University of Cologne: Noam Chomsky: 2. Lecture Quoting: Invictus
Of all the vids here, this has to be the GLP Bible. A real stunner/MUST WATCH!
Prof Chomsky sets out, very calmly and rationally, exactly what forum members here (and at a few other choice sites) have been saying for years - in more colorful language.
Every single utterance he makes is a gobsmacker. All of it is backed up by hard fact, documentation and scholarly research. (Frankly, I'm very surprised how they've let him live - literally.)
A few utterances from memory and slightly paraphrased for brevity:
- the US (and Allies) plan to carve up the world after WW2, creating 'zones' of activity and economy - and proles - that would only benefit the US
- the west is suffering Great Depression levels of unemployment
- China has its own demographic time bomb and won't be able to sustain production and growth
- austerity will only crash whatever economy's left (Obama is right: stimulus is needed)
- democracy is a sham - capitalism and democracy just not compatible
- quoted a pre-WW2 POTUS to workers: 'show me how badly you want jobs/more wages/fairer conditions - THEN I can bargain with the industrialists'
- Chomsky recommends this activity now...notes the Wisconsin uprising and others around the world that get little MSM space
- what GLPers call the Illuminati, Chomsky terms the 'Masters of Mankind' after Adam Smith