SC Bribery Scandal Continues;Longest serving sheriff charged with multiple counts
|Anonymous Coward (OP)|
User ID: 59389734
06/18/2014 08:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
If this is what Mayberry looks like, imagine Detroit:
[link to www.usatoday.com]
Metts is the eighth South Carolina sheriff to face criminal charges or investigation in the past four years and at least the fourth accused of taking kickbacks:
• Lee County Sheriff E.J. Melvin was charged with dozens of federal drug and racketeering charges in May 2010.
• Four other sheriffs have faced state misdemeanor charges, three accused of misusing state inmate labor. Saluda County Sheriff Jason Booth and Abbeville County Sheriff Charles Goodwin pleaded guilty but avoided jail time.
• Chesterfield County Sheriff Sam Parker was found guilty earlier this year of giving away guns from his department without filing proper paperwork and allowing untrained people to act as deputies.
• Williamsburg County Sheriff Michael Johnson faces federal kickback charges, accused of creating fake police reports saying people had their identities stolen for a friend who ran a credit-repair business.
• Charleston County Sheriff Al Cannon was charged with third-degree assault and battery after admitting he slapped a handcuffed man in the face after the man had led his deputies on a 120-mph chase in January 2012. The misdemeanor charge was eligible for pre-trial intervention and he remains in office.
In Orangeburg County, officials sued the estate of Sheriff Larry Williams after his death by county officials, accusing him of taking more than $200,000 in public money and using it on personal expenses. Williams had died before his case could be prosecuted.
(Its hard to blame Al for slapping the guy, that was an insane chase)
|1||The Clinton Foundation’s Global Bribery and Crony Access Scam [Wall of text]||22h 2m|
|2||Airbus Says U.K. Fraud Office Starts Criminal Bribery Probe||08/08/16|
|3||Stay the course...do not let temptation, deceit, bribery or threats lead you astray||05/16/16|
|4||Walmart Caught In Mexican Bribery Scandal||07/17/16|
|5||Did you Hear about the Navy Bribery Scandal Involving a Dozen Admirals, “Yummy” Prostitutes and “Fat Leonard”?||04/11/15|