... Quoting: DoubleHelix
I stand corrected:)
You are not incorrect.
The first, OM, is composed of three pure letters, A, U, and M.
Om Ma Ni Pad Me Hum (Praise to the Jewel in the Lotus)
Very nice simple Tibetan mantra:
• Om purifies bliss and pride (realm of the gods)
• Ma purifies jealousy and need for entertainment (realm of the jealous gods)
• Ni purifies passion and desire (human realm)
• Pad purifies ignorance and prejudice (animal realm)
• Me purifies poverty and possessiveness (realm of the hungry ghosts)
• Hum purifies aggression and hatred (hell realm)