Godlike Productions - Conspiracy Forum
Users Online Now: 1,182 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 414,107
Pageviews Today: 508,546Threads Today: 170Posts Today: 2,230
03:42 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Panetta: 'Obama AWOL when Americans Killed'

Offer Upgrade

User ID: 870568
United States
02/08/2013 08:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Panetta: 'Obama AWOL when Americans Killed'
WASHINGTON – Defense Secretary Leon Panetta says President Obama was out of touch completely the night four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens, were killed in Benghazi, Libya.

In his testimony to Congress today, Panetta said that the operational details of the response, the decisions on what resources were available to help, and other decisions were left “up to us.”

Panetta, answering questions from Congress about the attack on the U.S., said except for a scheduled meeting with the president the day of the attack, Obama failed to communicate in any way with him that day.

Panetta said he simply didn’t hear from anyone at the White House.

He also said logistics and fear of more attacks prevented a quicker, more aggressive U.S. response to the terrorist attack on Sept. 11, 2012.

Read more at [link to www.wnd.com]
DoorBert (OP)

User ID: 870568
United States
02/08/2013 08:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Panetta: 'Obama AWOL when Americans Killed'

Nothing. That is what President Barack Obama did on the night of September 11, 2012, as terrorists attacked the U.S. consulate in Benghazi and killed four Americans, among them Ambassador Christopher Stevens.

President Obama’s inaction was revealed in testimony before the Senate Armed Services Committee on Thursday by outgoing Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta and Joint Chiefs of Staff General Martin Dempsey.

Under direct questioning by Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH), Panetta admitted that he had no communication with President Obama after their “pre-scheduled” meeting at 5:00 p.m. EDT.

The attack on the consulate had already been under way for 90 minutes at that time.

Neither the president nor anyone else from the White House called afterwards to check what was happening; the Commander-in-Chief had left it “up to us,” said Panetta.

[link to www.breitbart.com]