IMPORTANT: PIPELINE BLOWN UP BELONGS TO KOCH INDUSTRIES (DAVID KOCH)
|Anonymous Coward (OP)|
User ID: 294202
11/29/2007 08:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Remember the dead pets from the recalled Purina food?
* 1940: Fred Koch co-founds Wood River Oil and Refining Company.
* 1946: The company acquires Rock Island Oil & Refining Co. in Oklahoma.
* 1959: The company changes name to Rock Island Oil & Refining.
* 1959: Fred Koch purchases 35% equity position in Great Northern Oil Company in St. Paul MN, sight-unseen.
* 1967: Koch's death prompts the company, now led by Charles Koch, to be named Koch Industries in honor of its co-founder.
* 1969: Charles Koch and J. Howard Marshall II pool equity positions to obtain majority of Great Northern Oil Company. After 100% equity was obtained, the refinery was renamed Koch Refining.
* 1977: Koch acquires 100% of equity in Abcor and later renamed it as Koch Membrane Systems in 1985
* 1981: The company acquires refinery in Corpus Christi, Texas, from Sun Oil.
* 1986: The company acquires the C. Reiss Coal Company.
* 1989: The company purchases the assets of the John Zink Company.
* 1992: The company acquires United Gas Pipeline.
* 1993: Elf Asphalt is acquired.
* 1997: The company acquires Delhi Group.
* 1998: Purina Mills is acquired.
* 1998: The company forms KoSa after acquiring 50 percent ownership of Hoechst's polyester division.
* 2000: A U.S. Bankruptcy court cancelled out all equity in Purina held by Koch, in order to maintain Purina's viability.
* 2001: The company partners with Entergy Corporation to form the limited partnership Entergy-Koch, which includes Koch's United Gas Pipeline subsidiary.
* 2004: Koch acquires the INVISTA fibers and resins business from DuPont. Entergy-Koch is sold.
* 2005: Koch acquires Industrie Meccaniche di Bagnolo S.p.A. and later renamed it as Koch Heat Transfer Company S.r.l..
* 2005: Koch acquires Georgia-Pacific, its largest acquisition ever, and surpasses Cargill as the largest privately owned U.S. company.
Check out 1998!
|1||The Koch Brothers, Hugo Chavez and the XL Pipeline||02/07/13|
|2||Do you want to get it? You have been Koched. David Koch RAN for VP of the libertatian party. Founded the polices Paul promotes||05/13/12|
|3||'Despised' Billionaire David Koch Walks Through Occupy DC Largely Unnoticed||11/08/11|
|4||George Soros out, David Koch in...||01/05/11|
|5||Before the 2010 elections Koch Industries told its 50,000 employees who to vote for and threatened dire consequences if they voted otherwise.||04/21/11|