on the first floor. He was exposed there to radiation of about 11 millisieverts over an hour.
The former worker says Kandenko violated the Industrial Safety and Health Law, protecting workers.
[link to www3.nhk.or.jp