Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28711488
1. Radioactive clocks tell us the world is 100% older than 4 billion years. Quoting: Anonymous Coward 5164756
2. DNA from fossils shows us directly the family tree of evolution.
3. There is zero arguments to be had about this. These are not false dating methods as someone pointed out.
4. We have mapped the genome, but I'm sure that you're well aware.
who is this person who said our dating methods are incorrect. Where's your evidence? What source?
5. Creationism has zero credibility.
There is no evidence.
6. Science has nothing but evidence.
7. There was no great flood. It's a metaphor, one that was never to be taken literally.
8. The bible does not state the age of the earth.
9. Your god has never penned anything as far as I know.
A council of men who remembered the stories they were told did however. It was a lovely peice of fiction. And that's all it is.
10. I'm moving to England, where we actually don't allow these types to talk.
Wrong about many counts:
1) radioactive dating failures are numerous when dating rock of known age resulting in an erroneous age. It is not an accurate method at all largely due to weather and erosion.
2) Genetics remain constant according to Mendel's Laws on Genetics. This was in contrast to the claims made by Lamarck and Darwin who claimed one creature would become another. DNA itself does not last longer than 10kyears. Any found would be younger than that.
3) better dating methods are the observed erosion rates.
4) the genome of what exactly?
5) true - the one with no evidence has zero credibility. Obviously there is a conspiracy.
6) Science and evolution theories are two different things.
7) Jesus spoke about the flood of Noah "taking them all away" as not metaphorically. Everyone was killed in a global flood, and all the animals giving us the resulting fossil record and sedimentary geocolumn.
8) Now you are an expert on the Bible too? The Bible specifically counts geneologies from Jesus back to Adam.
9) Prophets receive word directly from God who then came to earth that we may know him, recorded by all the historians of the day.
10) They dont allow Freedom in England? You must be mistaken.
I made my way to the lab, where I could actually use a computer and respond in a much more complete fashion. My Iphone has the tendency to autocorrect a lot of my posts, and completely scroll down whilst trying to write the next paragraph.
1.fossils occur in regular sequences time after time; radioactive decay happens, and repeated cross testing of radiometric dates confirms their validity. Fossil sequences were recognized and established in their broad outlines long before Charles Darwin had even thought of evolution. Early geologists, in the 1700s and 1800s, noticed how fossils seemed to occur in sequences: certain assemblages of fossils were always found below other assemblages.geologists then began to build up the stratigraphic column, the familiar listing of divisions of geological time — Jurassic, Cretaceous, Tertiary, and so on. Each time unit was characterized by particular fossils. The scheme worked all round the world, without fail.Since 1859
, paleontologists, or fossil experts, have searched the world for fossils. In the past 150 years they have not found any fossils that Darwin would not have expected. New discoveries have filled in the gaps, and shown us in unimaginable detail the shape of the great ‘tree of life’. Darwin and his contemporaries could never have imagined the improvements in resolution of stratigraphy that have come since 1859, nor guessed what fossils were to be found in the southern continents, nor predicted the huge increase in the number of amateur and professional paleontologists worldwide. All these labors have not led to a single unexpected finding such as a human fossil from the time of the dinosaurs, or a Jurassic dinosaur in the same rocks as Silurian trilobites.
Radiometric dating involves the use of isotope series, such as rubidium/strontium, thorium/lead, potassium/argon, argon/argon, or uranium/lead, all of which have very long half-lives, ranging from 0.7 to 48.6 billion years
. Subtle differences in the relative proportions of the two isotopes can give good dates for rocks of any age.using ever more sophisticated techniques and equipment, cannot shift that date. It is accurate to within a few thousand years. With modern, extremely precise, methods, error bars are often only 1% or so.
then again I get my science from scientists with actual accomplishments, and academic prowess, while you get your science by mother fucking Patrick Mead...
2. [link to news.discovery.com
] what, not Patrick Mead enough for you?
nonetheless, explain mutations to me. DNA does, and is changing. this DNA is 800,000 years old
, but I guess that doesn't move you, because real scientists we cannot trust.. I can come to your home with my satanist science gear to prove it...
3. I'm not going to touch this one, because there is no scientist in the world outside the handful you listen to that believe this. This is less than unpopular with any respectable scientist. I feel like you shat this one out without finding any evidence of it. again.. no evidence in your response.. go figure..
4. [link to www.genomenewsnetwork.org
] plenty, not including the human genome - [link to www.ornl.gov
] how is this relevant? well, don't hurt your brain figuring this out. should be obvious. you ask what, like you weren't aware, that's what happens when you stay out of the loop too long..
5. You've give zero evidence yet again.
Nor has any religion in history ever produced any evidence whatsoever
. That in itself should encourage you to stop
believing, but I guess this is going to be a bit harder..
6. science and evolution theories are two different things?
you might want to reword that.. Or perhaps redact it entirely..
7. Please explain then, why all the dinosaurs, mammoths, early humans, heavily-armored fishes, trilobites, ammonites, and the rest could all live together or why the marine creatures were somehow ‘drowned’ by the flood? The Great Pyramid of Cheops was built about 2589-2566 BC, about 230 years before the flood, yet it has no water marks on it. The Djoser Step Pyramid at Saqqara, Egypt, built about 2630 BC doesn't show any signs of having been under water. Likewise for many other ancient structures. But even more importantly, the Egyptians have continuous historical records for hundreds of years before and after the time of the flood that make no mention of a great flood. This shows that they were not only not aware of a global flood, they certainly were not greatly affected by one. Outside of the Bible, there is no historical or physical evidence that would place a worldwide flood during the time period specified by the Bible for the great flood.
Where did the water needed for the flood come from? Where did it go? The atmosphere only holds enough moisture to account for about an inch of water worldwide. To cover even Mount Ararat, where Noah's Ark supposedly landed after the flood, in 40 days would require over 400 feet of water per day. That's not 400 inches, but 400 feet a day
. And Everest would require 725 feet per day - that's 30 feet of water per hour! Some claim that the mountains didn't exist before the flood. But even Bible speaks of great mountains in the time before the flood. Were these great mountains mentioned in the Bible only a few feet high?
Some propose a massive vapor canopy existed in the times before the flood. But, the pressure at the base of such a canopy would be so high that it would need to have a temperature of over 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Any cooler and it would come down as rain.
How much water would it take?
The total volume of water on Earth is about 1.4 billion cubic kilometers www.space.com, USGS.gov
Volume of a sphere = 4/3 r3 where r=radius
Radius of Earth = 6,378.15 Kilometers
Height of Mt. Everest = 8.85 Kilometers
The volume of water needed to cover Earth to the height of Mt. Everest is approximately the difference in volume of a sphere needed to encompass Mt. Everest and the volume of a sphere the size of the Earth.
Volume of a sphere encompassing the Earth at sea level
= 4/3 (6,378.15 KM)3 = 1,086,825,918,019 KM3
Volume of a sphere encompassing Mt. Everest
= 4/3 (6,378.15 + 8.85 KM)3 = 1,091,388,460,971 KM3
The Difference = 4,530,488,766 KM3
Notice that this is more than 3 TIMES the amount of water presently on Earth.
perplexing I know. easily explained if you are a critical thinker, or perhaps took third grade science..
8. Again, I won't touch this, because of the singular reason the bible is work of fiction, set against the backdrop of it's predecessors. which, if you've ever taken the time to check out, would realize parallel the exact story of Jesus, yet predate the bible by hundreds if not thousands of years. perhaps god put these books here, much like he did dinosaur fossils to test our faith? do you see where i'm going with this?
9. Again, You're showing your cracks. Perhaps you'd care to explain why then, not one single author during the time of Jesus chose to write about him? not a single one. I'll repeat that in case you missed it. THERE ARE NO RECORDS OR JESUS DURING HIS LIFE.
and yet during his many miracles performed, and people raised from the dead did not one single author care to mention it anywhere? This is my opinion is direct proof that Jesus had not been a living person to begin with. That little incontrovertible fact, is evidence in my opinion, whereas you've yet to post a shred of anything resembling evidence.
10. have you not read any recent polls on religious statistics in England, or even the US for that matter?
there is a huge shift in beliefs. secularism is on the rise. and someday Christianity will die, like all that came before it.
So, what's your next argument? will you post some of Pat's quotes? refer me to a youtube video on creationism? perhaps try to tell me your proof is in the pudding? or the fictional best seller that is the bible, in this case.
it's obvious who is using logic here. case closed.