Quoting: Devoted Follower 28055738 Quoting: tarfonwxx Sirens in Sderot, rocket hit Quoting: Devoted Follower 28055738
If this was a Hamas rocket attack, and I assume it was, doesn't this breach Israel's ultimatum?
the ultimatum is for hamas to agree to israel's terms for a ceasefire, or face escalation; the rockets and IAF attacks continue in the meantime..
According to reports in Cairo, these are the conditions for a ceasefire set forth by Israel:
1. A lull for a period of more than 15 years.
2. An immediate cessation of arms smuggling and the transfer of weapons to Gaza.
3. Cessation of rocket fire on the part of all armed Palestinian factions and an end to attacks on soldiers near the Gaza border.
4. Israel has the right to hunt down terrorists in the event of an attack or if it obtains information on an imminent attack.
5. The Rafah border crossing between Gaza and Egypt will remain open, but the crossings on the Gaza-Israel border will remain closed.
6. Egypt's politicians, headed by President Mohammed Morsi, will be the guarantors of any ceasefire agreement. Meaning, the agreement will be backed by Egypt's political echelon rather than by its security establishment.
[link to www.ynetnews.com