Its part of science that earth is 4.54 billion years old and anyone with a rational mind accepts that fact. Quoting: Amilius
I would not be too sure of that. I will try to explain. In Genesis 1:26 God suggests that we live in a simulation of a real world with the words: "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness." On Simulation-argument.com Professor Nick Bostrom argues that at least one of the following must be true:
- The human species is very likely to go extinct before reaching a posthuman stage.
- Any posthuman civilisation is extremely unlikely to run a significant number of simulations of their evolutionary history (or variations thereof).
- We are almost certainly living in a computer simulation.
The assumption that we live in a non-material virtual reality owned by a deity can be supported with the following findings:
- Technology like the holodeck appears to be feasible less than a century from now, while humans are inclined make virtual realities with simulations of humans. Billions of virtual realities like this universe may exist, so it is unlikely that this universe is real.
- Even though there have been thousands of gods and goddesses worshipped in the past, none of them presented himself or herself, except one.
- It is unlikely that by pure chance a religion of a small and often dispersed people survived for more than 1,500 years and then became the basis for three major world religions, while it has been foretold to Abraham that all the peoples will be blessed in him (Gen. 18:17-18).
- The existence of synchronicity and coincidences indicates that there is a script behind all events.
- Only in a non-material virtual reality supernatural and paranormal events are possible.
- Only in a non-material virtual reality miracles are possible.
Based on the argument above, it is likely that the universe is a virtual reality. There have been billions of years in which humanity could have become an advanced civilisation that is able to build virtual realities, so the likelihood of humanity entering this phase in this specific timeframe is small compared to any timeframe in the past.