Godlike Productions - Conspiracy Forum
Users Online Now: 1,445 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 212,905
Pageviews Today: 311,297Threads Today: 77Posts Today: 1,690
02:54 AM


Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing
 

Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!

 
***ZetaMax***

User ID: 761889
United States
09/11/2009 10:25 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Most people will coast through life unharrassed once they learn "not to make waves" - in **ANY** field of endeavor.


I'm right. You don't know any scientists. They aren't
doing a job, they are living their vocation. They are
in pursuit of a dream, trying to explore puzzles and make
discoveries. There might be a few like what you claim but
not the vast majority of them. They wouldn't do the work
they do otherwise.

You're wrong. I sit on the train ride home at least three days a week with a Ph.D. micro-biologist who is doing vaccine research on the flu on a government grant/contract. Like most of these dudes (including my younger sister who is also a Ph.D. micro-biologist), he chose his field because he loves research and discovery, and dreamed of finding - or at least contributing to - a cure for cancer. He's not at all "thrilled" to be doing vaccine research - which he concedes is not a "silver bullet" even in the best of circumstances, but he's doing it because "nothing else is getting funded" these days. HIS WORDS.

Yes - most people were, at one time in their youth, idealistic and ambitious. But then like most, they "grow up", have kids, get a BIG mortgage, and ...

GO ALONG TO GET ALONG.


"Nothing else is getting funded" these days? Obviously, you have no clue about what the NIH and other agencies are spending on research grants.

[link to grants.nih.gov]

As for your supposed commute companion, it would appear that he's either gotten himself stuck in the wrong field, the wrong institute, or just doesn't have the necessary experience to be a cancer researcher.

You take a rather simplistic view of the world and have blinders on when it comes to things you believe to be the truth. It's no wonder you have fallen into the clutches of Nancy's pseudo-cult.

As for being a "fence sitter" you've proven to all of us with your constant support of Nancy (zetatalk) and constant non-questioning of the same that you are firmly in the middle of Nancy's lawn so to speak. You never were a "fence sitter" but just jumped her fence with room to spare and have taken permanent residence in Nancy's camp.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 753766


I was QUOTING him - not making a blanket assertion that there was absolutely NO money for cancer research available. If that was true, my sister wouldn't be working.

>> or just doesn't have the necessary experience to be a cancer researcher

I'll give you credit on that one - he just got his Ph.D. last year. My sister got hers over five years ago, and got a cancer research position right away (five years ago was a DIFFERENT world economically - and cancer research money was relatively plentiful). Still - she is basically "locked in" to a paricular track of cancer research, with projects defined in GREAT detail before funding is granted, and for a period of like five years. Once granted, there is little leeway for experimentation - the researcher sticks to the script. Deviations require LOTS of justification and are rarely granted without a VERY, VERY good reason. Edison/Tesla style research is almost completely non-existant today - and even Edison and Tesla had boundaries set by the financiers - but NOTHING like today.

Last Edited by ***ZetaMaX*** on 09/11/2009 10:29 PM
The best advice we can give on this matter is to read with your heart as well as your mind. Follow the flow, let the nuances lie unanswered and unchallenged in your mind. Treat this as a garden you are walking through for the first time, and experience it fully without trying to categorize it! Much of what you will learn will be processed in your subconscious, and influence your conscious mind later. If you must dissect each phrase, and correlate it with each piece of information taken from another source, you will trash much of what you could otherwise gain. Live in the gray, not always insisting on black and white and strict compartmentalizations.

ZetaTalk: Oahspe Note: written Apr 15, 1997.
 [link to www.zetatalk.com] 

ZetaMax
The Lone Ranger (OP)

User ID: 760616
New Zealand
09/12/2009 01:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
You're wrong. I sit on the train ride home at least three days a week with a Ph.D. micro-biologist who is doing vaccine research on the flu on a government grant/contract. Like most of these dudes (including my younger sister who is also a Ph.D. micro-biologist), he chose his field because he loves research and discovery, and dreamed of finding - or at least contributing to - a cure for cancer. He's not at all "thrilled" to be doing vaccine research - which he concedes is not a "silver bullet" even in the best of circumstances, but he's doing it because "nothing else is getting funded" these days. HIS WORDS.
Yes - most people were, at one time in their youth, idealistic and ambitious. But then like most, they "grow up", have kids, get a BIG mortgage, and ...
GO ALONG TO GET ALONG.


Not the scientists I know. And that guy could easily find
better work elsewhere if he really wanted to. I don't think
I believe that you really know a person like that. Why don't
you befriend a geologist. That way you might learn why you
are so terribly wrong about the Earth.
 Quoting: DrPostman


Yes it would be a nice change if Max could actually learn some real truth and some real knowledge on a particular subject for once.
Life Is But A Dream!!
Therefore, "'Tis better to have dreamed and lost than never to have dreamed at all."
------------------------------------
Disclaimer:

DON'T​ BELIEVE A DAMN WORD YOU READ ON THIS THREAD!....USE DISCERNMENT!!
***ZetaMax***

User ID: 761889
United States
09/12/2009 07:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
You're wrong. I sit on the train ride home at least three days a week with a Ph.D. micro-biologist who is doing vaccine research on the flu on a government grant/contract. Like most of these dudes (including my younger sister who is also a Ph.D. micro-biologist), he chose his field because he loves research and discovery, and dreamed of finding - or at least contributing to - a cure for cancer. He's not at all "thrilled" to be doing vaccine research - which he concedes is not a "silver bullet" even in the best of circumstances, but he's doing it because "nothing else is getting funded" these days. HIS WORDS.
Yes - most people were, at one time in their youth, idealistic and ambitious. But then like most, they "grow up", have kids, get a BIG mortgage, and ...
GO ALONG TO GET ALONG.


Not the scientists I know. And that guy could easily find
better work elsewhere if he really wanted to. I don't think
I believe that you really know a person like that. Why don't
you befriend a geologist. That way you might learn why you
are so terribly wrong about the Earth.
 Quoting: DrPostman


>> Not the scientists I know.

Tesla died alone, a recluse, marginalized and largely written out of history. Most people on the street have never heard of him. Edison had nothing but contempt for his financiers who chose AC over his DC system. Edison was self-absorbed. Einstein regretted what the establishment did with his discoveries and felt personally indebted to humanity as a result. He died encouraging Hapgood with his work on crustal shifts.

>> that guy could easily find better work elsewhere if he really wanted to.

Where? In a classified project???

That's about the only place anything REALLY interesting continues to be pursued. The irony is that funds are unlimited, and there might actually be more experimental "freedom" more in the vein of what Tesla and Edison enjoyed, but the downside is that whatever is discovered and invented REMAINS classified - and any decision to de-classify it is completely OUTSIDE the domain of the inventor\s. If Tesla were alive today (and there are indeed living Tesla's out there), he'd be an unknown knave in a black project - and probably wouldn't have a lot of "choice" in the matter.

It's interesting that the ONLY living physicist that the average person can even name, is a guy who can't even scratch himself. Ironic.
The best advice we can give on this matter is to read with your heart as well as your mind. Follow the flow, let the nuances lie unanswered and unchallenged in your mind. Treat this as a garden you are walking through for the first time, and experience it fully without trying to categorize it! Much of what you will learn will be processed in your subconscious, and influence your conscious mind later. If you must dissect each phrase, and correlate it with each piece of information taken from another source, you will trash much of what you could otherwise gain. Live in the gray, not always insisting on black and white and strict compartmentalizations.

ZetaTalk: Oahspe Note: written Apr 15, 1997.
 [link to www.zetatalk.com] 

ZetaMax
***ZetaMax***

User ID: 761889
United States
09/12/2009 07:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
You're wrong. I sit on the train ride home at least three days a week with a Ph.D. micro-biologist who is doing vaccine research on the flu on a government grant/contract. Like most of these dudes (including my younger sister who is also a Ph.D. micro-biologist), he chose his field because he loves research and discovery, and dreamed of finding - or at least contributing to - a cure for cancer. He's not at all "thrilled" to be doing vaccine research - which he concedes is not a "silver bullet" even in the best of circumstances, but he's doing it because "nothing else is getting funded" these days. HIS WORDS.
Yes - most people were, at one time in their youth, idealistic and ambitious. But then like most, they "grow up", have kids, get a BIG mortgage, and ...
GO ALONG TO GET ALONG.


Not the scientists I know. And that guy could easily find
better work elsewhere if he really wanted to. I don't think
I believe that you really know a person like that. Why don't
you befriend a geologist. That way you might learn why you
are so terribly wrong about the Earth.


Yes it would be a nice change if Max could actually learn some real truth and some real knowledge on a particular subject for once.
 Quoting: The Lone Ranger

Thank you for not calling me that "other" name.
The best advice we can give on this matter is to read with your heart as well as your mind. Follow the flow, let the nuances lie unanswered and unchallenged in your mind. Treat this as a garden you are walking through for the first time, and experience it fully without trying to categorize it! Much of what you will learn will be processed in your subconscious, and influence your conscious mind later. If you must dissect each phrase, and correlate it with each piece of information taken from another source, you will trash much of what you could otherwise gain. Live in the gray, not always insisting on black and white and strict compartmentalizations.

ZetaTalk: Oahspe Note: written Apr 15, 1997.
 [link to www.zetatalk.com] 

ZetaMax
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 769065
United Kingdom
09/12/2009 08:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
That 'scientist' you sit with sounds as jaded and paranoid as you do. Odd that. Sounds almost like you're making it up.

Your 'homespun' philosophy is infantile and simplistic and shows you have little understanding of the real world.

Uh yea ... "AC" - care to elaborate?????? (thought not!)
 Quoting: ***ZetaMax***


Yeah, I'll elaborate. You accept the puerile bullshit spewed by Nancy LIEDer as 'credible'. You see everything in simplistic terms, you think every scientist in the world is as broken and defeatist as your (imaginary?) friend on the train.

To be able to be 'on the fence' when it comes to ZetaTalk shows that you are completely unable to grasp the most basic science. Therefore you MUST be dumb (or a Nancy sock-puppet).

Please explain how a Neptune-sized planet sits next to the sun for 6 years without becoming very well-known? How does Planet X ignore gravity? Nothing else ever observed in the universe does.

All these examples (and many others) prove you to be a vacuous apologist and mouthpiece for Nancy's pathetic cult of stupidity.
Circuit Breaker

User ID: 766491
United States
09/12/2009 08:37 AM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Uh yea ... "AC" - care to elaborate?????? (thought not!)
 Quoting: ***ZetaMax***

We're still waiting for you to elaborate on that palm frond you claim was found in Alaska. Two or three pages back you asked what evidence "debunkers" wanted. We all pretty much said anything that was verifiable. So, where is it?
A voice of reason in a world of woo-woos.
***ZetaMax***

User ID: 761889
United States
09/12/2009 08:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
That 'scientist' you sit with sounds as jaded and paranoid as you do. Odd that. Sounds almost like you're making it up.

Your 'homespun' philosophy is infantile and simplistic and shows you have little understanding of the real world.

Uh yea ... "AC" - care to elaborate?????? (thought not!)


Yeah, I'll elaborate. You accept the puerile bullshit spewed by Nancy LIEDer as 'credible'. You see everything in simplistic terms, you think every scientist in the world is as broken and defeatist as your (imaginary?) friend on the train.

To be able to be 'on the fence' when it comes to ZetaTalk shows that you are completely unable to grasp the most basic science. Therefore you MUST be dumb (or a Nancy sock-puppet).

Please explain how a Neptune-sized planet sits next to the sun for 6 years without becoming very well-known? How does Planet X ignore gravity? Nothing else ever observed in the universe does.

All these examples (and many others) prove you to be a vacuous apologist and mouthpiece for Nancy's pathetic cult of stupidity.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 769065


>> Please explain how a Neptune-sized planet sits next to the sun for 6 years without becoming very well-known?

The same way the inventor of AC electicity that everyone uses everyday remains completely unknown by the vast majority. It's called a "cover-up". Now I'm not saying that PX actually is next to the sun - I've offered many times over that I think it may be another "white lie". The operative word is **MAY**. In other words, I remain UNDECIDED - **WHY** should I **HAVE** to draw any conclusion at this time?? Everybody wants everything to be "finished", to be "over", to be "final", to be "done".

****WHY****????????

Zetatalk is 90% **NOT** Planet X - but rather political and spiritual analysis. Did you ever consider that Planet X is nothing more than a discussion CATALYST???, and that the IMPORTANT contribution that Zetatalk makes is the STO-STS material?? Which most people would not bother to read without thier self-preservation instincts being stroked with a good "DOOM" antagonist???

Human beings by and large are fickel, short-sighted, sensation-craving inconsistent herd followers often needing the equivalent of a 2X4 up the side of their head to get their attention.

Planet X may be "only" such a 2X4.

But I don't know - which is why I just keep "watching".

Last Edited by ***ZetaMaX*** on 09/12/2009 08:54 AM
The best advice we can give on this matter is to read with your heart as well as your mind. Follow the flow, let the nuances lie unanswered and unchallenged in your mind. Treat this as a garden you are walking through for the first time, and experience it fully without trying to categorize it! Much of what you will learn will be processed in your subconscious, and influence your conscious mind later. If you must dissect each phrase, and correlate it with each piece of information taken from another source, you will trash much of what you could otherwise gain. Live in the gray, not always insisting on black and white and strict compartmentalizations.

ZetaTalk: Oahspe Note: written Apr 15, 1997.
 [link to www.zetatalk.com] 

ZetaMax
***ZetaMax***

User ID: 761889
United States
09/12/2009 08:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Uh yea ... "AC" - care to elaborate?????? (thought not!)

We're still waiting for you to elaborate on that palm frond you claim was found in Alaska. Two or three pages back you asked what evidence "debunkers" wanted. We all pretty much said anything that was verifiable. So, where is it?
 Quoting: Circuit Breaker

Under construction.

Last Edited by ***ZetaMaX*** on 09/12/2009 08:53 AM
The best advice we can give on this matter is to read with your heart as well as your mind. Follow the flow, let the nuances lie unanswered and unchallenged in your mind. Treat this as a garden you are walking through for the first time, and experience it fully without trying to categorize it! Much of what you will learn will be processed in your subconscious, and influence your conscious mind later. If you must dissect each phrase, and correlate it with each piece of information taken from another source, you will trash much of what you could otherwise gain. Live in the gray, not always insisting on black and white and strict compartmentalizations.

ZetaTalk: Oahspe Note: written Apr 15, 1997.
 [link to www.zetatalk.com] 

ZetaMax
Circuit Breaker

User ID: 766491
United States
09/12/2009 09:00 AM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
>> Please explain how a Neptune-sized planet sits next to the sun for 6 years without becoming very well-known?

The same way the inventor of AC electicity that everyone uses everyday remains completely unknown by the vast majority.
 Quoting: ***ZetaMax***

There's no cover up of who invented AC electricity. Anyone with any kind of interest can simply look it up. Beyond that, your explanation is circular logic. If this so called "rogue planet" were really sitting by the sun for six years, there would be solid physical evidence of it. Nancy claims she is being protected from the big, bad, evil government. So, why doesn't she have a good quality photo of "Planet X?" If you want to claim that it's because anyone with a quality photo is being pressured not to speak, why hasn't Nancy's very own imaging team gotten a photo for her? Why hasn't Nancy taken it upon herself to get a quality photo?

It's called a "cover-up".
 Quoting: ***ZetaMax***

Just more excuses.

Now I'm not saying that PX actually is next to the sun - I've offered many times over that I think it may be another "white lie".
 Quoting: ***ZetaMax***

Which is nothing but a lie...no matter how you want to word it.

The operative word is **MAY**. In other words, I remain UNDECIDED - **WHY** should I **HAVE** to draw any conclusion at this time?? Everybody wants everthing to be "finished", to be "over", to be "final", to be "done".

****WHY****????????
 Quoting: ***ZetaMax***

Why do you go to such extreme measures to support ZetaTalk? Why do you so easily dismiss all evidence showing how and why Nancy is wrong? Why do you call people paid agents simply because they can prove Nancy wrong?

****WHY****??????

Zetatalk is 90% **NOT** Planet X - but rather political and spiritual analysis.
 Quoting: ***ZetaMax***

I'm sure Nancy would disagree with you on that.
A voice of reason in a world of woo-woos.
Circuit Breaker

User ID: 766491
United States
09/12/2009 09:02 AM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Under construction.
 Quoting: ***ZetaMax***

Yeah, we've heard that before...with nothing ever being presented. This is nothing but a stall tactic. You're hoping by continually changing the subject that we'll forget about this.
A voice of reason in a world of woo-woos.
***ZetaMax***

User ID: 761889
United States
09/12/2009 09:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
>> Please explain how a Neptune-sized planet sits next to the sun for 6 years without becoming very well-known?

The same way the inventor of AC electicity that everyone uses everyday remains completely unknown by the vast majority.

There's no cover up of who invented AC electricity. Anyone with any kind of interest can simply look it up.
 Quoting: Circuit Breaker


And there's the RUB! No one has any "interest" because that "interest" is never created or stimulated. Tesla does not appear in American textbooks outside of hardcore electrical engineering curriculums. His name was never mentioned in the 21 years worth of schooling I recieved.

Yet we all know about Edison, Henry Ford and Einstein. Why is that???

Beyond that, your explanation is circular logic. If this so called "rogue planet" were really sitting by the sun for six years, there would be solid physical evidence of it.
 Quoting: Circuit Breaker


Perhaps. I might even say "probably". But I'm not "hung up" on that. It's not as important as the STO-STS information - which is the best most insightful presentation of the concept I've encountered ANYWHERE.

You SORT the wheat from the chaff. You don't burn the crop because of a few weeds.

Last Edited by ***ZetaMaX*** on 09/12/2009 09:18 AM
The best advice we can give on this matter is to read with your heart as well as your mind. Follow the flow, let the nuances lie unanswered and unchallenged in your mind. Treat this as a garden you are walking through for the first time, and experience it fully without trying to categorize it! Much of what you will learn will be processed in your subconscious, and influence your conscious mind later. If you must dissect each phrase, and correlate it with each piece of information taken from another source, you will trash much of what you could otherwise gain. Live in the gray, not always insisting on black and white and strict compartmentalizations.

ZetaTalk: Oahspe Note: written Apr 15, 1997.
 [link to www.zetatalk.com] 

ZetaMax
***ZetaMax***

User ID: 761889
United States
09/12/2009 10:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Under construction.

Yeah, we've heard that before...with nothing ever being presented. This is nothing but a stall tactic. You're hoping by continually changing the subject that we'll forget about this.
 Quoting: Circuit Breaker

_absurd
The best advice we can give on this matter is to read with your heart as well as your mind. Follow the flow, let the nuances lie unanswered and unchallenged in your mind. Treat this as a garden you are walking through for the first time, and experience it fully without trying to categorize it! Much of what you will learn will be processed in your subconscious, and influence your conscious mind later. If you must dissect each phrase, and correlate it with each piece of information taken from another source, you will trash much of what you could otherwise gain. Live in the gray, not always insisting on black and white and strict compartmentalizations.

ZetaTalk: Oahspe Note: written Apr 15, 1997.
 [link to www.zetatalk.com] 

ZetaMax
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 769065
United Kingdom
09/12/2009 12:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
>> Please explain how a Neptune-sized planet sits next to the sun for 6 years without becoming very well-known?

The same way the inventor of AC electicity that everyone uses everyday remains completely unknown by the vast majority.

 Quoting: ***ZetaMax***


That is not an explanation, it's an obfuscation. If there is no rational explanation for Nancy's 'physics' then her Planet X is impossible, which would explain why nobody can see it.

Zetatalk is 90% **NOT** Planet X - but rather political and spiritual analysis. Did you ever consider that Planet X is nothing more than a discussion CATALYST???, and that the IMPORTANT contribution that Zetatalk makes is the STO-STS material?? Which most people would not bother to read without thier self-preservation instincts being stroked with a good "DOOM" antagonist???

 Quoting: ***ZetaMax***


You are a relative newcomer. ZetaTalk is 90% ABOUT Planet X. If Planet X is made-up, and the Zetas are made-up then the whole of ZetaTalk is nothing but a front for Nancy to peddle her skewed political opinions, and she is DECEIVING people about what she purports to be an important issue, suggesting people change their lives (at least she used to) in order to prepare. If this is all bullshit and deception (which I think it is) then it SHOULD be countered.


Human beings by and large are fickel, short-sighted, sensation-craving inconsistent herd followers often needing the equivalent of a 2X4 up the side of their head to get their attention.

Planet X may be "only" such a 2X4.

But I don't know - which is why I just keep "watching".
 Quoting: ***ZetaMax***


Nancy is definitely a sensation-seeking egotistic narcissist. You are the classic 'herd follower'.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 769065
United Kingdom
09/12/2009 12:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Perhaps. I might even say "probably". But I'm not "hung up" on that. It's not as important as the STO-STS information - which is the best most insightful presentation of the concept I've encountered ANYWHERE.
 Quoting: ***ZetaMax***



It's just typical new-age woo-woo bullshit. You might as well just say , there are nice people and horrible people!

Another example of your simplistic, childish view of life.

It's odd how you share such a peculiarly infantile view with Nancy.....
***ZetaMax***

User ID: 761889
United States
09/12/2009 02:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Einstein regretted what the establishment did with his discoveries and felt personally indebted to humanity as a result. He died encouraging Hapgood with his work on crustal shifts.


Lets take that last little bit of bullshit from you:
Charles H. Hapgood was not a geologist; he was a professor of
the history of science at Keene College in New Hampshire.

While Einstein supported some of Hapgood’s ideas, there is no
doubt that had Einstein lived to see the development of the
plate tectonics theory in the 1960’s, he would have supported
the overwhelming evidence it presented.
 Quoting: DrPostman


Really now - and everyone should just take YOUR word for it? Heck, no one has even "attempted" to refute "any" of Wesson's 72 objections. And the fact that Wesson himself appears to have distanced himself from the topic is just as much evidence of his "GOING ALONG TO GET ALONG" as it is "abandonment of obsolete data" - especially since no one has attempted a point-by-point refutation.

The correspondence
between the two men can be read here where it is clear that
he wasn't as supportive as you would like people to believe:
[link to 209.85.229.132]

 Quoting: DrPostman


You SHILL - the use of the word "encourage" does not IN ANY WAY connote "blanket endorsement".

BTW, if you really think Tesla is so obscure then explain why
a currently popular SyFy TV show called Warehouse 13 mentions
Tesla in almost every episode so far.
 Quoting: DrPostman


There has been a general and gradual "awakening" to the fact that the history and science that today's adults were taught growing up, may not "entirely" represent the way things REALLY are - and WERE. There is more awareness of Tesla today than in the 60's, 70's and 80's - and popular culture reflects that growing awareness and renewed appreciation.

LOL - you come up with SyFy - so that Tesla becomes almost a "mythic" figure visible only in the realms of "science fiction" - along with his achievements.

Last Edited by ***ZetaMaX*** on 09/12/2009 03:10 PM
The best advice we can give on this matter is to read with your heart as well as your mind. Follow the flow, let the nuances lie unanswered and unchallenged in your mind. Treat this as a garden you are walking through for the first time, and experience it fully without trying to categorize it! Much of what you will learn will be processed in your subconscious, and influence your conscious mind later. If you must dissect each phrase, and correlate it with each piece of information taken from another source, you will trash much of what you could otherwise gain. Live in the gray, not always insisting on black and white and strict compartmentalizations.

ZetaTalk: Oahspe Note: written Apr 15, 1997.
 [link to www.zetatalk.com] 

ZetaMax
***ZetaMax***

User ID: 761889
United States
09/12/2009 03:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
And there's the RUB! No one has any "interest" because that "interest" is never created or stimulated. Tesla does not appear in American textbooks outside of hardcore electrical engineering curriculums. His name was never mentioned in the 21 years worth of schooling I recieved.


I don't know what schools YOU went to but in high school he
came up several times, especially his relationship with
Westinghouse and the feud between Tesla and Edison. Hell,
there are even schools named after him like the Tesla Middle
and High School in Colorado Springs CO!
 Quoting: DrPostman

There'a always a few "renegade" teachers that compile thier own unique curriculum rather than slavishly use whatever the Department of Education provides and recommends. If what you say is "true" (and I have my DOUBTS), then you might have encountered one of them. They are definitely the EXCEPTION however.

Hell,
there are even schools named after him like the Tesla Middle
and High School in Colorado Springs CO!
 Quoting: DrPostman


And I can assure you that 90% of the students passing through there NEVER learn who the guy actually was. I went to schools called "Hoover", "Holmes" and "Stevenson" - and I can't recall even once, a single teacher explaining to the class, who any of these guys were, and why the school was named after them.

Last Edited by ***ZetaMaX*** on 09/12/2009 03:15 PM
The best advice we can give on this matter is to read with your heart as well as your mind. Follow the flow, let the nuances lie unanswered and unchallenged in your mind. Treat this as a garden you are walking through for the first time, and experience it fully without trying to categorize it! Much of what you will learn will be processed in your subconscious, and influence your conscious mind later. If you must dissect each phrase, and correlate it with each piece of information taken from another source, you will trash much of what you could otherwise gain. Live in the gray, not always insisting on black and white and strict compartmentalizations.

ZetaTalk: Oahspe Note: written Apr 15, 1997.
 [link to www.zetatalk.com] 

ZetaMax
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 548017
United States
09/12/2009 03:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Zetatalk is 90% **NOT** Planet X - but rather political and spiritual analysis. Did you ever consider that Planet X is nothing more than a discussion CATALYST???, and that the IMPORTANT contribution that Zetatalk makes is the STO-STS material?? Which most people would not bother to read without thier self-preservation instincts being stroked with a good "DOOM" antagonist???

 Quoting: ***ZetaMax***


Oh, for crying out loud!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 769065
United Kingdom
09/12/2009 05:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Zetatalk is 90% **NOT** Planet X - but rather political and spiritual analysis. Did you ever consider that Planet X is nothing more than a discussion CATALYST???, and that the IMPORTANT contribution that Zetatalk makes is the STO-STS material?? Which most people would not bother to read without thier self-preservation instincts being stroked with a good "DOOM" antagonist???



Oh, for crying out loud!
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 548017


It seems 'Max' (in 'no matter now much I seem to write like her I am NOT Nancy!' mode) thinks that a web site full of predictions and assertions about imaginary aliens and imaginary imminent disasters is a reasonable idea if it brings in a few suckers to read the 'illuminating' wisdom of Nancy Lieder's thoughts on politics and human nature!


:5:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 769065
United Kingdom
09/12/2009 05:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
And I can assure you that 90% of the students passing through there NEVER learn who the guy actually was. I went to schools called "Hoover", "Holmes" and "Stevenson" - and I can't recall even once, a single teacher explaining to the class, who any of these guys were, and why the school was named after them.
 Quoting: ***ZetaMax***


That reveals a lot about the quality of YOUR education.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 753766
United States
09/12/2009 05:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
And I can assure you that 90% of the students passing through there NEVER learn who the guy actually was. I went to schools called "Hoover", "Holmes" and "Stevenson" - and I can't recall even once, a single teacher explaining to the class, who any of these guys were, and why the school was named after them.


That reveals a lot about the quality of YOUR education.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 769065


Sounds like he lived in a school district with rather low standards.

If he can't remember being told who Herbert Hoover, Robert Lewis Stevenson, and Oliver Wendell Holmes while he was going to those schools, he must have been doing the same thing when science was being taught - sleeping through class.

Based on zetamin's postings and utter lack of logical thinking, I still believe that he was a rather pathetic lawyer.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 769463
United Kingdom
09/12/2009 07:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
And I can assure you that 90% of the students passing through there NEVER learn who the guy actually was. I went to schools called "Hoover", "Holmes" and "Stevenson" - and I can't recall even once, a single teacher explaining to the class, who any of these guys were, and why the school was named after them.


That reveals a lot about the quality of YOUR education.


Sounds like he lived in a school district with rather low standards.

If he can't remember being told who Herbert Hoover, Robert Lewis Stevenson, and Oliver Wendell Holmes while he was going to those schools, he must have been doing the same thing when science was being taught - sleeping through class.

Based on zetamin's postings and utter lack of logical thinking, I still believe that he was a rather pathetic lawyer.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 753766


I don't believe he ever was one. He shows no capacity for logical thought whatsoever. I would never let such an idiot represent me in court. He has no idea of the meaning of the word 'proof'.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 753766
United States
09/12/2009 09:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
And I can assure you that 90% of the students passing through there NEVER learn who the guy actually was. I went to schools called "Hoover", "Holmes" and "Stevenson" - and I can't recall even once, a single teacher explaining to the class, who any of these guys were, and why the school was named after them.


That reveals a lot about the quality of YOUR education.


Sounds like he lived in a school district with rather low standards.

If he can't remember being told who Herbert Hoover, Robert Lewis Stevenson, and Oliver Wendell Holmes while he was going to those schools, he must have been doing the same thing when science was being taught - sleeping through class.

Based on zetamin's postings and utter lack of logical thinking, I still believe that he was a rather pathetic lawyer.


I don't believe he ever was one. He shows no capacity for logical thought whatsoever. I would never let such an idiot represent me in court. He has no idea of the meaning of the word 'proof'.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 769463


Hearsay appears to be his main proof.

He has made numerous claims without a shred of proof. He expects everyone, like a certain old lady in Wisconsin, to believe everything he says.

Personally, I think he's a complete idiot on par with freestore and a few others.
***ZetaMax***

User ID: 761889
United States
09/12/2009 10:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
If the earth is wobbling why don't I lose my satellite TV signal since the satellite orbits the center of mass of the earth and would not follow a wobble?

SOZT
The atmosphere drags with the Earth in the main, though not completely. Satellite signals do not require an exact connection but a range, in any case. Breaks in the connection are an increasing problem, which those providing satellite service will confirm, however.
EOZT
 Quoting: Nancy Lieder


I'm sure Hap can confirm this.
The best advice we can give on this matter is to read with your heart as well as your mind. Follow the flow, let the nuances lie unanswered and unchallenged in your mind. Treat this as a garden you are walking through for the first time, and experience it fully without trying to categorize it! Much of what you will learn will be processed in your subconscious, and influence your conscious mind later. If you must dissect each phrase, and correlate it with each piece of information taken from another source, you will trash much of what you could otherwise gain. Live in the gray, not always insisting on black and white and strict compartmentalizations.

ZetaTalk: Oahspe Note: written Apr 15, 1997.
 [link to www.zetatalk.com] 

ZetaMax
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 769562
United Kingdom
09/12/2009 10:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
If the earth is wobbling why don't I lose my satellite TV signal since the satellite orbits the center of mass of the earth and would not follow a wobble?

SOZT
The atmosphere drags with the Earth in the main, though not completely. Satellite signals do not require an exact connection but a range, in any case. Breaks in the connection are an increasing problem, which those providing satellite service will confirm, however.
EOZT


I'm sure Hap can confirm this.
 Quoting: ***ZetaMax***


Hi Nancy. Your ZetaTalk chat thread seems to have sunk rather rapidly this week. Your popularity seems to be hitting an all-time low.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 735056
United States
09/12/2009 10:13 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Hey Nancy, kill any more puppies lately?

[link to www.youtube.com]

How did the 03 poles shift work out? Do you feel any remorse for those poor fools that followed your advice?

You are a pathetic narcissistic wannabe God. You disgust me
User # 78/68

User ID: 681262
Canada
09/12/2009 10:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Under construction.

Yeah, we've heard that before...with nothing ever being presented. This is nothing but a stall tactic. You're hoping by continually changing the subject that we'll forget about this.
 Quoting: Circuit Breaker





Jesus Christ Circuit Breaker, do you ever stop lying, besmirching, and misleading???

He said he's working on it, he doesn't do the bullshit things you elude he does. People like YOU are a waste of time to converse with, and you prove it every single day right here.

You have something very wrong with you! Max presented in this very thread and only one page back. Why do you have to lie so damn readily? Get a grip.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 769562
United Kingdom
09/12/2009 10:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Hey Nancy, kill any more puppies lately?

[link to www.youtube.com]

How did the 03 poles shift work out? Do you feel any remorse for those poor fools that followed your advice?

You are a pathetic narcissistic wannabe God. You disgust me
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 735056


That clip is genuinely chilling. It should not be forgotten.
She doesn't care. She STILL doesn't care.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 769562
United Kingdom
09/12/2009 10:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
People like YOU are a waste of time to converse with, and you prove it every single day right here.
 Quoting: User # 78/68


No, that's YOU, without any doubt.
Circuit Breaker

User ID: 766491
United States
09/13/2009 12:57 AM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
And there's the RUB! No one has any "interest" because that "interest" is never created or stimulated.
 Quoting: ***ZetaMax***

Red herring argument. It just may be that people simply aren't that interested...even when it IS stimulated. As a licensed amateur radio operator, I try to interest other people in it...such as my wife for instance. But she simply has no interest.
A voice of reason in a world of woo-woos.
Circuit Breaker

User ID: 766491
United States
09/13/2009 12:58 AM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
_absurd
 Quoting: ***ZetaMax***


Yes, your claims about what was found in Alaska is quite absurd. I predict you won't provide any evidence to support your earlier assertion. After all, you failed to do so the last time you brought it up so why should now be any different?
A voice of reason in a world of woo-woos.

News








Proud Member Of The Angry Mob