Good Morning All!2012-09-22 11:04 UTC
- 3 new earthquakes in mixed depth layers as you can see below.
- the last 10 epicenters are showing a mixed picture
- we do see again some earthquakes in the southern part of the island and in the Las Calmas sea. These earthquakes are situated in the 18 to 22 km depth zone
- for those people only following this site recently : last years eruption (colouring of the water, poisonous magma, floating lava, etc (see our first 30 parts below) was approx.. at the southernmost epicenter on the map below2012-09-22 10:17 UTCA word from Joke Volta, yes still living on the island and worried even more than before :
Hello everybody…this must be the longest volcano reporting of the world…
For instance last week, activity was coming up, and reaching levels of about 200 quakes a day (198 te be exact)
A very short period, and a lot of quakes, if you compare it to what happened in June this year.
I was really worried, but the situation is still the same, go on with watching because yesterday’s swarm in the Golfo-bay-area was shallow again (other active spot). Let’s not forget the deformation, must be hugh forces, to lift up the island this way…
So…we go on reporting, wishing you all a nice weekend.
Be patient … geological procedures can be last a long time …
Joke Volta2012-09-22 05:46 UTCGPS Deformations
(vertical) : Restinga station lifted 0.5 cm and Pinar a few mm, Frontera on the other hand deflated approx. 1 cm.2012-09-22 05:32 UTC
- September 21 ended with 25 earthquakes. A M1.1 at a depth of 23 km and a M1.5 at a depth of 8 km.
- 3 earthquakes so far today
[link to earthquake-report.com