Troops counts from IFUNs links & prior posts -
TROOPS ON GROUND: 5,000 Malian forces plus 3,300 from ECOWAS members and 2,200 from non-ECOWAS African nations..
- Burkina Faso will send around 150 troops.
- Niger will contribute 500 soldiers.
- Ivory Coast & Senegal will not participate
- Nigeria will contribute 700 forces
OTHER AFRICAN STATES (Non-ECOWAS)
- Mauritania and Algeria will not send troops
- Libya, Chad & South Africa may contribute troops
- Morocco's involvement is unknown (invited to planning)
WESTERN POWERS SUPPORT: 400 European soldiers in non-combat roles. A French military source said that soldiers drawn from the special forces of France, Germany, Italy, Poland and Spain.
AERIAL RESOURCES, LOGISTICS & INTELLIGENCE - The United States and/or France (multiple sources say US but they want to minimize public role)