Godlike Productions - Conspiracy Forum
Users Online Now: 1,714 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,388,358
Pageviews Today: 1,713,734Threads Today: 442Posts Today: 6,347
12:24 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
Message Subject Help me. I think I'm suffering from DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder).
Poster Handle En Sof
Post Content
DID is a very real condition that derives from early childhood trauma.

Before you begin searching through the trauma vault, make sure you are surrounded by people you trust including at least one good psychiatrist AND psychologist. You'll need the psychologist for talk therapy and the psychiatrist for meds (if you need any). Make no mistake, this is not something to be approached lightly. Integrating trauma is the most painful and horrific thing a person can go through. I cannot describe how painful it is, and many people don't make it through the integration process and end up committing suicide because it's just too much to process.

If you truly feel you have good supports, then start with a talk therapist. It took me one year before my memories started coming up and once they did, it's been a long and painful process. But with the pain comes healing, and when you don't remember a big part of your life, you tend not to live a quality life as a result.

And fyi, usually survivors of sexual abuse use many coping skills...'putting it somewhere else' so you don't have to process it is one of them, and another is anti social behavior that includes brushes with the law. It's all part of being emotionally disturbed.

Find a psychologist. It's time to forgive yourself.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26156016

What would you reccommend for someone who does not have Health Insurance and cannot afford a Psychologist or Therapist? :(
Please verify you're human:

Reason for reporting: