In 1997 to 1998, Alternative Action for African Development and Church World Service test the power of Moringa leaf powder in pregnant or breast feeding women to prevent or cure malnutrition. The results of the test provided outstanding results in that pregnant women recovered from anemia and gave birth to babies with higher birth weights than before, breast feeding mothers had more milk, and the babies born had overall better health.
Other countries are already using the power of Moringa to treat all kinds of disease and ailments such as:
• Guatemala - skin infections and sores
• India - anemia, anxiety, asthma, blackheads, blood impurities, bronchitis, catarrh, chest congestion, cholera, conjunctivitis, cough, diarrhea, eye and ear infections, fever, glandular swelling, headaches, abnormal blood pressure, hysteria, pain in joints, pimples, psoriasis, respiratory disorders, scurvy, semen deficiency, sore throat, sprain, and tuberculosis
• Malaysia - intestinal worms
• Nicaragua - headache, skin infections, and sores
• Philippines - anemia, glandular swelling, and lactation
• Puerto Rico - intestinal worms
• Senegal - diabetes, pregnancy, skin infections, and sores
• Venezuela - intestinal worms
• Other countries - colitis, diarrhea, dropsy, dysentery, gonorrhea, jaundice, malaria, stomach ulcers, tumor, and urinary disorders
Moringa Oleifera, is one of the 14 species in this family and the most studied. She is a small shrub or tree that can reach 12m or 36 ft. height and can live up to 20 years. She is one of the fastest grow tree and can reach 3m or 9 ft. in height in less than a year. She has deep roots to survive the droughts. Her leaves replensh themselves even in the drought seasons.
[link to www.moringatoday.com