Godlike Productions - Conspiracy Forum
Users Online Now: 1,543 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 491,033
Pageviews Today: 623,120Threads Today: 108Posts Today: 2,338
04:31 AM


Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing
 

Glenn Beck sued for defamation after calling victim of Boston Marathon bombings the ‘money man’ behind attack

 
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 733569
United States
04/01/2014 10:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Glenn Beck sued for defamation after calling victim of Boston Marathon bombings the ‘money man’ behind attack
Glenn Beck sued for defamation after calling victim of Boston Marathon bombings the ‘money man’ behind attack

By Terrence McCoy
April 1 at 1:59 am

Conservative radio and television commentator Glenn Beck speaks to a rally of Tea Party members as they protest against the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) targeting of the Tea Party and similar groups during a rally called "Audit the IRS" outside the US Capitol in Washington, DC, June 19, 2013. AFP PHOTO / Saul LOEB (Photo credit should read SAUL LOEB/AFP/Getty Images)

Conservative radio and television commentator Glenn Beck speaks to a rally of Tea Party members as they protest against the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) targeting of the Tea Party and similar groups during a rally called “Audit the IRS” outside the US Capitol in Washington, DC, June 19, 2013. (Saul Loeb/AFP/Getty)

On a mid-April day last year, Glenn Beck was in a full lather. Less than one week had passed since a pair of bombs had exploded at the Boston Marathon, killing three and injuring hundreds more. The FBI had just identified the Tsarnaev brothers as primary suspects behind the attack. But to Beck, cloaked in a gray button-down and a sheen of indignance, this wasn’t enough.

In attendance at the marathon had been a 20-year-old Saudi Arabian student named Abdulrahman Alharbi. He was on a full ride to study at the nearby New England School of English. He’d been injured at the marathon, later questioned by police, and ultimately cleared of wrongdoing.

Beck, however, had suspicions. The radio host urged the U.S. government to release information on Alharbi or Beck would “expose” him. “Let me send this message very clear,” said Beck, who left Fox News in 2011. ”We know who this Saudi national is. … We know who this man is and, listen to me carefully, we know he is a very bad, bad, bad man.”

Beck continued days later: “While the media continues to look at what the causes were [behind] these two guys, there are, at this hour, three people involved,” he said, alleging the U.S. government had “tagged” Alharbi as a “proven terrorist.”

The broadcaster eventually called Alharbi an al Qaeda “control agent” and the “money man” behind the attacks. “You know who the Saudi is?” Beck asked. “He’s the money man. He’s the guy who paid for it.”

“Is this speculation or are you reporting something?” a co-host asked.

Beck ignored the question. “He’s the money man.”

[link to www.washingtonpost.com]

News








We're dropping truth bombs like it's the end of days!