To OP, Quoting: Anonymous Coward 20900417
1) All religions have tidbits of Truth. I just have to separate the wheat from the chaff. Agreed?
2) What do you think of meditation?
3)What do you think of James C Maxwell/ Michael Faraday/ Manly P Hall?
4) List of top 10 books to read for personal growth, or, to obtain the proper tools to master one's destiny
Re item 1, it's really not that hard to measure something if you're using the right "measuring stick". Likewise, if you want to know which religion has the truth, instead of asking somebody who's likely going to be mislead you, let the Bible be your guide. Find out who is doing the following:
- they believe the Bible is God's Word: “all Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial.” (2 Timothy 3:16)
- they are Christians: “There is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.”—Acts 4:12.
- they believe Jesus and the Father are different persons: since Jesus said that he is “God’s Son” and that the “Father sent me forth,” they believe that God is greater than Jesus. (John 10:36; 6:57) Jesus himself acknowledged: “The Father is greater than I am.” (John 14:28; 8:28)
- they use God's name: In the English language, God’s name is Jehovah. The Bible says: “Thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH
, art the most high over all the earth.” (Psalm 83:18, King James Version) In keeping with this declaration, Jesus placed great emphasis on God’s name, teaching his followers to pray: “Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified.” And he himself prayed to God: “I have made your name manifest to the men you gave me.”—Matthew 6:9; John 17:6.
- they point mankind to God's Kingdom as the only true panacea: Jesus taught his followers to pray, “Let your kingdom come,” and he made that Kingdom the dominant theme of his teaching. (Matthew 6:10; Luke 4:43)
- they teach God's Kingdom will come soon: the Bible talks of God’s direct intervention in earth’s affairs: “The God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself . . . will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite.”—Daniel 2:44.
Like the religious leaders in Jesus' day, OP glorifies himself and seeks the glory of men, and he's receiving his recompense in full. Even if he is, as he claims, a member of one of the most powerful families on earth in this system of things
, he is nothing if he has no relationship with the Creator. His hopes for everlasting life are, as Jesus himself put it, slim.. "easier for a camel to get through the eye of a sewing needle than for a rich man to get into the kingdom of God" Luke 18:25