Godlike Productions - Conspiracy Forum
Users Online Now: 2,743 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,390,260
Pageviews Today: 1,852,959Threads Today: 325Posts Today: 7,096
01:50 PM


Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing
 

Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!

 
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 763624
Australia
12/04/2009 01:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
see transferance is where the person making the claim is doing(or wanting to do) exactly what they claim the `other' person is doing


User does that almost exclusively, but I had thought it was
called "projecting". Could it be both?
 Quoting: DrPostman

i am thinking its both/either??

could be a case of i say tomato, you say toomateOOO..

(tomato as well)

i think we agree that whatever you or I may call it - its well known by both us backwards aussies and you yanks


;-)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 763624
Australia
12/04/2009 02:06 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
see transferance is where the person making the claim is doing(or wanting to do) exactly what they claim the `other' person is doing


User does that almost exclusively, but I had thought it was
called "projecting". Could it be both?
 Quoting: DrPostman



as regards to user 78/69 usage

if he was over here- he wouldn't be posting- pure and simple

if he slipped past our government net (likely)- he would soon be put up as a `what the feerk- this guy is furkin nuts' and flagged within days

then he would be likely not `held' but investigated very closely


thats fine by me- suicidal end of the world freaks are not high on my list of `want them about me' types anyway

some countries are happy with homicadal/sucidal gun nuts running around loose babbling about the nasty zeta's etc etc

me i feel a whole lot happier if the ones that are babbling about the moving planets around brigade is safely behind bars thank you....

so I will just stay out of the states of dementia

and stay in our nice `socialist' australian states - thank you very much
***ZetaMax***

User ID: 659599
United States
12/04/2009 09:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
bald_lie

What will you do for money?

I don't know what you think I am lying about. Maybe you could enlighten me.

As for the money, millions of people in Mexico live with very little money. It is a way of life when you are poor and marginalized. These very people are richer than most in the western "developed" world because they live with a full understanding of what it is to be a human being on earth, they take joy in each other, in the beauty that surrounds them, they help each other and they leave the smallest imprint on their environment. They hunt, fish and grow their own food, something their ancestors have always done.

I have some money saved after a whole life of working, so don't worry about me. My needs are few, and where I am going, there aren't a lot of places to spend even if I wanted to.

It's ironic that with all your talk of survival in preparation for the pole shift, you probably still live in the suburbs, shop at the local supermarket, you probably don't know how to make a pair of shoes, clothing, kill and skin an animal for meat and skin, grow crops in poor soil with no irrigation, live in 30+ degree weather with no air conditioning, fans or mosquito screens, fell trees with nothing but manpower and a machete, start a fire without a bic lighter. The people I will be living with do all this and more, and it isn't just an end times dream for them, it's how they have always survived, it is their way of life. If a catastrophic event ever happened, they would be much more prepared to deal with it than you, because they deal with little catastrophes all the time, with limited resources. They act when they have to without thinking about it or yakking about it.

So back to my supposed lie, what exactly have I lied about?
 Quoting: KeepingItReal

>> So back to my supposed lie, what exactly have I lied about?

I clicked on the wrong graphic. I meant to post this one:

bdingle

Anyhow, I actually have to agree with most of what you've said. And yes, from a "familiarity" standpoint, I am MUCH less "rustic" than the people you describe - and yes, that will be a HUGE survival advantage for them, no argument.

I do not live in the suburbs - but a small rural town of less than 10,000 whose population is over half Mexican - and probably 90% or more of those illegal. I'm surrounded by some of the richest farm land in the world. The biggest problem I have of course, is that I'm "only" 80 miles from the center of Chicago, and there's a nuclear plant 50 miles to the west-southwest of me. If that thing goes "Chernobyl", it's a dice toss about how much of the bad stuff makes it to my backyard. Depending on the winds and weather conditions at the time, I could miss all of it, or be a dead man. Kiev missed most the Chernobyl fallout though it too is about the same distance from the plant - and missed it because it was not in the path of the winds prevailing at the time.

No one is guaranteed to survive - too many variables. There will be those who prepared who do not make it, and those who today live clueless who will live decades beyond the event.

Only God knows - and he ain't saying.
The best advice we can give on this matter is to read with your heart as well as your mind. Follow the flow, let the nuances lie unanswered and unchallenged in your mind. Treat this as a garden you are walking through for the first time, and experience it fully without trying to categorize it! Much of what you will learn will be processed in your subconscious, and influence your conscious mind later. If you must dissect each phrase, and correlate it with each piece of information taken from another source, you will trash much of what you could otherwise gain. Live in the gray, not always insisting on black and white and strict compartmentalizations.

ZetaTalk: Oahspe Note: written Apr 15, 1997.
 [link to www.zetatalk.com] 

ZetaMax
The Lone Ranger (OP)

User ID: 833618
New Zealand
12/04/2009 02:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Where is ZetaMax?

He has a great sense of humor and I miss his cartoons...)


He's posting as "Volar" and pretending to be someone else.

_absurd

I've been busy - researching new and stunning data. I expect to have "limited" availability for a little while longer.
 Quoting: ***ZetaMax***


lol4me Well that could be just about the most honest thing that you have ever said on our wonderful and successful debunker thread.

You do indeed have a very "limited" availability in regards to honesty and integrity. And yes that status will remain a little while longer until we reach the year 2012 and you will have no option but to humble yourself, Melfy, and declare that Ms LIEDer and her zetatalk is a COMPLETE FAILURE and that the........ 100percent
Life Is But A Dream!!
Therefore, "'Tis better to have dreamed and lost than never to have dreamed at all."
------------------------------------
Disclaimer:

DON'T​ BELIEVE A DAMN WORD YOU READ ON THIS THREAD!....USE DISCERNMENT!!
The Lone Ranger (OP)

User ID: 833618
New Zealand
12/04/2009 02:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
bald_lie
 Quoting: ***ZetaMax***


Yes you do tell these often!!

Last Edited by The Lone Ranger on 12/04/2009 02:24 PM
Life Is But A Dream!!
Therefore, "'Tis better to have dreamed and lost than never to have dreamed at all."
------------------------------------
Disclaimer:

DON'T​ BELIEVE A DAMN WORD YOU READ ON THIS THREAD!....USE DISCERNMENT!!
The Lone Ranger (OP)

User ID: 833618
New Zealand
12/04/2009 02:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
You are on a public forum, IDIOT! If you don't want opinions then it is YOU that should "fuck off"!
 Quoting: User # 78/68


Wow; the hypocritical IRONY is indeed strong with this One!!

This is the same dufos who for years, on the zetatalk chat threads kept telling others that they should "piss off" and stop stalking Ms LIEDer due to the fact that these posters had different "opinions"(code for knowledge and understanding) and were able to provide "evidence" that Ms LIEDer was full of billshit and a complete FRAUD!!

lol4me I mean just how stupid can Luserboy really be?.......well VERY!!
Life Is But A Dream!!
Therefore, "'Tis better to have dreamed and lost than never to have dreamed at all."
------------------------------------
Disclaimer:

DON'T​ BELIEVE A DAMN WORD YOU READ ON THIS THREAD!....USE DISCERNMENT!!
KeepingItReal

User ID: 823229
Canada
12/04/2009 05:29 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
So back to my supposed lie, what exactly have I lied about?

>> So back to my supposed lie, what exactly have I lied about?

I clicked on the wrong graphic. I meant to post this one:

bdingle

Anyhow, I actually have to agree with most of what you've said. And yes, from a "familiarity" standpoint, I am MUCH less "rustic" than the people you describe - and yes, that will be a HUGE survival advantage for them, no argument.

I do not live in the suburbs - but a small rural town of less than 10,000 whose population is over half Mexican - and probably 90% or more of those illegal. I'm surrounded by some of the richest farm land in the world. The biggest problem I have of course, is that I'm "only" 80 miles from the center of Chicago, and there's a nuclear plant 50 miles to the west-southwest of me. If that thing goes "Chernobyl", it's a dice toss about how much of the bad stuff makes it to my backyard. Depending on the winds and weather conditions at the time, I could miss all of it, or be a dead man. Kiev missed most the Chernobyl fallout though it too is about the same distance from the plant - and missed it because it was not in the path of the winds prevailing at the time.

No one is guaranteed to survive - too many variables. There will be those who prepared who do not make it, and those who today live clueless who will live decades beyond the event.

Only God knows - and he ain't saying.
 Quoting: ***ZetaMax***

Ah well that's comforting. I am not a liar, just a dingleberry.

You seem to have missed my point completely. You are the survival nut, yet you ask where my money will come from. I guess you don't see the irony in that. Me the debunker going to live a simple life with no money, a life where I will have none of the comforts of modern life, and my motivation is not to prepare for a disaster, but because the lifestyle makes me feel more alive and in tune with my environment. You, the bunker preparing for doom and supporting an implausible planet x and pole shift scenario that isn't going to happen, yet apparently the money is what stops you from moving away from the dangers you have pointed out.

Nobody is guaranteed to survive this day, or tomorrow. It's a reality we all live with, because some of us die unexpectedly and never live to see the next day.

I remember a friend of mine had a web forum and there was a discussion about survival gear, they were making a list of what you need in your survival kit. The list was ridiculously long and detailed, it included things like wind up TVs, laundry detergent. You would have needed a two story house to keep it all. Not my idea of survival.

The best survival kit is something you can carry on your back in a pack, something not too heavy. In a real disaster, you really don't need much. A sharp cutting instrument (I prefer a machete), flint, a metal cup you can use to drink, boil water in and cook in, clothing and some food. If you can't carry it on your back and walk for 4 hours, it isn't going to help you.

You also need to be detached enough to be able to walk away from all of your worldly possessions, the house, the car, the boat, etc with no notice. How many people could do that? As I get rid of the stuff I have accumulated over the years, I feel freer. The things I am taking with me fit into a large backpack. The rest has been given to friends and family or charities.

There is real wisdom in a line from an old Kris Kristofferson song, "Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose". When you have nothing, you have nothing to defend. It makes you see yourself and how you fit into the world around you with much more clarity. Too many people define who they are by the things they have, or even the things they don't have but wish they did.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
The Lone Ranger (OP)

User ID: 834016
New Zealand
12/05/2009 02:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
I found what true wealth is - it's the people you love and
who love you in return.
 Quoting: DrPostman


So very true!!!!!!
Life Is But A Dream!!
Therefore, "'Tis better to have dreamed and lost than never to have dreamed at all."
------------------------------------
Disclaimer:

DON'T​ BELIEVE A DAMN WORD YOU READ ON THIS THREAD!....USE DISCERNMENT!!
KeepingItReal

User ID: 823229
Canada
12/05/2009 07:55 AM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Isn't it funny how sometimes we need to shed the weight of our belongings to see the real things of value in our lives. I am sorry you lost your special things, Dr. P, some things cannot be replaced.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
***ZetaMax***

User ID: 834129
United States
12/05/2009 08:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
So back to my supposed lie, what exactly have I lied about?

>> So back to my supposed lie, what exactly have I lied about?

I clicked on the wrong graphic. I meant to post this one:

bdingle

Anyhow, I actually have to agree with most of what you've said. And yes, from a "familiarity" standpoint, I am MUCH less "rustic" than the people you describe - and yes, that will be a HUGE survival advantage for them, no argument.

I do not live in the suburbs - but a small rural town of less than 10,000 whose population is over half Mexican - and probably 90% or more of those illegal. I'm surrounded by some of the richest farm land in the world. The biggest problem I have of course, is that I'm "only" 80 miles from the center of Chicago, and there's a nuclear plant 50 miles to the west-southwest of me. If that thing goes "Chernobyl", it's a dice toss about how much of the bad stuff makes it to my backyard. Depending on the winds and weather conditions at the time, I could miss all of it, or be a dead man. Kiev missed most the Chernobyl fallout though it too is about the same distance from the plant - and missed it because it was not in the path of the winds prevailing at the time.

No one is guaranteed to survive - too many variables. There will be those who prepared who do not make it, and those who today live clueless who will live decades beyond the event.

Only God knows - and he ain't saying.

Ah well that's comforting. I am not a liar, just a dingleberry.

You seem to have missed my point completely. You are the survival nut, yet you ask where my money will come from. I guess you don't see the irony in that. Me the debunker going to live a simple life with no money, a life where I will have none of the comforts of modern life, and my motivation is not to prepare for a disaster, but because the lifestyle makes me feel more alive and in tune with my environment. You, the bunker preparing for doom and supporting an implausible planet x and pole shift scenario that isn't going to happen, yet apparently the money is what stops you from moving away from the dangers you have pointed out.

Nobody is guaranteed to survive this day, or tomorrow. It's a reality we all live with, because some of us die unexpectedly and never live to see the next day.

I remember a friend of mine had a web forum and there was a discussion about survival gear, they were making a list of what you need in your survival kit. The list was ridiculously long and detailed, it included things like wind up TVs, laundry detergent. You would have needed a two story house to keep it all. Not my idea of survival.

The best survival kit is something you can carry on your back in a pack, something not too heavy. In a real disaster, you really don't need much. A sharp cutting instrument (I prefer a machete), flint, a metal cup you can use to drink, boil water in and cook in, clothing and some food. If you can't carry it on your back and walk for 4 hours, it isn't going to help you.

You also need to be detached enough to be able to walk away from all of your worldly possessions, the house, the car, the boat, etc with no notice. How many people could do that? As I get rid of the stuff I have accumulated over the years, I feel freer. The things I am taking with me fit into a large backpack. The rest has been given to friends and family or charities.

There is real wisdom in a line from an old Kris Kristofferson song, "Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose". When you have nothing, you have nothing to defend. It makes you see yourself and how you fit into the world around you with much more clarity. Too many people define who they are by the things they have, or even the things they don't have but wish they did.
 Quoting: KeepingItReal


Everything you say is true and fine for SHORT TERM survival when confronting LOCALIZED disasters.

It would all be quite inadequate for a global event that wiped out all infrastructure. You denigate "suburbanites" for not being "simple and rustic" (in so many words), yet how are these folks supposed to be able to TRANSITION to a simpler more physical life WITHOUT SUPPLIES? Transition will take TIME, and that time has to be accounted for.

Last Edited by ***ZetaMaX*** on 12/05/2009 08:54 AM
The best advice we can give on this matter is to read with your heart as well as your mind. Follow the flow, let the nuances lie unanswered and unchallenged in your mind. Treat this as a garden you are walking through for the first time, and experience it fully without trying to categorize it! Much of what you will learn will be processed in your subconscious, and influence your conscious mind later. If you must dissect each phrase, and correlate it with each piece of information taken from another source, you will trash much of what you could otherwise gain. Live in the gray, not always insisting on black and white and strict compartmentalizations.

ZetaTalk: Oahspe Note: written Apr 15, 1997.
 [link to www.zetatalk.com] 

ZetaMax
***ZetaMax***

User ID: 834129
United States
12/05/2009 08:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Where is ZetaMax?

He has a great sense of humor and I miss his cartoons...)


He's posting as "Volar" and pretending to be someone else.

_absurd

I've been busy - researching new and stunning data. I expect to have "limited" availability for a little while longer.


lol4me Well that could be just about the most honest thing that you have ever said on our wonderful and successful debunker thread.

You do indeed have a very "limited" availability in regards to honesty and integrity. And yes that status will remain a little while longer until we reach the year 2012 and you will have no option but to humble yourself, Melfy, and declare that Ms LIEDer and her zetatalk is a COMPLETE FAILURE and that the........ 100percent
 Quoting: The Lone Ranger


idiot_day
The best advice we can give on this matter is to read with your heart as well as your mind. Follow the flow, let the nuances lie unanswered and unchallenged in your mind. Treat this as a garden you are walking through for the first time, and experience it fully without trying to categorize it! Much of what you will learn will be processed in your subconscious, and influence your conscious mind later. If you must dissect each phrase, and correlate it with each piece of information taken from another source, you will trash much of what you could otherwise gain. Live in the gray, not always insisting on black and white and strict compartmentalizations.

ZetaTalk: Oahspe Note: written Apr 15, 1997.
 [link to www.zetatalk.com] 

ZetaMax
Circuit Breaker

User ID: 766491
United States
12/05/2009 09:49 AM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Everything you say is true and fine for SHORT TERM survival when confronting LOCALIZED disasters.

It would all be quite inadequate for a global event that wiped out all infrastructure.
 Quoting: ***ZetaMax***


The only global event I see happening is a nuclear war...or maybe a large asteroid impact. But certainly no "pole shift" caused by a "rogue planet."
A voice of reason in a world of woo-woos.
KeepingItReal

User ID: 823229
Canada
12/05/2009 10:29 AM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Everything you say is true and fine for SHORT TERM survival when confronting LOCALIZED disasters.

It would all be quite inadequate for a global event that wiped out all infrastructure. You denigate "suburbanites" for not being "simple and rustic" (in so many words), yet how are these folks supposed to be able to TRANSITION to a simpler more physical life WITHOUT SUPPLIES? Transition will take TIME, and that time has to be accounted for.
 Quoting: ***ZetaMax***

No. I am not denigrating anyone. I don't believe there is a need to prepare for long term disaster. I believe people should be wherever they feel they want to be and live their lives how they please. For me, that happens to be somewhere outside mainstream western society. I don't expect you or anyone else to follow. You are the one that is the survival nut.

As for your comment about meager supplies being inadequate for longterm survival, I can only laugh. How do you think millions of people have survived thus far? Do you have any idea how many people live without most of what you consider necessary? You really do underestimate what you are capable of and overestimate the value of stuff and how much of it you really need. How do you think our ancestors survived the elements and the inclemencies of nature to birth us into existence? Security isn't in the stuff you have to face nature with. It is in how you survive in nature without the need for more than your own self and fewer tools than you think. Mankind wasn't born with these things, yet it has survived.

Last Edited by KeepingItReal on 12/05/2009 10:35 AM
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
***ZetaMax***

User ID: 834129
United States
12/05/2009 11:07 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Everything you say is true and fine for SHORT TERM survival when confronting LOCALIZED disasters.

It would all be quite inadequate for a global event that wiped out all infrastructure. You denigate "suburbanites" for not being "simple and rustic" (in so many words), yet how are these folks supposed to be able to TRANSITION to a simpler more physical life WITHOUT SUPPLIES? Transition will take TIME, and that time has to be accounted for.

No. I am not denigrating anyone. I don't believe there is a need to prepare for long term disaster. I believe people should be wherever they feel they want to be and live their lives how they please. For me, that happens to be somewhere outside mainstream western society. I don't expect you or anyone else to follow. You are the one that is the survival nut.

As for your comment about meager supplies being inadequate for longterm survival, I can only laugh. How do you think millions of people have survived thus far? Do you have any idea how many people live without most of what you consider necessary? You really do underestimate what you are capable of and overestimate the value of stuff and how much of it you really need. How do you think our ancestors survived the elements and the inclemencies of nature to birth us into existence? Security isn't in the stuff you have to face nature with. It is in how you survive in nature without the need for more than your own self and fewer tools than you think. Mankind wasn't born with these things, yet it has survived.
 Quoting: KeepingItReal


>> Mankind wasn't born

Funny that word "born". A child is BORN to two parents and four grandparents. The child is BORN into a CULTURE, a COMMUNITY, with TRADITIONS and COLLECTIVE KNOWLEDGE of how to SURVIVE in the local environment.

EXCEPT if you were a child BORN to parents in western society in the 20th century. Now we are talking about people without knowledge of how to survive in the local environment because less than 2% of the population works in agriculture. No child in the HISTORY OF THE WORLD is more dependant on distant sources of sustenance, and less SELF SUFFICIENT than the modern 21st Century Western "bred" and raised technocized video child.

Perhaps it really is true the "meek" inherit the earth, for they indeed are the only ones left with the SKILLS to provide for themselves - however meager and simple.

Yet - does a "child" otherwise dependant, perhaps even enslaved, to 21st century "just in time" society not also have a "right" to survival? But having a "right" alone is not enough - one must also either have the SKILLS, or access to them, if one is to have ANY chance at all.

BUT YOU WOULD SAY NOT TO BOTHER - because man has survived before ...

PHOOEY!!
The best advice we can give on this matter is to read with your heart as well as your mind. Follow the flow, let the nuances lie unanswered and unchallenged in your mind. Treat this as a garden you are walking through for the first time, and experience it fully without trying to categorize it! Much of what you will learn will be processed in your subconscious, and influence your conscious mind later. If you must dissect each phrase, and correlate it with each piece of information taken from another source, you will trash much of what you could otherwise gain. Live in the gray, not always insisting on black and white and strict compartmentalizations.

ZetaTalk: Oahspe Note: written Apr 15, 1997.
 [link to www.zetatalk.com] 

ZetaMax
Menow
User ID: 405501
United States
12/05/2009 11:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Ah well that's comforting. I am not a liar, just a dingleberry.

You seem to have missed my point completely. You are the survival nut, yet you ask where my money will come from.
 Quoting: KeepingItReal



Maxie was implying that you are being paid to post here. His usual baiting crap.
Jodido

User ID: 15771
United States
12/05/2009 11:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Well the Zetas say they will cure farting.

Can't wait.

All those long elevator rides...
User # 78/68

User ID: 681262
Canada
12/05/2009 01:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
You also need to be detached enough to be able to walk away from all of your worldly possessions, the house, the car, the boat, etc with no notice. How many people could do that?


I was forced to in 2002. A furniture store next door caught
fire and it spread to my place. I stood there and watched
40 or so years of possessions go up in flames, along with
two pets I dearly loved. Had I been home at the time I
might have at least saved them but I showed up about 30
minutes after the fire had started and the firemen kept me
from running up the stairs to open the door for them (I
think I could have done it easily because the fire had not
spread to that part of the building yet).
It taught me a lesson in material wealth. I learned that
I was so much more wealthy in the friends I had. Friends
showed up to console me because they saw the fire on the
news and recognized my place. Within a few days I had
money, furniture, and a new place to stay given to me. I
found what true wealth is - it's the people you love and
who love you in return. My NA fellowship came through as
well, and I am so grateful for that. I don't know what I
would have done without my family in recovery. I had things
like a library I was proud of with quite a few collectible
books, including a first addition Great Books of the Western
World set that belonged to my grandfather. But none of that
mattered compared to what I really own.
 Quoting: DrPostman







Truly touching Dr Postman ... for this lesson you paid greatly! Good for you on this, and my sympathies. I have a GREAT dog (German Short-Haired Pointer) that I wouldn't know what I would do if I were in your shoes. Very shitty spot, for sure!
User # 78/68

User ID: 681262
Canada
12/05/2009 01:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Everything you say is true and fine for SHORT TERM survival when confronting LOCALIZED disasters.

It would all be quite inadequate for a global event that wiped out all infrastructure. You denigate "suburbanites" for not being "simple and rustic" (in so many words), yet how are these folks supposed to be able to TRANSITION to a simpler more physical life WITHOUT SUPPLIES? Transition will take TIME, and that time has to be accounted for.

No. I am not denigrating anyone. I don't believe there is a need to prepare for long term disaster. I believe people should be wherever they feel they want to be and live their lives how they please. For me, that happens to be somewhere outside mainstream western society. I don't expect you or anyone else to follow. You are the one that is the survival nut.

As for your comment about meager supplies being inadequate for longterm survival, I can only laugh. How do you think millions of people have survived thus far? Do you have any idea how many people live without most of what you consider necessary? You really do underestimate what you are capable of and overestimate the value of stuff and how much of it you really need. How do you think our ancestors survived the elements and the inclemencies of nature to birth us into existence? Security isn't in the stuff you have to face nature with. It is in how you survive in nature without the need for more than your own self and fewer tools than you think. Mankind wasn't born with these things, yet it has survived.


>> Mankind wasn't born

Funny that word "born". A child is BORN to two parents and four grandparents. The child is BORN into a CULTURE, a COMMUNITY, with TRADITIONS and COLLECTIVE KNOWLEDGE of how to SURVIVE in the local environment.

EXCEPT if you were a child BORN to parents in western society in the 20th century. Now we are talking about people without knowledge of how to survive in the local environment because less than 2% of the population works in agriculture. No child in the HISTORY OF THE WORLD is more dependant on distant sources of sustenance, and less SELF SUFFICIENT than the modern 21st Century Western "bred" and raised technocized video child.

Perhaps it really is true the "meek" inherit the earth, for they indeed are the only ones left with the SKILLS to provide for themselves - however meager and simple.

Yet - does a "child" otherwise dependant, perhaps even enslaved, to 21st century "just in time" society not also have a "right" to survival? But having a "right" alone is not enough - one must also either have the SKILLS, or access to them, if one is to have ANY chance at all.

BUT YOU WOULD SAY NOT TO BOTHER - because man has survived before ...

PHOOEY!!
 Quoting: ***ZetaMax***





Very well written Max!!!

I wonder if the debunkers even understood it?
SixEyedcheeseball

User ID: 829478
United States
12/05/2009 01:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
byekittySee ya wrong even some more byekitty

Don't do this Naked.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 823229
Canada
12/05/2009 03:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Everything you say is true and fine for SHORT TERM survival when confronting LOCALIZED disasters.

It would all be quite inadequate for a global event that wiped out all infrastructure. You denigate "suburbanites" for not being "simple and rustic" (in so many words), yet how are these folks supposed to be able to TRANSITION to a simpler more physical life WITHOUT SUPPLIES? Transition will take TIME, and that time has to be accounted for.

No. I am not denigrating anyone. I don't believe there is a need to prepare for long term disaster. I believe people should be wherever they feel they want to be and live their lives how they please. For me, that happens to be somewhere outside mainstream western society. I don't expect you or anyone else to follow. You are the one that is the survival nut.

As for your comment about meager supplies being inadequate for longterm survival, I can only laugh. How do you think millions of people have survived thus far? Do you have any idea how many people live without most of what you consider necessary? You really do underestimate what you are capable of and overestimate the value of stuff and how much of it you really need. How do you think our ancestors survived the elements and the inclemencies of nature to birth us into existence? Security isn't in the stuff you have to face nature with. It is in how you survive in nature without the need for more than your own self and fewer tools than you think. Mankind wasn't born with these things, yet it has survived.


>> Mankind wasn't born

Funny that word "born". A child is BORN to two parents and four grandparents. The child is BORN into a CULTURE, a COMMUNITY, with TRADITIONS and COLLECTIVE KNOWLEDGE of how to SURVIVE in the local environment.

EXCEPT if you were a child BORN to parents in western society in the 20th century. Now we are talking about people without knowledge of how to survive in the local environment because less than 2% of the population works in agriculture. No child in the HISTORY OF THE WORLD is more dependant on distant sources of sustenance, and less SELF SUFFICIENT than the modern 21st Century Western "bred" and raised technocized video child.

Perhaps it really is true the "meek" inherit the earth, for they indeed are the only ones left with the SKILLS to provide for themselves - however meager and simple.

Yet - does a "child" otherwise dependant, perhaps even enslaved, to 21st century "just in time" society not also have a "right" to survival? But having a "right" alone is not enough - one must also either have the SKILLS, or access to them, if one is to have ANY chance at all.

BUT YOU WOULD SAY NOT TO BOTHER - because man has survived before ...

PHOOEY!!
 Quoting: ***ZetaMax***

Where did I say anyone doesn't have the right to survival? I just said that I don't believe there is going to be a global catastrophe that will affect all mankind, and if there is one of the magnitude Nancy predicts, nothing at all would survive anyways. I do believe that everyone should learn basic survival skills, the things that man learned which set him above all other creatures on earth, but that takes education, and I don't see governments or the people themselves being willing to put up the money or do the work. Even so, having lived through disasters in several countries, both developed and underdeveloped, in towns and in one of the biggest cities in the world, I can say that instinct is much stronger than you think. I think you underestimate our abilities. Danger and disaster can bring out the best in us. Millions of people came to this continent with nothing but what they could carry. They managed to eke out a living, and some caught the American dream. Skills are valuable, more than a bunker full of supplies.

I remember reading Frank Water's book of the Hopi where it says that the gods found that man needed to remain somewhat nomadic because it made them behave with honour and work together, that problems only started when they stayed too long in one place and got too comfortable. There is some truth to this. It is also something that is deeply ingrained in the indigenous cultures of Mexico, that man needs to be as flexible as the wind, with the ability to abandon the site where they live according to the cycles.

If there is a threat to mankind today, it isn't from a global natural catastrophe, but the implosion of an unsustainable lifestyle that has distanced us from nature and our place in creation, and our blind willingness to do nothing as the freedoms and rights that our grandfathers and great grandfathers fought for are taken from us. And we have nobody to blame but ourselves. It will be a tough pill to swallow for some, but it is inevitable, perhaps soon, perhaps in a few decades.
The Lone Ranger (OP)

User ID: 834418
New Zealand
12/05/2009 05:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
idiot_day
 Quoting: ***ZetaMax***


:say_what: ..you have a National Holiday named in your honour, Melfy!!

Truly amazing eh!!!!.....

Wow......The Melfy National Idiot Day!!

Loneranger must check up the American Holiday calendar for that one. Who'd thunk it eh. You are indeed a special kind of idiot.
Life Is But A Dream!!
Therefore, "'Tis better to have dreamed and lost than never to have dreamed at all."
------------------------------------
Disclaimer:

DON'T​ BELIEVE A DAMN WORD YOU READ ON THIS THREAD!....USE DISCERNMENT!!
The Lone Ranger (OP)

User ID: 834418
New Zealand
12/05/2009 05:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Very well written Max!!!

I wonder if the debunkers even understood it?
 Quoting: User # 78/68


Well we all know that you certainly didn't asshole!!
Life Is But A Dream!!
Therefore, "'Tis better to have dreamed and lost than never to have dreamed at all."
------------------------------------
Disclaimer:

DON'T​ BELIEVE A DAMN WORD YOU READ ON THIS THREAD!....USE DISCERNMENT!!
The Lone Ranger (OP)

User ID: 834418
New Zealand
12/05/2009 05:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Well the Zetas say they will cure farting.

Can't wait.

All those long elevator rides...
 Quoting: Jodido


Big_smile
Life Is But A Dream!!
Therefore, "'Tis better to have dreamed and lost than never to have dreamed at all."
------------------------------------
Disclaimer:

DON'T​ BELIEVE A DAMN WORD YOU READ ON THIS THREAD!....USE DISCERNMENT!!
User # 78/68

User ID: 681262
Canada
12/05/2009 05:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Everything you say is true and fine for SHORT TERM survival when confronting LOCALIZED disasters.

It would all be quite inadequate for a global event that wiped out all infrastructure. You denigate "suburbanites" for not being "simple and rustic" (in so many words), yet how are these folks supposed to be able to TRANSITION to a simpler more physical life WITHOUT SUPPLIES? Transition will take TIME, and that time has to be accounted for.

No. I am not denigrating anyone. I don't believe there is a need to prepare for long term disaster. I believe people should be wherever they feel they want to be and live their lives how they please. For me, that happens to be somewhere outside mainstream western society. I don't expect you or anyone else to follow. You are the one that is the survival nut.

As for your comment about meager supplies being inadequate for longterm survival, I can only laugh. How do you think millions of people have survived thus far? Do you have any idea how many people live without most of what you consider necessary? You really do underestimate what you are capable of and overestimate the value of stuff and how much of it you really need. How do you think our ancestors survived the elements and the inclemencies of nature to birth us into existence? Security isn't in the stuff you have to face nature with. It is in how you survive in nature without the need for more than your own self and fewer tools than you think. Mankind wasn't born with these things, yet it has survived.


>> Mankind wasn't born

Funny that word "born". A child is BORN to two parents and four grandparents. The child is BORN into a CULTURE, a COMMUNITY, with TRADITIONS and COLLECTIVE KNOWLEDGE of how to SURVIVE in the local environment.

EXCEPT if you were a child BORN to parents in western society in the 20th century. Now we are talking about people without knowledge of how to survive in the local environment because less than 2% of the population works in agriculture. No child in the HISTORY OF THE WORLD is more dependant on distant sources of sustenance, and less SELF SUFFICIENT than the modern 21st Century Western "bred" and raised technocized video child.

Perhaps it really is true the "meek" inherit the earth, for they indeed are the only ones left with the SKILLS to provide for themselves - however meager and simple.

Yet - does a "child" otherwise dependant, perhaps even enslaved, to 21st century "just in time" society not also have a "right" to survival? But having a "right" alone is not enough - one must also either have the SKILLS, or access to them, if one is to have ANY chance at all.

BUT YOU WOULD SAY NOT TO BOTHER - because man has survived before ...

PHOOEY!!

Where did I say anyone doesn't have the right to survival? I just said that I don't believe there is going to be a global catastrophe that will affect all mankind, and if there is one of the magnitude Nancy predicts, nothing at all would survive anyways. I do believe that everyone should learn basic survival skills, the things that man learned which set him above all other creatures on earth, but that takes education, and I don't see governments or the people themselves being willing to put up the money or do the work. Even so, having lived through disasters in several countries, both developed and underdeveloped, in towns and in one of the biggest cities in the world, I can say that instinct is much stronger than you think. I think you underestimate our abilities. Danger and disaster can bring out the best in us. Millions of people came to this continent with nothing but what they could carry. They managed to eke out a living, and some caught the American dream. Skills are valuable, more than a bunker full of supplies.

I remember reading Frank Water's book of the Hopi where it says that the gods found that man needed to remain somewhat nomadic because it made them behave with honour and work together, that problems only started when they stayed too long in one place and got too comfortable. There is some truth to this. It is also something that is deeply ingrained in the indigenous cultures of Mexico, that man needs to be as flexible as the wind, with the ability to abandon the site where they live according to the cycles.

If there is a threat to mankind today, it isn't from a global natural catastrophe, but the implosion of an unsustainable lifestyle that has distanced us from nature and our place in creation, and our blind willingness to do nothing as the freedoms and rights that our grandfathers and great grandfathers fought for are taken from us. And we have nobody to blame but ourselves. It will be a tough pill to swallow for some, but it is inevitable, perhaps soon, perhaps in a few decades.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 823229





You are dismissing the possibility of a global disaster WAY TOO readily, for me.

And you make the awkward assumption one wouldn't be survivable ... nevermind the one Nancy says is coming.
User # 78/68

User ID: 681262
Canada
12/05/2009 05:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Well the Zetas say they will cure farting.

Can't wait.

All those long elevator rides...


Big_smile
 Quoting: The Lone Ranger





Go back to sleep moron, it's way past your bedtime.
KeepingItReal

User ID: 823229
Canada
12/05/2009 05:51 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
You are dismissing the possibility of a global disaster WAY TOO readily, for me.

And you make the awkward assumption one wouldn't be survivable ... nevermind the one Nancy says is coming.
 Quoting: User # 78/68


Your civility is appreciated. The way I see it, if a global disaster occurs, I will either survive it or I won't. Nothing I can do will stop it, and no amount of supplies will save me if I don't have the skills and instinct to keep a calm head. I could get in a serious accident tomorrow and die, or be maimed, but that doesn't stop me from getting in my truck. Global disaster or not, I prefer to live in the now and let tomorrow unfold without worrying about what might be. I prefer to focus on the things we can change instead of worrying about how to survive the ones we can't.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
~nameless~

User ID: 646655
United States
12/05/2009 05:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
this is going to end up like the israeli palestinian conflict. you will all still be going at eachothers throats and no one is going to remember who started what all youre going to remember is retribution.

popcorn

Last Edited by ~nameless~ on 12/05/2009 05:57 PM
HAI FAGGOTS
User # 78/68

User ID: 681262
Canada
12/05/2009 06:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
You are dismissing the possibility of a global disaster WAY TOO readily, for me.

And you make the awkward assumption one wouldn't be survivable ... nevermind the one Nancy says is coming.


Your civility is appreciated. The way I see it, if a global disaster occurs, I will either survive it or I won't. Nothing I can do will stop it, and no amount of supplies will save me if I don't have the skills and instinct to keep a calm head. I could get in a serious accident tomorrow and die, or be maimed, but that doesn't stop me from getting in my truck. Global disaster or not, I prefer to live in the now and let tomorrow unfold without worrying about what might be. I prefer to focus on the things we can change instead of worrying about how to survive the ones we can't.
 Quoting: KeepingItReal





BUT ... If I can survive one, and it takes just a little more prep, and not that much money, why not do those little things?

It at least might give a little peace of mind ... not to mention, if something did happen, you would never forgive yourself later if you didn't make those preparations.
KeepingItReal

User ID: 823229
Canada
12/05/2009 06:26 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
As for your comment about meager supplies being inadequate for longterm survival, I can only laugh. How do you think millions of people have survived thus far? Do you have any idea how many people live without most of what you consider necessary? You really do underestimate what you are capable of and overestimate the value of stuff and how much of it you really need. How do you think our ancestors survived the elements and the inclemencies of nature to birth us into existence? Security isn't in the stuff you have to face nature with. It is in how you survive in nature without the need for more than your own self and fewer tools than you think. Mankind wasn't born with these things, yet it has survived.

Stockpiling supplies only makes you a target in an actual
catastrophe, and all the weaponry in the world won't help
you against a determined and hungry mob unless you also
have an army to defend against them. The true survivalist
gets by with exactly what you listed already and knows how
to live off the land no matter where they end up.

That being said though, I still think it's prudent, given
that I live in an area that is an earthquake hazard, to
have about 30 days food and water on hand just in case.
For localized disasters it just makes sense.
 Quoting: DrPostman

Yes, it is absolutely prudent to prepare for such things if you live in an at risk area, at the very least, you should have a week's worth of food and water. After the 85 quake in Mexico City, it took more than a week for things to start getting back to normal, and the magnitude of the crisis was far bigger than the government and public safety teams could handle. It was the people that helped each other through the worst of it. My faith in the human race was restored through that experience. Sadly, as the crisis abated, people fell back into the same old behaviour, and in the end, nothing really changed, though the memory is there for those of us that were there and were touched by the ability of humans to stop their world and help each other.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
User # 78/68

User ID: 681262
Canada
12/05/2009 06:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Truly touching Dr Postman ... for this lesson you paid greatly! Good for you on this, and my sympathies. I have a GREAT dog (German Short-Haired Pointer) that I wouldn't know what I would do if I were in your shoes. Very shitty spot, for sure!


Thanks. They were both rescued from being euthanized so I
like to think I at least gave them a lot more love for a
little bit longer life.
 Quoting: DrPostman



Good!

News