2013-03-29 13:11 UTC
- Pevolca has met and says in essence what we have been telling all day.
- As seismicity is still at a safe distance from the coast (what is safe ?) no other protective measures should be taken (see earlier Pevolca report for the initial measures below).
- Pevolca also confirms that the seismic activity is moving the the South-West. ER would call it South
- The strong earthquakes are continuing at a high frequency at the time of writing
2013-03-29 11:17 UTC
Impressive seismic activity
- The released energy since the start of this crisis has surpassed the total energy released during the initial eruptive crisis in 2011
- So far today (11 hours) we have counted 51 M3+ earthquakes
- 8 M4+ earthquake – 4 of which have been felt by the people (in fact everything has been felt, but people do not report it anymore). The strongest ones have also been felt at the neighboring islands like La Palma
- Remember the words of local seismologists/volcanologists shortly after the start of this crisis “this crisis will not last long as the feeding source does not have enough energy”. This remark is not meant to be offensive to those scientists, only that we have to be humble when we talk about the unknown aspects of nature.
[link to earthquake-report.com