Godlike Productions - Conspiracy Forum
Users Online Now: 3,107 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 2,007,869
Pageviews Today: 2,712,635Threads Today: 607Posts Today: 11,826
04:45 PM


Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing
 

!!!THE REAL REASON! Obama Is ACTUALLY Disliked!!! ITS NOT RACISM!!!

 
User 78/68 nli
User ID: 14594859
Canada
06/27/2012 11:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: !!!THE REAL REASON! Obama Is ACTUALLY Disliked!!! ITS NOT RACISM!!!
s.d.butler,

Did you even read the quoted post? He says no such things as to which you allude.

Read it again .... you might learn something. Shite!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9664906
United States
06/27/2012 11:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: !!!THE REAL REASON! Obama Is ACTUALLY Disliked!!! ITS NOT RACISM!!!
So you want the news to come from one source, like a journalist or government? You don't like the freedom of the internet? Yeah, that's a good idea. Let's just have a ministry of propaganda. That will work well for your purposes.
 Quoting: s. d. butler


I don't believe I said that either. All I said is that the internet has not done anything to enlighten us. The fact that you believe you are more enlightened now just because you have the internet just shows how misinformed you really are. All you have is a faster way for someone to feed you propaganda, and a way to look the other way anytime information comes your way that you don't want to see.
SwampRatLost (OP)

User ID: 1335814
United States
06/27/2012 11:30 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: !!!THE REAL REASON! Obama Is ACTUALLY Disliked!!! ITS NOT RACISM!!!
No, it certainly isn't racism, SwampRatLost. hf
 Quoting: Nine's


Ahhh! Hi there Friend! Its been too long!hugs
 Quoting: SwampRatLost


Indeed it has! smile_kiss
 Quoting: Nine's


Had to give some good Karma to one of the best posters here! Check it out. So how has things been? Whats your main topic of interest nowadays?

Last Edited by ~Invest E Gator~ on 06/27/2012 11:30 PM
"And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather EXPOSE them" - Eph. 5:11
SwampRatLost (OP)

User ID: 1335814
United States
06/27/2012 11:33 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: !!!THE REAL REASON! Obama Is ACTUALLY Disliked!!! ITS NOT RACISM!!!
So you want the news to come from one source, like a journalist or government? You don't like the freedom of the internet? Yeah, that's a good idea. Let's just have a ministry of propaganda. That will work well for your purposes.
 Quoting: s. d. butler


I don't believe I said that either. All I said is that the internet has not done anything to enlighten us. The fact that you believe you are more enlightened now just because you have the internet just shows how misinformed you really are. All you have is a faster way for someone to feed you propaganda, and a way to look the other way anytime information comes your way that you don't want to see.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9664906


There are vast amounts of information and sources online, besides the types you listed. You are on a conspiracy forum for pete's sake. A place where digging the deepest depths of the net for info is commonplace. If you have been too lazy, snobbish, or closed minded to find new Truths online. Well I feel sorry for you.
"And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather EXPOSE them" - Eph. 5:11
Nine's

User ID: 17811173
United States
06/27/2012 11:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: !!!THE REAL REASON! Obama Is ACTUALLY Disliked!!! ITS NOT RACISM!!!
No, it certainly isn't racism, SwampRatLost. hf
 Quoting: Nine's


Ahhh! Hi there Friend! Its been too long!hugs
 Quoting: SwampRatLost


Indeed it has! smile_kiss
 Quoting: Nine's


Had to give some good Karma to one of the best posters here! Check it out. So how has things been? Whats your main topic of interest nowadays?
 Quoting: SwampRatLost


LOL. Thank you!! I'd give you some but already did. Anything is my topic of interest, thanks for asking. The world is full of awesome people, critters, and things. But you're right up there at the top on the list of most awesome. Kissyblow
Saddletramp
We Don't Rent Pigs...

User ID: 87490
United States
06/27/2012 11:37 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: !!!THE REAL REASON! Obama Is ACTUALLY Disliked!!! ITS NOT RACISM!!!
Awww, that's horse shit...I totally dislike Obama because of his race...

That fucker has way too much Irish in him to be trusted...

J/K

peace
"And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods..." ~ Horatius

"Because he told the truth, and once you've heard the truth, everything else is just cheap whiskey..."
FatalW1shes

User ID: 18009481
United States
06/27/2012 11:38 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: !!!THE REAL REASON! Obama Is ACTUALLY Disliked!!! ITS NOT RACISM!!!
clappa
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1243759


thumbs
 Quoting: SwampRatLost


Outstanding.
Nine's

User ID: 17811173
United States
06/27/2012 11:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: !!!THE REAL REASON! Obama Is ACTUALLY Disliked!!! ITS NOT RACISM!!!
Awww, that's horse shit...I totally dislike Obama because of his race...

That fucker has way too much Irish in him to be trusted...

J/K

peace
 Quoting: Saddletramp


lmao
Anonymous Coward
06/28/2012 12:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: !!!THE REAL REASON! Obama Is ACTUALLY Disliked!!! ITS NOT RACISM!!!
shitstream Your hypothesis

I am going to half-ass this and let you fill in the blanks

Methods

Approval ratings for President Obama were downloaded from Gallup and the monthly approval rating was then averaged by month. This monthly average was then placed into a spreadsheet organized by President Obama's time in office. Business and industry data was taken from the U.S. Census website and then placed into the same spreadsheet as the approval ratings. Census data came from the following categories: Electronics, food service, retail, and grocery. This spreadsheet was then exported as a CSV and imported into R via the read.csv command. All analyses and graphics were performed and generated in R.

Results

1. A scatterplot matrix of the data (note that some categories have a stronger correlation than the variable that you are promulgating to be the causative agent)

:careg:

Zoom in on the relationship that you are claiming is responsible for individuals disliking the president

:caregzoom:

2. Scatterplot of Electronics vs Obama approval

:scplt2:

Call:
lm(formula = obama$approve ~ obama$elec.sales)

Residuals:
Min 1Q Median 3Q Max
-8.743 -4.105 -2.237 2.285 17.023

Coefficients:
Estimate Std. Error t value Pr(>|t|)
(Intercept) 56.3854440 5.9740091 9.438 1.28e-11 ***
obama$elec.sales -0.0008528 0.0007192 -1.186 0.243
---
Signif. codes: 0 ‘***’ 0.001 ‘**’ 0.01 ‘*’ 0.05 ‘.’ 0.1 ‘ ’ 1

Residual standard error: 6.719 on 39 degrees of freedom
Multiple R-squared: 0.0348, Adjusted R-squared: 0.01005
F-statistic: 1.406 on 1 and 39 DF, p-value: 0.2429

3. Scatterplot of Obama approval vs. Electronics

:scplt1:

Call:
lm(formula = obama$elec.sales ~ obama$approve)

Residuals:
Min 1Q Median 3Q Max
-1342.8 -721.2 -420.9 -151.0 4716.1

Coefficients:
Estimate Std. Error t value Pr(>|t|)
(Intercept) 10193.80 1715.77 5.941 6.25e-07 ***
obama$approve -40.81 34.41 -1.186 0.243
---
Signif. codes: 0 ‘***’ 0.001 ‘**’ 0.01 ‘*’ 0.05 ‘.’ 0.1 ‘ ’ 1

Residual standard error: 1470 on 39 degrees of freedom
Multiple R-squared: 0.0348, Adjusted R-squared: 0.01005
F-statistic: 1.406 on 1 and 39 DF, p-value: 0.2429



Code used

> obama<-read.csv("/home/dontstalkme/Desktop/obama.csv", header=TRUE, sep=",")
> print(obama)
time approve elec.sales food.service retail.trade grocery.stores
1 1 66.27 8370 36137 275193 42942
2 2 63.66 8151 34890 265655 38530
3 3 61.87 7576 38393 291325 41324
4 4 63.03 6907 37738 293285 41790
5 5 64.40 7337 40148 308796 44046
6 6 60.45 7576 38251 307399 42166
7 7 57.10 7526 39130 310130 43854
8 8 53.19 7852 38798 315799 43009
9 9 52.07 7236 36493 289276 41549
10 10 52.65 7059 38165 301569 43026
11 11 50.93 9510 35453 305090 42509
12 12 50.16 12863 37474 364111 45387
13 13 49.43 7598 35476 280522 42984
14 14 50.29 7852 35323 277004 40057
15 15 48.50 7752 39342 322875 43440
16 16 48.41 7131 39356 318711 42252
17 17 48.52 7592 40739 326582 44626
18 18 46.36 7948 39358 321014 42915
19 19 45.53 7915 40956 322874 44605
20 20 44.03 8093 40227 324298 43519
21 21 45.17 7614 38279 309666 42732
22 22 44.83 7293 40031 317373 43647
23 23 45.19 9447 37323 330859 43839
24 24 46.35 12917 39591 389752 46796
25 25 49.10 7469 36768 301732 44445
26 26 47.33 7686 37177 303323 41431
27 27 46.77 8092 41786 348836 45327
28 28 44.14 7214 41510 342996 45888
29 29 49.90 7516 42748 353318 46677
30 30 45.97 7752 41806 351082 46256
31 31 43.93 7882 43088 345661 47570
32 32 40.57 8293 42232 356718 46841
33 33 41.21 7578 41271 338059 45229
34 34 41.20 7695 42350 341995 46057
35 35 42.52 9969 39755 355969 46338
36 36 43.19 12850 43010 414458 49114
37 37 44.83 7535 39875 320540 45729
38 38 45.63 7949 41248 335404 44437
39 39 46.45 8167 46071 373528 47746
40 40 47.64 6907 44215 354456 46050
41 41 47.10 7608 45939 378084 48721
> scatterplotMatrix(obama)
> plot(obama$approve, obama$elec.sales)
> regobam<-lm(obama$elec.sales ~ obama$approve)
> abline(regobam)
> summary(regobam)

Call:
lm(formula = obama$elec.sales ~ obama$approve)

Residuals:
Min 1Q Median 3Q Max
-1342.8 -721.2 -420.9 -151.0 4716.1

Coefficients:
Estimate Std. Error t value Pr(>|t|)
(Intercept) 10193.80 1715.77 5.941 6.25e-07 ***
obama$approve -40.81 34.41 -1.186 0.243
---
Signif. codes: 0 ‘***’ 0.001 ‘**’ 0.01 ‘*’ 0.05 ‘.’ 0.1 ‘ ’ 1

Residual standard error: 1470 on 39 degrees of freedom
Multiple R-squared: 0.0348, Adjusted R-squared: 0.01005
F-statistic: 1.406 on 1 and 39 DF, p-value: 0.2429

> title(main="Scatterplot of U.S. Electronic Sales vs. Obama approval \n r**2 = 0.01005")
> plot(obama$elec.sales, obama$approve)
> reg2obam<-lm(obama$approve ~ obama$elec.sales)
> abline(reg2obam)
> summary(reg2obam)

Call:
lm(formula = obama$approve ~ obama$elec.sales)

Residuals:
Min 1Q Median 3Q Max
-8.743 -4.105 -2.237 2.285 17.023

Coefficients:
Estimate Std. Error t value Pr(>|t|)
(Intercept) 56.3854440 5.9740091 9.438 1.28e-11 ***
obama$elec.sales -0.0008528 0.0007192 -1.186 0.243
---
Signif. codes: 0 ‘***’ 0.001 ‘**’ 0.01 ‘*’ 0.05 ‘.’ 0.1 ‘ ’ 1

Residual standard error: 6.719 on 39 degrees of freedom
Multiple R-squared: 0.0348, Adjusted R-squared: 0.01005
F-statistic: 1.406 on 1 and 39 DF, p-value: 0.2429

> title(main="Scatterplot of Obama approval vs Electronic sales \n r**2 = 0.01005")
Evil_Twin

User ID: 14319721
United States
06/28/2012 12:22 AM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: !!!THE REAL REASON! Obama Is ACTUALLY Disliked!!! ITS NOT RACISM!!!
He's a career politician.

I don't understand how any of you could "like" him.

Dumbasses
:nutkick:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6493463
United States
06/28/2012 12:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: !!!THE REAL REASON! Obama Is ACTUALLY Disliked!!! ITS NOT RACISM!!!
You sure about this? That other guy said I didnt like him cause I was a racist so now I'm confused.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9107938


Well are you racist? Do you dislike him because he's black? Its answers only you have.

But it is not my place, or anyone elses to assign anything to it, other then your own reasons.

hf
 Quoting: SwampRatLost



In 2008 I already knew Obama would be the next Jimmy Carter. And race had nothing to do with that assessment. He's smart but in an intellectual way not in a pragmatic way like Clinton was smart. He's emotionally removed, fragile, arrogant, unable to take criticism. He's not a negotiator and so has trouble getting things through Congress.

That said, he's also different from Carter in some ways. He's evil, for one thing. Carter was good and has proven that in his years since being PResident, working for peace around the world.
Evil_Twin

User ID: 14319721
United States
06/28/2012 12:39 AM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: !!!THE REAL REASON! Obama Is ACTUALLY Disliked!!! ITS NOT RACISM!!!
"Scatterplot of Obama approval vs Electronic sales \n r**2 = 0.01005"
 Quoting: Wonkish


Yeah, Madden 2012 was way bigger than Obama.

Especially among likely voters.

Last Edited by Evil_Twin on 06/28/2012 12:41 AM
:nutkick:
ExpertOfSound

User ID: 1779676
United States
06/28/2012 01:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: !!!THE REAL REASON! Obama Is ACTUALLY Disliked!!! ITS NOT RACISM!!!
GREAT thinking man, this is awesome!

Even if it doesn't have to do with Obama, I never thought to put how many people had internet into perspective when critically thinking about people, events, and many other things.

Again, thank you, enjoy the karma bump and pin request.

Genius. It is so simple, yet I never thought of it.


Clappa
GREAT minds talk about IDEAS
AVERAGE minds talk about EVENTS
SMALL minds talk about PEOPLE

Racism is a crime against humanity.

“A good scientist is a person in whom the childhood quality of perennial curiosity lingers on. Once he gets an answer, he has other questions.” ~Frederick Seitz

There are MORE water molecules in 1 glass of tap water than there are glasses of tap water in EVERY OCEAN ON EARTH.

Thread: THE TRUTH about the "Ancient Astronaut Theory" and Ancient Aliens TV Show AGENDA!
abhie

User ID: 18720386
India
06/28/2012 01:49 AM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: !!!THE REAL REASON! Obama Is ACTUALLY Disliked!!! ITS NOT RACISM!!!
I see it as demonic forces that needed a muslim touch to the white house, put a guy there with a semi muslim name, so these demonic forces could continue the destruction of the Americas using multi-cultural hatred.

Something America really didn't need after the destructive Bush era. What the US needed was somebody neutral in the whitehouse, without any racial or religious accent.

Obama being there only makes it worse.
(I'm male, mid-40's, and live and work in India as a designer. Writing is a passion of mine, as is painting. My avatar represents my protagonist against the Illuminati -a female warrior.)
laotszungb
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9664906
United States
06/28/2012 01:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: !!!THE REAL REASON! Obama Is ACTUALLY Disliked!!! ITS NOT RACISM!!!
So you want the news to come from one source, like a journalist or government? You don't like the freedom of the internet? Yeah, that's a good idea. Let's just have a ministry of propaganda. That will work well for your purposes.
 Quoting: s. d. butler


I don't believe I said that either. All I said is that the internet has not done anything to enlighten us. The fact that you believe you are more enlightened now just because you have the internet just shows how misinformed you really are. All you have is a faster way for someone to feed you propaganda, and a way to look the other way anytime information comes your way that you don't want to see.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9664906


There are vast amounts of information and sources online, besides the types you listed. You are on a conspiracy forum for pete's sake. A place where digging the deepest depths of the net for info is commonplace. If you have been too lazy, snobbish, or closed minded to find new Truths online. Well I feel sorry for you.
 Quoting: SwampRatLost


I was talking in general, as your original idea was founded upon the fact that more people have access to the internet now. I offered the counterpoint that the increased access to "information" has only led to a greater number of people who are misinformed easier.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14434074
United States
06/28/2012 01:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: !!!THE REAL REASON! Obama Is ACTUALLY Disliked!!! ITS NOT RACISM!!!
So you want the news to come from one source, like a journalist or government? You don't like the freedom of the internet? Yeah, that's a good idea. Let's just have a ministry of propaganda. That will work well for your purposes.
 Quoting: s. d. butler


I don't believe I said that either. All I said is that the internet has not done anything to enlighten us. The fact that you believe you are more enlightened now just because you have the internet just shows how misinformed you really are. All you have is a faster way for someone to feed you propaganda, and a way to look the other way anytime information comes your way that you don't want to see.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9664906


I guess that depends on how easy you allow yourself to be influenced. There's also another way of looking at it. Unconstitutional legislation such as indefinite detention provisions and SOPA/ACTA wouldn't be discussed half as much as they are now if people didn't voice their opinions on the internet. An overly cynical outlook can quickly turn in to tunnel vision.
Skin Suit

User ID: 4280163
United States
06/28/2012 02:21 AM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: !!!THE REAL REASON! Obama Is ACTUALLY Disliked!!! ITS NOT RACISM!!!
i thought it was cause he used too much teeth...


that' what sinclair said.




e
s. d. butler

User ID: 974819
United States
06/28/2012 02:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: !!!THE REAL REASON! Obama Is ACTUALLY Disliked!!! ITS NOT RACISM!!!
Perhaps I can offer you a counterpoint for consideration. Greater numbers of households having internet has just given people exposure to a larger amount of information, specifically information from media companies, where fewer and fewer groups are controlling more and more of the media we see. People have also been given the freedom to filter their own information, which causes greater incidents of people receiving information from only sources that they agree with politically, ideologically or otherwise, causing people to only receive information that a certain group deems important or that group has filtered to match their views. If anything, the rise of the internet has caused people to become less informed. The internet has also made it easier to spread falsehood and delude the masses, since, reputable media outlets cannot truly get away with blatantly lying to you or manipulating you (they have to be much more subtle), whereas on the internet, people can spread disinformation without having to tie it to a source. Furthermore, the number of people propagating this disinformation causes people to more easily believe it than if they heard it from one source, such as a journalist or a politician.

But, moving along. It appears your original intent was to prove that you are not a racist. Generally, I find that people most set on proving they are not something they have not been accused of are guilty of what they were trying to disprove. No one is labeling people opposed to Obama as a racist. You are just trying to promote the narrative that people are labeling Obama as a racist because you want to avoid the real issues that face this country. The fact that we are run by a bunch of idiots who want to spend us into extinction on one side, and a bunch of idiots who want to sell us into corporate slavery to the highest bidders on the other, with both sides blaming the other side for the shit they caused.

As far as your idiotic debates go... Well, the reason they are not continuing to be discussed is because any rational person moved on, including those on the right. No one in their right mind would leave America to have a baby in a mud hut in the middle of nowhere in Kenya shortly before childbirth. It is as simple as that. Why don't I believe the birther argument? Because if nothing else, even an idiot would be smart enough to say, "Hey, we can use this automatic citizenship and there is no reason to travel in this delicate condition to a third world shithole and have a child where mortality rates are so friggen high."
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9664906


Sounds to me like your ideological bent causes you to dislike the truth in the internet.

That would be because the leftist ideas can't stand the light. And so you attack it bitterly.

You sound like that obama creep who wanted to censor the internet and only give the goverernment version of the truth.
 Quoting: s. d. butler


Oh, so you are saying that MediaMatters and MoveOn.org are the truth, because as you know, a significant amount of the population chooses to only get those information from those types of sources, just the same as a significant amount of the population only chooses to get information from far right leaning sources.

Perhaps the all the guys going on about Nibiru, chemtrails, alien abductions, etc are all the truth too?

I point out the propagation of mass ignorance, and you say that I want to censor the truth? You accuse me of being a leftist because I am not a birthertard and believe that the left is trying to bankrupt us while the right wants to sell us into slavery?

Interesting. Let me know how that all works out for you. Enjoy your ignorance and disinformation that you stubbornly cling to as "the truth".
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9664906


Not bad. I might have misread your intent. The internet isn't the propagation of mass ignorance. The MSM is.

The internet has also made it easier to spread falsehood and delude the masses, since, reputable media outlets cannot truly get away with blatantly lying to you or manipulating you (they have to be much more subtle), whereas on the internet, people can spread disinformation without having to tie it to a source. Furthermore, the number of people propagating this disinformation causes people to more easily believe it than if they heard it from one source, such as a journalist or a politician.


Reputable media outlets get away with lying all the time. The manipulation is ever present. You need only to look at
the run up to the invasion of IraQ for a sterling example of mass media manipulation. There are hundreds of other examples.

YOUR last sentence is proof of my case. You are essentially saying the "number of people propagating this 'disinformation' causes people....than if they heard it from a SINGLE SOURCE.

You are assuming disinformation all across
the board. Why? Do you not think the truth will win out? Do you think truth resides only with the MSM? Or is the truth only what you believe? From the MSM of course.

Last Edited by s. d. butler on 06/28/2012 02:41 AM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 15790343
United States
06/28/2012 03:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: !!!THE REAL REASON! Obama Is ACTUALLY Disliked!!! ITS NOT RACISM!!!
it is because the republican establishment pours millions into made up talking points which people who believe nuclear material is safe, elenin will hit us and aliens live on the sun believe
SwampRatLost (OP)

User ID: 1242516
United States
06/28/2012 03:44 AM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: !!!THE REAL REASON! Obama Is ACTUALLY Disliked!!! ITS NOT RACISM!!!
shitstream Your hypothesis

I am going to half-ass this and let you fill in the blanks

Methods

Approval ratings for President Obama were downloaded from Gallup and the monthly approval rating was then averaged by month. This monthly average was then placed into a spreadsheet organized by President Obama's time in office. Business and industry data was taken from the U.S. Census website and then placed into the same spreadsheet as the approval ratings. Census data came from the following categories: Electronics, food service, retail, and grocery. This spreadsheet was then exported as a CSV and imported into R via the read.csv command. All analyses and graphics were performed and generated in R.

Results

1. A scatterplot matrix of the data (note that some categories have a stronger correlation than the variable that you are promulgating to be the causative agent)

:careg:

Zoom in on the relationship that you are claiming is responsible for individuals disliking the president

:caregzoom:

2. Scatterplot of Electronics vs Obama approval

:scplt2:

Call:
lm(formula = obama$approve ~ obama$elec.sales)

Residuals:
Min 1Q Median 3Q Max
-8.743 -4.105 -2.237 2.285 17.023

Coefficients:
Estimate Std. Error t value Pr(>|t|)
(Intercept) 56.3854440 5.9740091 9.438 1.28e-11 ***
obama$elec.sales -0.0008528 0.0007192 -1.186 0.243
---
Signif. codes: 0 ‘***’ 0.001 ‘**’ 0.01 ‘*’ 0.05 ‘.’ 0.1 ‘ ’ 1

Residual standard error: 6.719 on 39 degrees of freedom
Multiple R-squared: 0.0348, Adjusted R-squared: 0.01005
F-statistic: 1.406 on 1 and 39 DF, p-value: 0.2429

3. Scatterplot of Obama approval vs. Electronics

:scplt1:

Call:
lm(formula = obama$elec.sales ~ obama$approve)

Residuals:
Min 1Q Median 3Q Max
-1342.8 -721.2 -420.9 -151.0 4716.1

Coefficients:
Estimate Std. Error t value Pr(>|t|)
(Intercept) 10193.80 1715.77 5.941 6.25e-07 ***
obama$approve -40.81 34.41 -1.186 0.243
---
Signif. codes: 0 ‘***’ 0.001 ‘**’ 0.01 ‘*’ 0.05 ‘.’ 0.1 ‘ ’ 1

Residual standard error: 1470 on 39 degrees of freedom
Multiple R-squared: 0.0348, Adjusted R-squared: 0.01005
F-statistic: 1.406 on 1 and 39 DF, p-value: 0.2429



Code used

> obama<-read.csv("/home/dontstalkme/Desktop/obama.csv", header=TRUE, sep=",")
> print(obama)
time approve elec.sales food.service retail.trade grocery.stores
1 1 66.27 8370 36137 275193 42942
2 2 63.66 8151 34890 265655 38530
3 3 61.87 7576 38393 291325 41324
4 4 63.03 6907 37738 293285 41790
5 5 64.40 7337 40148 308796 44046
6 6 60.45 7576 38251 307399 42166
7 7 57.10 7526 39130 310130 43854
8 8 53.19 7852 38798 315799 43009
9 9 52.07 7236 36493 289276 41549
10 10 52.65 7059 38165 301569 43026
11 11 50.93 9510 35453 305090 42509
12 12 50.16 12863 37474 364111 45387
13 13 49.43 7598 35476 280522 42984
14 14 50.29 7852 35323 277004 40057
15 15 48.50 7752 39342 322875 43440
16 16 48.41 7131 39356 318711 42252
17 17 48.52 7592 40739 326582 44626
18 18 46.36 7948 39358 321014 42915
19 19 45.53 7915 40956 322874 44605
20 20 44.03 8093 40227 324298 43519
21 21 45.17 7614 38279 309666 42732
22 22 44.83 7293 40031 317373 43647
23 23 45.19 9447 37323 330859 43839
24 24 46.35 12917 39591 389752 46796
25 25 49.10 7469 36768 301732 44445
26 26 47.33 7686 37177 303323 41431
27 27 46.77 8092 41786 348836 45327
28 28 44.14 7214 41510 342996 45888
29 29 49.90 7516 42748 353318 46677
30 30 45.97 7752 41806 351082 46256
31 31 43.93 7882 43088 345661 47570
32 32 40.57 8293 42232 356718 46841
33 33 41.21 7578 41271 338059 45229
34 34 41.20 7695 42350 341995 46057
35 35 42.52 9969 39755 355969 46338
36 36 43.19 12850 43010 414458 49114
37 37 44.83 7535 39875 320540 45729
38 38 45.63 7949 41248 335404 44437
39 39 46.45 8167 46071 373528 47746
40 40 47.64 6907 44215 354456 46050
41 41 47.10 7608 45939 378084 48721
> scatterplotMatrix(obama)
> plot(obama$approve, obama$elec.sales)
> regobam<-lm(obama$elec.sales ~ obama$approve)
> abline(regobam)
> summary(regobam)

Call:
lm(formula = obama$elec.sales ~ obama$approve)

Residuals:
Min 1Q Median 3Q Max
-1342.8 -721.2 -420.9 -151.0 4716.1

Coefficients:
Estimate Std. Error t value Pr(>|t|)
(Intercept) 10193.80 1715.77 5.941 6.25e-07 ***
obama$approve -40.81 34.41 -1.186 0.243
---
Signif. codes: 0 ‘***’ 0.001 ‘**’ 0.01 ‘*’ 0.05 ‘.’ 0.1 ‘ ’ 1

Residual standard error: 1470 on 39 degrees of freedom
Multiple R-squared: 0.0348, Adjusted R-squared: 0.01005
F-statistic: 1.406 on 1 and 39 DF, p-value: 0.2429

> title(main="Scatterplot of U.S. Electronic Sales vs. Obama approval \n r**2 = 0.01005")
> plot(obama$elec.sales, obama$approve)
> reg2obam<-lm(obama$approve ~ obama$elec.sales)
> abline(reg2obam)
> summary(reg2obam)

Call:
lm(formula = obama$approve ~ obama$elec.sales)

Residuals:
Min 1Q Median 3Q Max
-8.743 -4.105 -2.237 2.285 17.023

Coefficients:
Estimate Std. Error t value Pr(>|t|)
(Intercept) 56.3854440 5.9740091 9.438 1.28e-11 ***
obama$elec.sales -0.0008528 0.0007192 -1.186 0.243
---
Signif. codes: 0 ‘***’ 0.001 ‘**’ 0.01 ‘*’ 0.05 ‘.’ 0.1 ‘ ’ 1

Residual standard error: 6.719 on 39 degrees of freedom
Multiple R-squared: 0.0348, Adjusted R-squared: 0.01005
F-statistic: 1.406 on 1 and 39 DF, p-value: 0.2429

> title(main="Scatterplot of Obama approval vs Electronic sales \n r**2 = 0.01005")
 Quoting: Wonkish


And your response... Let me put this as delicately as I can... Is Bullshit. A bunch of useless plots and numbers, that quite honestly have no relevance what so ever, simply because they lack dates. In your post you said they are by month, yet I do not see a single month listed?

And secondly because, one main factor of my opening post was the attacks of "racism" against those not drinking the Obama kool aid during the first election. Those plots are pertaining to the time once in office... Well I think, due to no dates!

OH! and third... Wheres a link? For all I know you could have pulled these numbers and plots right out your ass????

And lastly... Just because you have access to a thesaurus, the extended vocabulary lends no more credibility to your words. Bullshit can still be presented, though it is wrapped up in a big bow of language so archaic its laughable. Honestly it is typically the method by which Bullshit is presented.
hf
"And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather EXPOSE them" - Eph. 5:11
Anonymous Coward
06/28/2012 04:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: !!!THE REAL REASON! Obama Is ACTUALLY Disliked!!! ITS NOT RACISM!!!
shitstream Your hypothesis

I am going to half-ass this and let you fill in the blanks

Methods

Approval ratings for President Obama were downloaded from Gallup and the monthly approval rating was then averaged by month. This monthly average was then placed into a spreadsheet organized by President Obama's time in office. Business and industry data was taken from the U.S. Census website and then placed into the same spreadsheet as the approval ratings. Census data came from the following categories: Electronics, food service, retail, and grocery. This spreadsheet was then exported as a CSV and imported into R via the read.csv command. All analyses and graphics were performed and generated in R.

Results

1. A scatterplot matrix of the data (note that some categories have a stronger correlation than the variable that you are promulgating to be the causative agent)

:careg:

Zoom in on the relationship that you are claiming is responsible for individuals disliking the president

:caregzoom:

2. Scatterplot of Electronics vs Obama approval

:scplt2:

Call:
lm(formula = obama$approve ~ obama$elec.sales)

Residuals:
Min 1Q Median 3Q Max
-8.743 -4.105 -2.237 2.285 17.023

Coefficients:
Estimate Std. Error t value Pr(>|t|)
(Intercept) 56.3854440 5.9740091 9.438 1.28e-11 ***
obama$elec.sales -0.0008528 0.0007192 -1.186 0.243
---
Signif. codes: 0 ‘***’ 0.001 ‘**’ 0.01 ‘*’ 0.05 ‘.’ 0.1 ‘ ’ 1

Residual standard error: 6.719 on 39 degrees of freedom
Multiple R-squared: 0.0348, Adjusted R-squared: 0.01005
F-statistic: 1.406 on 1 and 39 DF, p-value: 0.2429

3. Scatterplot of Obama approval vs. Electronics

:scplt1:

Call:
lm(formula = obama$elec.sales ~ obama$approve)

Residuals:
Min 1Q Median 3Q Max
-1342.8 -721.2 -420.9 -151.0 4716.1

Coefficients:
Estimate Std. Error t value Pr(>|t|)
(Intercept) 10193.80 1715.77 5.941 6.25e-07 ***
obama$approve -40.81 34.41 -1.186 0.243
---
Signif. codes: 0 ‘***’ 0.001 ‘**’ 0.01 ‘*’ 0.05 ‘.’ 0.1 ‘ ’ 1

Residual standard error: 1470 on 39 degrees of freedom
Multiple R-squared: 0.0348, Adjusted R-squared: 0.01005
F-statistic: 1.406 on 1 and 39 DF, p-value: 0.2429



Code used

> obama<-read.csv("/home/dontstalkme/Desktop/obama.csv", header=TRUE, sep=",")
> print(obama)
time approve elec.sales food.service retail.trade grocery.stores
1 1 66.27 8370 36137 275193 42942
2 2 63.66 8151 34890 265655 38530
3 3 61.87 7576 38393 291325 41324
4 4 63.03 6907 37738 293285 41790
5 5 64.40 7337 40148 308796 44046
6 6 60.45 7576 38251 307399 42166
7 7 57.10 7526 39130 310130 43854
8 8 53.19 7852 38798 315799 43009
9 9 52.07 7236 36493 289276 41549
10 10 52.65 7059 38165 301569 43026
11 11 50.93 9510 35453 305090 42509
12 12 50.16 12863 37474 364111 45387
13 13 49.43 7598 35476 280522 42984
14 14 50.29 7852 35323 277004 40057
15 15 48.50 7752 39342 322875 43440
16 16 48.41 7131 39356 318711 42252
17 17 48.52 7592 40739 326582 44626
18 18 46.36 7948 39358 321014 42915
19 19 45.53 7915 40956 322874 44605
20 20 44.03 8093 40227 324298 43519
21 21 45.17 7614 38279 309666 42732
22 22 44.83 7293 40031 317373 43647
23 23 45.19 9447 37323 330859 43839
24 24 46.35 12917 39591 389752 46796
25 25 49.10 7469 36768 301732 44445
26 26 47.33 7686 37177 303323 41431
27 27 46.77 8092 41786 348836 45327
28 28 44.14 7214 41510 342996 45888
29 29 49.90 7516 42748 353318 46677
30 30 45.97 7752 41806 351082 46256
31 31 43.93 7882 43088 345661 47570
32 32 40.57 8293 42232 356718 46841
33 33 41.21 7578 41271 338059 45229
34 34 41.20 7695 42350 341995 46057
35 35 42.52 9969 39755 355969 46338
36 36 43.19 12850 43010 414458 49114
37 37 44.83 7535 39875 320540 45729
38 38 45.63 7949 41248 335404 44437
39 39 46.45 8167 46071 373528 47746
40 40 47.64 6907 44215 354456 46050
41 41 47.10 7608 45939 378084 48721
> scatterplotMatrix(obama)
> plot(obama$approve, obama$elec.sales)
> regobam<-lm(obama$elec.sales ~ obama$approve)
> abline(regobam)
> summary(regobam)

Call:
lm(formula = obama$elec.sales ~ obama$approve)

Residuals:
Min 1Q Median 3Q Max
-1342.8 -721.2 -420.9 -151.0 4716.1

Coefficients:
Estimate Std. Error t value Pr(>|t|)
(Intercept) 10193.80 1715.77 5.941 6.25e-07 ***
obama$approve -40.81 34.41 -1.186 0.243
---
Signif. codes: 0 ‘***’ 0.001 ‘**’ 0.01 ‘*’ 0.05 ‘.’ 0.1 ‘ ’ 1

Residual standard error: 1470 on 39 degrees of freedom
Multiple R-squared: 0.0348, Adjusted R-squared: 0.01005
F-statistic: 1.406 on 1 and 39 DF, p-value: 0.2429

> title(main="Scatterplot of U.S. Electronic Sales vs. Obama approval \n r**2 = 0.01005")
> plot(obama$elec.sales, obama$approve)
> reg2obam<-lm(obama$approve ~ obama$elec.sales)
> abline(reg2obam)
> summary(reg2obam)

Call:
lm(formula = obama$approve ~ obama$elec.sales)

Residuals:
Min 1Q Median 3Q Max
-8.743 -4.105 -2.237 2.285 17.023

Coefficients:
Estimate Std. Error t value Pr(>|t|)
(Intercept) 56.3854440 5.9740091 9.438 1.28e-11 ***
obama$elec.sales -0.0008528 0.0007192 -1.186 0.243
---
Signif. codes: 0 ‘***’ 0.001 ‘**’ 0.01 ‘*’ 0.05 ‘.’ 0.1 ‘ ’ 1

Residual standard error: 6.719 on 39 degrees of freedom
Multiple R-squared: 0.0348, Adjusted R-squared: 0.01005
F-statistic: 1.406 on 1 and 39 DF, p-value: 0.2429

> title(main="Scatterplot of Obama approval vs Electronic sales \n r**2 = 0.01005")
 Quoting: Wonkish


And your response... Let me put this as delicately as I can... Is Bullshit. A bunch of useless plots and numbers, that quite honestly have no relevance what so ever, simply because they lack dates. In your post you said they are by month, yet I do not see a single month listed?

And secondly because, one main factor of my opening post was the attacks of "racism" against those not drinking the Obama kool aid during the first election. Those plots are pertaining to the time once in office... Well I think, due to no dates!

OH! and third... Wheres a link? For all I know you could have pulled these numbers and plots right out your ass????

And lastly... Just because you have access to a thesaurus, the extended vocabulary lends no more credibility to your words. Bullshit can still be presented, though it is wrapped up in a big bow of language so archaic its laughable. Honestly it is typically the method by which Bullshit is presented.
hf
 Quoting: SwampRatLost


Useless numbers huh? The data's source was listed in the methods section, and the month/year does not need to be listed as that parameter (time) is removed in OLS regression (note the scatterplot matrix also has loess lines at the 95% CI as n < 1000 for each explanatory variable)---time in the output "print(obama)" begins with January of 2009 being equal to one with the values on the far left being index numbers (which are not included in the analysis as "as.matrix(foo)" is not seen in the code portion of the post). Gallup data can be retrieved by navigating your browser to [link to www.gallup.com] and downloading the complete trend. U.S. Census statistics can be retrieved by navigating your browser to [link to www.census.gov] and accessing each category and specifying the interval, with respect to time, 2009 - 2012. Monthly means, of the Gallup numbers, will line up provided the numbers are treated in the same manner as was outlined in the methods section---each statistic is counted as an element of some set, by month, and the mean of each set is then determined by [average=()] your office suite.

The plots are actually relevant to the discussion at hand, as a hypothesis was presented yet said hypothesis was not tested in a rigorous manner---in fact you did not test your hypothesis at all. You merely perpetuated the classical cum hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy and failed to acknowledge the presence of confounding variables in your analysis; moreover, closer inspection by OLS testing shows that the coefficient of determination is miniscule with r**2 = 0.01005 and a p-value of 0.2429 (implying that we fail to reject the null hypothesis).

If you still have issues with the analysis that was provided, all of the code is listed at the end of the post. If you are still lost, do not fret, a large proportion of individuals do not understand statistical analysis and often make mistakes which can skew their worldview so that it, the worldview, will change to fit their preconceived notions of reality and reject all facts that do not perpetuate their confirmation biases.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14181922
United States
06/28/2012 04:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: !!!THE REAL REASON! Obama Is ACTUALLY Disliked!!! ITS NOT RACISM!!!
Wow! What a interesting theory you have. Good work.

What I find most interesting is your theory coincides with my own life experiences.

I was old enough to vote in 2002. At this time I did not have much interest in politics, but I did have some. Mostly I was using the internet to play games though.

By 2004 I was beginning to take more interest and concern with politics and the state of things. But mostly I was still playing games on the internet.

2008 rolls around. I have more interest in politics. Still mostly playing games on the internet.

About two months into 2009 I stopped playing games on the internet. I became obsessed with politics 24/7. If I was on the internet, I was reading/talking about politics. If I wasn't on the internet I was reading/talking politics. Interestingly this is the about the time I begun to dislike Obama immensely.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18703950
Slovenia
06/28/2012 05:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: !!!THE REAL REASON! Obama Is ACTUALLY Disliked!!! ITS NOT RACISM!!!
Apparently, Obama is less disliked than Romney

Pollsters averages:

Popular: [link to www.realclearpolitics.com]

Electoral: [link to www.realclearpolitics.com]

*
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18703950
Slovenia
06/28/2012 05:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: !!!THE REAL REASON! Obama Is ACTUALLY Disliked!!! ITS NOT RACISM!!!
...So please step back this coming election year... And rethink labeling anyone opposed to Obama, as a racist. It might be that we are just more informed then we were in the past... /snip/
 Quoting: SwampRatLost

I do NOT label everyone opposing Obama a racist - even if I consider Obama as a lesser evil than Bush and Romney. Every politician has to endure criticism; I believe it should be our duty to be critical against ALL those on power impartially.

Of course I consider those sending "the ape back to Africa" as racists; but this isn't even criticism.

/snip/...As I stated above I would like to address the claim that Obama is one of the most attacked Presidents in history, and why this might be, with some statistics that some might not be familiar.

I had a theory that the increases in attacks, may be due to an increased number of American's having access to the net, and being able to do their own research on the candidates, and here is what I found... /snip/

If you notice prior to 2004, there was such a small percentage of Americans who were actually connected to the net. So you can imagine, at that time, any information that the Majority of American's received about the candidates, was fed to them by the media... /snip/
 Quoting: SwampRatLost

Internet has unfortunately turned into a promised land of nuts, hoaxers, scammers, attention-whores and political spinners. Just look at the GLP.

Let me summarize a part of information about Obama we learned from alternative media:

- his fathers are Marshall Davis, Malcolm X, and his own grandfather;
- regardless to above he’s NOT a natural born citizen;
- regardless to above his highly pregnant mother went to some remote African village to give him a birth;
- he is a communist, radical Muslim and homosexual at the same time;
- he actually is Osama bin Laden who actually died in ‘01;
- etc. etc. etc.

Can you notice any contradictions above?

MSMs are indeed bending facts, but alternative media are often outright making them up.

*
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18727427
Italy
06/28/2012 05:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: !!!THE REAL REASON! Obama Is ACTUALLY Disliked!!! ITS NOT RACISM!!!
why they pick him from the reserve of home made cabal candidates?


because the racial card is like the anti-semite game

if you disagree with him doing what the cabal wants, you are racist
No Dhimmi
Proud Infidel

User ID: 13082508
United States
06/28/2012 06:31 AM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: !!!THE REAL REASON! Obama Is ACTUALLY Disliked!!! ITS NOT RACISM!!!
"Hey people, while y'all pay for my wife Michelle to take extravagant trips to exotic places that you'll never be able to afford like Spain, Aspen and Hawaii, instead of getting your daughter a wedding gift - or a your wife a 50th anniversary gift - why don't you contribute money to my re-election campaign in their name."

Atlas just shrugs, Orwell smiles in his grave.

Lean Forward We
Background of my avatar: [link to en.wikipedia.org]

The religion of submission cannot survive an open and honest discussion of its convoluted and foolish scriptures, its sexually perverted terrorist prophet, or its deceitful and demented god. When Western leaders become unified and resolute in their hostility to Islam's violent and ungodly beginnings, Muslims will flee the religion because they will be horrified by its endorsement of terrorism, mass murder, slave trading, plunder, kidnapping, and rape.

If Muslims & their apologists really want to cure "Islamophobia," here is an easy way. Focus their indignation on Muslims committing violent acts in the name of Islam, not on non-Muslims reporting on those acts.
[link to www.cspipublishing.com]
[link to www.faithfreedom.org]
[link to thereligionofpeace.com]
[link to www.bibleprobe.com]
[link to www.fatherzakaria.net]

Ecclesiastes 10:2 “The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.”

We are all born ignorant, but it takes a lot of work to keep looking the other way to remain stupid.

Islam is not a race - the racism rant is lame, used by the intellectually lazy to derail the debate.
CultivatingMass

User ID: 15716609
United States
06/28/2012 06:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: !!!THE REAL REASON! Obama Is ACTUALLY Disliked!!! ITS NOT RACISM!!!
i thought it was cause he used too much teeth...


that' what sinclair said.




e
 Quoting: Skin Suit


obarky bounel loves to smoke that crack rock while gettin' dome from the homosexuals

course this has nothing to do with his political affiliations. no sir, no way a closet homosexual who smokes crack cocaine would possibly let those activities interfere with his duties as POTUS

gosh we joke so much, it's gonna be sad when he is finally arrested...

Last Edited by CultivatingMass on 06/28/2012 06:38 AM
Guam Guy
User ID: 2103460
Guam
06/28/2012 06:57 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: !!!THE REAL REASON! Obama Is ACTUALLY Disliked!!! ITS NOT RACISM!!!
so pree 1992 only the 1% had internet.....!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9322922


Yes... Crazy to think about now.
 Quoting: SwampRatLost


And it was Dial-Up - S L O W
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4495270
United States
06/28/2012 07:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: !!!THE REAL REASON! Obama Is ACTUALLY Disliked!!! ITS NOT RACISM!!!
No. If Obama cared about this country, wanted to build it into a strong great nation and made logical decisions I would vote for him.

But he is not doing any of that. In fact hes not just failing at those noble goals he is purposefully doing the OPPOSITE, to tear the country apart and usher in facism. So Im not going to vote for him.
CultivatingMass

User ID: 15716609
United States
06/28/2012 07:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: !!!THE REAL REASON! Obama Is ACTUALLY Disliked!!! ITS NOT RACISM!!!
so pree 1992 only the 1% had internet.....!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 9322922


Yes... Crazy to think about now.
 Quoting: SwampRatLost


And it was Dial-Up - S L O W
 Quoting: Guam Guy 2103460


man I remember that shit.

trying to play Sims Online was impossible. and AOL Chat would always kick you out right when you're chatting with sexy ladies.

but those were the days huh? *sigh*

News