Godlike Productions - Conspiracy Forum
Users Online Now: 1,257 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,559,341
Pageviews Today: 1,694,490Threads Today: 134Posts Today: 2,573
06:55 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
Message Subject Help me. I think I'm suffering from DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder).
Poster Handle Anonymous Coward
Post Content
DID is a very real condition that derives from early childhood trauma.

Before you begin searching through the trauma vault, make sure you are surrounded by people you trust including at least one good psychiatrist AND psychologist. You'll need the psychologist for talk therapy and the psychiatrist for meds (if you need any). Make no mistake, this is not something to be approached lightly. Integrating trauma is the most painful and horrific thing a person can go through. I cannot describe how painful it is, and many people don't make it through the integration process and end up committing suicide because it's just too much to process.

If you truly feel you have good supports, then start with a talk therapist. It took me one year before my memories started coming up and once they did, it's been a long and painful process. But with the pain comes healing, and when you don't remember a big part of your life, you tend not to live a quality life as a result.

And fyi, usually survivors of sexual abuse use many coping skills...'putting it somewhere else' so you don't have to process it is one of them, and another is anti social behavior that includes brushes with the law. It's all part of being emotionally disturbed.

Find a psychologist. It's time to forgive yourself.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26156016

What would you reccommend for someone who does not have Health Insurance and cannot afford a Psychologist or Therapist? :(
 Quoting: En Sof

I don't know where you live, in what country, but you should be able to find a program that could subsidize your therapy. Or at the very least, offer you sliding scale. Therapists, out of pocket, can be expensive. But many of them do sliding scale, and let you pay what you can afford.

Where I live there is a therapy program run by Catholic Families that offer $5.00 sessions with registered psychotherapists. They aren't religious in their treatment approach, they are subsidized by the Catholic Church to offer these services to people of low income.

Check with your county, and city social services, and ask your GP. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find something.

Don't try to do this on your own. Not only will it not work, but it may do more damage than good since you really need a professional to help you through this.
Please verify you're human:

Reason for reporting: