Israel Announces West Bank Construction a Day After UN Vote Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28833032
[link to www.businessweek.com
Friday, 30 Nov 2012 06:04 PM
JERUSALEM — Israel approved the construction of 3,000 new homes in Jerusalem and the West Bank less than 24 hours after the U.N. General Assembly voted to recognize Palestine as a non-member observer state.
Israel also intends to move ahead on procedures necessary to plan for construction in a West Bank area between the Jewish settlement of Maaleh Adumim and Jerusalem, two government officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity due to the sensitivity of the matter.The Palestinian Authority, the United Nations, and the United States consider all Israeli settlements in the West Bank illegal.
The area between Jerusalem and Maaleh Adumim is particularly sensitive because Israeli construction there may cut off Palestinians from their aspirational capital in east Jerusalem in a future peace accord.
Israel settlements and east Jerusalem construction “are counterproductive and make it harder to resume direct negotiations or achieve a two-state solution,” White House Security Council spokesman Tommy Vietor said in an email Friday.So who really wants the Middle East thrown into war?
LOL, you poor sad (Muslim-Marxist oil-funded propaganda) brainwashed ignoramus.
1) Nobody has the power to over-ride the 4,000 year continuous Jewish connection/origin in Levant. Or the fact that they are currently in possession of it, possession being 9/10 of the law and all that, LOL.
2) Legally, League of Nations decision, San Remo, still stand. In fact, Israel being the nice guys that they are, was kind enough to give up its rightful legal claim to the entire land of today's Jordan. You see, when United Nations was formed, it automatically adopted the relevant resolutions of its parent organization, the League of Nations. Somehow all the Jew-haters seem to have amnesia when it comes to actual facts and history.
3) Likewise, the UN Security Council Resolution 242 does NOT prohibit Jews from building in "disputed" territories as long as the MUTUALLY-AGREED UPON final-status resolution has not taken place. And since Mahmoud Abbas has been dodging Bibi Netanyahu's invitations to the negotiation-table for the last 2 years.... Not mention Palistinian leaders REJECTING 2 generous offers in 2000 and 2008... Well, figure it out, haha.
4) Oslo Accords, explicitly backed and guaranteed by the Quartet Powers, including the US and EU.... also do NOT prohibit settlement-construction in the designated "Area C" of West Bank. And guess where the new 3,000 apartment units will be located....? Ya damn right, skippy!
5) Please, please apply to ICC in Hague. That way Israel can sue Palestinians and their Arab League bosses for almost CONSTANT terror acts, terror atttempts, and incitement to Genocide ---- that are institutionionalized in Muslim charters, schools, kindergardens, government agencies and Media. All easily provable and demonstratable. Wheras, Israel has actual law on its side for most if not all things it does.
And don't forget that most brilliant lawyers are Jewish :)