FEMA GENOCIDE 2013---COMING SOON TO A CITY NEAR YOU---OBAMA MEETS WITH CITY MAYORS TO DISCUSS "STATE OF EMERGENCIES" FOR MARTIAL LAW
THIS ARTICLE IS FROM THE SF CHRONICLE FROM TODAY SEPT 1, 2013. SINCE THE HOMELESS AND PRISON INMATES TRANSPORT TO FEMA CAMPS HAS BEEN POSTPONED, OBAMA HAD TO MEET WITH THE U.S. CONFERENCES OF MAYORS TO PLAN THE ATTACK ON AMERICANS. THERE WILL EITHER BE AN UPRISING OF STREET GANGS THAT HAVE BEEN ORGANIZED UNDER A SOCIALIST-REDISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH-KILL WHITE AMERICA 'REVOLT' OR A TERRORIST ATTACK HITTING THE STOCK EXCHANGE FOR SEPTEMBER. THE BELOW ARTICLE IS BEAR SHIT AS TO THE POLITICAL EXCHANGES THAT OCCURRED AT THE CONFERENCE. -----------------------------------------------
One day after declaring that Oakland was in an "ongoing state of emergency," Mayor Jean Quan jetted off to Washington, D.C., for a week of hobnobbing and inaugural celebrations.
The trip includes meeting with the U.S. Conference of Mayors - where San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee will also be in attendance - plus the festivities leading up to President Obama's public swearing-in Monday.
Quan took off the day after a news conference in which she deflected a request by a group of black ministers for the violence-plagued city to formally declare a state of emergency.
The ministers were reacting to a weekend of mayhem in which 15 people were shot, four fatally.
"The violence is out of control. We've had more shootings than days in the new year," said Bishop Robert Jackson of the Acts Full Gospel Church, who was one of a dozen ministers who met with Quan for about 90 minutes Monday at City Hall.
Quan told the ministers that city staffers had looked into declaring an emergency, but that in their opinion Oakland didn't qualify.
"We have been acting as if it was a state of emergency for a while," Quan said later at the East Oakland news conference. "Each time I have asked the governor for additional Highway Patrol support, he has given it to us."
The ministers were underwhelmed by the mayor's response.
"The police say they know who is doing the shooting," Jackson told us, "but what have they done to stop it?"
Mayoral spokesman Sean Maher said Quan hoped to have conversations in D.C. with federal officials to explore how the city could "partner up" with them on the crime problem.
Maher, however, said he didn't know what meetings the mayor had scheduled.
"Wow, the city is on fire and she's going to Washington," Jackson said. "I don't know what good it will do meeting with people unless you have a plan, and anyone can see the city doesn't have one."
Firefight: San Francisco's firehouses are buzzing over accusations that test scores were altered in the most recent exams for lieutenant.
The claim was included in recent court filings in a 2-year-old age discrimination suit brought by longtime firefighters who believe they were unfairly passed over.
All sides have been ordered by the court to keep their lips locked, but here's what we've been able to piece together:
Back in 2008, after more than a decade of legal wrangling over the fairness of tests, the Fire Department administered a series of promotional exams.
In all, 744 firefighters lined up to take the lieutenant's exam - including a number of longtimers, most of whom had been working as acting lieutenants for years.
When only 34 wound up being promoted, red flags went up. Fifteen firefighters eventually sued in Superior Court.
Fast-forward to a recent court filing that included depositions and records showing that many changes were made to the test scores after the fact.
What's more, the original test scoring sheets compiled by outside fire chiefs have been destroyed.
City attorney's spokesman Matt Dorsey called the claims of test tinkering "a long-shot bid" to salvage the lawsuit.
Firefighters' attorney Murlene Randle countered that the claims were only now coming to light because it took months to "chip away" at a department that operates in secret when it comes to tests.
As for the firefighters union: "A lot of people are saying, 'I told you so,' but the union is in the difficult position of having members who were both promoted or not promoted," said union President Tom O'Conner. "So we are just staying out of the fight."
Warning: Our recent disclosure that Pacific Gas and Electric Co. had considered paying $550 million to resolve state regulatory charges over the deadly 2010 San Bruno gas pipeline explosion has prompted the state Public Utilities Commission to issue a warning.
The commission has notified all parties in the confidential settlement talks that any further public breach "will result in a formal investigation and potential sanctions."
The stern admonition was issued Monday in a ruling signed by PUC administrative law judges Mark Wetzell and Amy Yip-Kikugawa.
"Should we become aware of any additional such breach in the future, we will require a formal investigation, and will be prepared to apply significant sanctions against any person or party who is found to have breached the duty of confidentiality," the judges wrote.
According to sources familiar with the case, the negotiations between PG&E and government and consumer groups broke off over non-monetary issues, including the company's refusal to admit it failed to maintain a safe gas system.
The case is now back before the administrative law judges, Wetzell and Yip-Kikugawa, and could take several months to resolve.