Godlike Productions - Conspiracy Forum
Users Online Now: 3,156 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 2,707,413
Pageviews Today: 3,787,623Threads Today: 991Posts Today: 18,703
10:36 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing


slightly eerie
User ID: 616580
United States
02/17/2009 10:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
In 1888, a 15 year old boy was living with his widowed mother and
sisters on a small farm near the now extinct town of Grundy, Texas.
While working in the garden he heard what he thought was a clap of
thunder. Before he could look up from his weeding, things began to
fall around him, hard little pieces of metal, larger pieces and many
heavy objects which struck the ground. He fled for cover in the

After things stopped falling, he went back outside and walked over
to a large object on the ground, which moved, and proved to be a
man. He was badly hurt, having fallen quite a distance to earth.
His mother and sisters arrived and helped him move the man into the
house, out of the hot Texas sun.

The people at Grundy heard the noise and some men rode out from town
to investigate. At the farm they found out about the "man who fell
from the sky." Some doubted, some laughed; yet they all had a look
at this man. And they told the mother and her children that the man
was not to be moved until the Sheriff could be summoned to the farm.
The Sheriff was not at Grundy and it would take a couple of days to
fetch him. The man regained consciousness that evening and he spoke
to them, but they could not understand his language. They offered
him food, but the only things he accepted were water and a piece of

melon. A few hours later he died. The family was afraid to move
the body until the Sheriff came, so they wrapped him in a blanket
and left his body on the bed.

This story may be considered a pure figment of the imagination, but
several years later, in 1944, this teen-age boy, now an elderly man,
told the story to some friends. Their faces must have shown doubt
because he suddenly rose, left the house and returned a few minutes
later with several pieces of metal, one he handed out for
examination and the rest he placed on the wood stove.

The first piece was very light, about 1/2 inch thick and, roughly,
6" by 9", concave on one side, convex on the other. The edges
looked like they had been "torn", with a crystal structure at right
angles to the face. The metal was a silver-gray color. It could
not be scratched with a file nor dented with a hammer, even on the

The old man then took the pieces of metal from the stovetop with his
bare hands and passed them around. It was heavier than the first
piece and of smaller dimensions. It was a dark bluish color. And
it was NOT hot, although it had laid on the stove top long enough to
be VERY hot! Though of obvious different composition, this piece
could not be scratched or dented either. When his friends commented
that they must be pieces of some new metal for airplanes, the old
man laughed and said he'd had those fragments since HE WAS A KID!

1896 - A large airship flew over the small town of Camptonville, Yuba County, California and landed nearby at 9:00 p.m. Five men went out to investigate, and found the ship with its sole occupant, a bearded man who appeared to be deaf and mute. Some written communication was attempted, in response the man produced an "alphabet" and spelled out a message saying he lived in the Montezuma Mountains with his wife and two children. He declined to answer any further questions, so the five men left. The craft was seen flying off the next day.

The airship disappeared from the West Coast after causing a brief flurry in Tacoma. In April of 1897 it—or others like it—were sighted in six Midwestern and Southern states. No wreckage was ever found, nor was a similar ship ever reported again.

The question remains: What, if anything, was it? Technically, a craft answering to its description could conceivably have been built in that era; after all, Count Zeppelin was only four years away from launching his first great dirigible. The speeds attributed to it, however, would surely have been impossible for any man-made aircraft. On the night of November 24, 1896, for instance, it was reported at Eureka, Santa Rosa, Sebastopol, San Francisco, San Jose, Visalia, Sacramento, and Placerville—a total distance of 680 air miles in five hours. To cover all that ground, the ship would have had to clip along at 136 miles per hour, a speed record that would not be broken until 1926.
[link to www.textfiles.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 616608
United States
02/17/2009 10:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation