Godlike Productions - Conspiracy Forum
Users Online Now: 2,593 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,260,726
Pageviews Today: 1,776,575Threads Today: 460Posts Today: 9,730
03:50 PM


Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing
 

Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!

 
Gazmik

User ID: 487277
United States
04/22/2011 08:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
No I'm not inferring a "comet", but rather a BROWN DWARF.

There - was that so hard?
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**

But, a brown dwarf would be highly visible. There would be no hiding it. And it would cause perturbations in orbits that aren't there.
**ZetaMax**

User ID: 1332505
United States
04/22/2011 08:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
No I'm not inferring a "comet", but rather a BROWN DWARF.

There - was that so hard?
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**

But, a brown dwarf would be highly visible. There would be no hiding it. And it would cause perturbations in orbits that aren't there.
 Quoting: Gazmik


>> a brown dwarf would be highly visible

Would BECOME highly visible - true. And by July there will be no doubt about what it is or isn't.

>> And it would cause perturbations in orbits that aren't there.

That's not what others are claiming! I'd say that the Chili and Japan earthquakes are pretty DAMN PERTURBING!!!
AstronutModerator
Forum Moderator

User ID: 1352367
United States
04/22/2011 08:20 AM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
>> WTF are you talking about? I'm not a member of the "elite," I'm just an average amateur astronomer and a regular citizen.

That may be - or it may not be. I have no way of truly finding out without sacrificing my rather tenuous and fragile anonimity. (I say that because the TRUE spooks certainly know who I am, or can find out with a simple five second query).

I will say this - you "become" what you defend. If all you do is defend the establishment, then how is anyone supposed to differentiate you from those who control it?
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**

I defend the truth. If the truth agrees with NASA then yes I will defend NASA against ignorant liars like you. That doesn't make me NASA nor does it make me the "establishment."
astrobanner2
**ZetaMax**

User ID: 1332505
United States
04/22/2011 08:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
>> WTF are you talking about? I'm not a member of the "elite," I'm just an average amateur astronomer and a regular citizen.

That may be - or it may not be. I have no way of truly finding out without sacrificing my rather tenuous and fragile anonimity. (I say that because the TRUE spooks certainly know who I am, or can find out with a simple five second query).

I will say this - you "become" what you defend. If all you do is defend the establishment, then how is anyone supposed to differentiate you from those who control it?
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**

I defend the truth. If the truth agrees with NASA then yes I will defend NASA against ignorant liars like you. That doesn't make me NASA nor does it make me the "establishment."
 Quoting: Astronut


I defend my QUEST for the truth. You claim to defend TRUTH itself.

WOW - big difference, and just a wee bit ARROGANT!

Don't cha think??

Last Edited by **ZetaMax** on 04/22/2011 08:25 AM
AstronutModerator
Forum Moderator

User ID: 922113
United States
04/22/2011 08:24 AM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
No I'm not inferring a "comet", but rather a BROWN DWARF.

There - was that so hard?
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**

But, a brown dwarf would be highly visible. There would be no hiding it. And it would cause perturbations in orbits that aren't there.
 Quoting: Gazmik


>> a brown dwarf would be highly visible

Would BECOME highly visible - true. And by July there will be no doubt about what it is or isn't.

>> And it would cause perturbations in orbits that aren't there.

That's not what others are claiming! I'd say that the Chili and Japan earthquakes are pretty DAMN PERTURBING!!!
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**


No, it would be naked eye brightness right now:
[link to www.godlikeproductions.com]
And no, the orbits of the planets are not perturbed:
Thread: Come see live video of Saturn! 4-18-11 *Testing a completely untethered setup tonight* (Page 3)
By the way, comet 29P/Schwassmann-Wachmann was more consistently aligned with earth and the sun for the Chili and Japan quakes. I say Schwassmann-Wachmann caused the quake, prove me wrong.

Last Edited by Dr. Astro on 04/22/2011 08:30 AM
astrobanner2
Gazmik

User ID: 487277
United States
04/22/2011 08:30 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
>> a brown dwarf would be highly visible

Would BECOME highly visible - true. And by July there will be no doubt about what it is or isn't.
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**

A brown dwarf entering our solar system would have been visible decades ago. It wouldn't just become visible in the inner solar system.
>> And it would cause perturbations in orbits that aren't there.

That's not what others are claiming! I'd say that the Chili and Japan earthquakes are pretty DAMN PERTURBING!!!
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**

Again, Chile and Japan and New Zealand are all on the Ring of Fire and are prone to earthquakes. Earthquakes there are not evidence of anything other than convection currents in the mantle of the Earth.

And if an object's gravity supposed had the ability to cause earthquakes on the Earth, its gravity would have caused noticeable perturbations in the orbits of the outer planets long before it got close enough to have any effect on the Earth.
aussie 763624
User ID: 763624
Australia
04/22/2011 08:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
No I'm not inferring a "comet", but rather a BROWN DWARF.

There - was that so hard?
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**


[link to en.wikipedia.org]

so we can see brown dwarfs at tens or even HUNDREDS of lightyears away (Cha 110913-773444) but we cant see one a mere 150 million km away (approx 8 light MINUTES)

A remarkable property of brown dwarfs is that they are all roughly the same radius as Jupiter. At the high end of their mass range (60–90 Jupiter masses), the volume of a brown dwarf is governed primarily by electron degeneracy pressure,[2] as it is in white dwarfs; at the low end of the range (10 Jupiter masses), their volume is governed primarily by Coulomb pressure, as it is in planets. The net result is that the radii of brown dwarfs vary by only 10–15% over the range of possible masses. This can make distinguishing them from planets difficult.
 Quoting: wikipedia


and considering that at least one person posting here has the equipment to image a Jupiter sized planet quite easily

and if a 60 to 90 times Jupiter mass was anywhere near the sun, its gravitational effect would be `noticeable' to say the least

We can safely say that we are inferring you are an idiot



There - was that so hard?
AstronutModerator
Forum Moderator

User ID: 922113
United States
04/22/2011 08:31 AM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
>> WTF are you talking about? I'm not a member of the "elite," I'm just an average amateur astronomer and a regular citizen.

That may be - or it may not be. I have no way of truly finding out without sacrificing my rather tenuous and fragile anonimity. (I say that because the TRUE spooks certainly know who I am, or can find out with a simple five second query).

I will say this - you "become" what you defend. If all you do is defend the establishment, then how is anyone supposed to differentiate you from those who control it?
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**

I defend the truth. If the truth agrees with NASA then yes I will defend NASA against ignorant liars like you. That doesn't make me NASA nor does it make me the "establishment."
 Quoting: Astronut


I defend my QUEST for the truth. You claim to defend TRUTH itself.

WOW - big difference, and just a wee bit ARROGANT!

Don't cha think??
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**


I couls not care less what you think about me on a personal level. Call me arrogant all you want, I'm right and I know it.
astrobanner2
**ZetaMax**

User ID: 1332505
United States
04/22/2011 08:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
No I'm not inferring a "comet", but rather a BROWN DWARF.

There - was that so hard?
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**

But, a brown dwarf would be highly visible. There would be no hiding it. And it would cause perturbations in orbits that aren't there.
 Quoting: Gazmik


>> a brown dwarf would be highly visible

Would BECOME highly visible - true. And by July there will be no doubt about what it is or isn't.

>> And it would cause perturbations in orbits that aren't there.

That's not what others are claiming! I'd say that the Chili and Japan earthquakes are pretty DAMN PERTURBING!!!
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**


No, it would be naked eye brightness right now:
[link to www.godlikeproductions.com]
And no, the orbits of the planets are not perturbed:
Thread: Come see live video of Saturn! 4-18-11 *Testing a completely untethered setup tonight* (Page 3)
 Quoting: Astronut


yeah right, nonsense- no sense! Are you listening to yourself? Where are your eyes? Look around you.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 643083

What you really mean by that is where is my confirmation bias. Nibiru is nonsense, plain and simple. A large planet or brown dwarf would be plainly visible by now, even if it were as black as fresh asphalt.

Oh, and don't speak for 1290320, he can speak for himself. His anger is self-evident.
 Quoting: Astronut


From what I am reading, A brown dwarf star would not be detectable with a standard telescope. I found several articles on the subject. Here is one:
[link to rabbithole2.com]

hiding
 Quoting: Argana


You should be reading up on actual astronomy, rather than articles from Nibiru believers like Lucus.

Here's the lone brown dwarf 2MASS J16452211-1319516 in infrared light using the same Palomar survey telescope normally used for visible light observations. It's the star near the center of the image:
[link to archive.stsci.edu]
And here's the same brown dwarf in visible red light:
[link to archive.stsci.edu]
It's much dimmer relative to the other stars in visible light, but it's still detectable, and that's from 39 light years away using just a regular red sensitive film plate!

The thing is, it doesn't even matter how much or how little infrared or red light the brown dwarf would be emitting, it would still reflect the sun's light and that alone would make it detectable regardless of emitted light. A brown dwarf at the distance from the earth that Elenin is currently at would not only be naked eye magnitude, but it would be one of the brightest objects in the sky. Brown dwarf stars tend to be not much larger than Jupiter in surface area, though they have many times Jupiter's mass. That's still a lot of surface area though, so even if it were as black as asphalt it would still be about magnitude -1.49 at 2.541 AU distance just based on reflected sunlight light alone (and that's an extremely conservative estimate because I factored in a sun distance of about 5 AU instead of the true 3.418 AU, so it would actually be even brighter than that).
 Quoting: Astronut


Interesting - and I'm not dismissive. However, PX is supposed to have a HUGE debris field surrounding it. Wouldn't that play into its reflectivity??
**ZetaMax**

User ID: 1332505
United States
04/22/2011 08:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
>> a brown dwarf would be highly visible

Would BECOME highly visible - true. And by July there will be no doubt about what it is or isn't.
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**

A brown dwarf entering our solar system would have been visible decades ago. It wouldn't just become visible in the inner solar system.
>> And it would cause perturbations in orbits that aren't there.

That's not what others are claiming! I'd say that the Chili and Japan earthquakes are pretty DAMN PERTURBING!!!
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**

Again, Chile and Japan and New Zealand are all on the Ring of Fire and are prone to earthquakes. Earthquakes there are not evidence of anything other than convection currents in the mantle of the Earth.

And if an object's gravity supposed had the ability to cause earthquakes on the Earth, its gravity would have caused noticeable perturbations in the orbits of the outer planets long before it got close enough to have any effect on the Earth.
 Quoting: Gazmik


>> A brown dwarf entering our solar system would have been visible decades ago. It wouldn't just become visible in the inner solar system.

Two problems - it's coming out of the south where there is FAR fewer scopes, either professional or amateur. Second, it wouldn't be visible to amateur equipment until, well, about "now". As for professional equipment, the South Pole Telescope is rumored to have been tracking this ALL ALONG.
aussie 763624
User ID: 763624
Australia
04/22/2011 08:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Interesting - and I'm not dismissive. However, PX is supposed to have a HUGE debris field surrounding it. Wouldn't that play into its reflectivity??


um


whaaaa?????



(hint maxipad- we normally can't see a comet because it's nucleus is too small... what can be seen is the coma which is....


come on have a guess.....


hint its huge....


and it's debris....



come on maxipad- make that one small step for mankind and a giant leap for a maxipad and....


fuckin THINK.....
aussie 763624
User ID: 763624
Australia
04/22/2011 08:43 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Two problems - it's coming out of the south where there is FAR fewer scopes, either professional or amateur. Second, it wouldn't be visible to amateur equipment until, well, about "now". As for professional equipment, the South Pole Telescope is rumored to have been tracking this ALL ALONG.
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**


AARRGGGHHHH

its like a retarded looped tape recorder

rinse and repeat


maxipad- I am now voting for your banning from this thread for a period of one week every time you make a post that a simple google answers

this isnt ignorance

it isnt stupidity

its plain out and out trolling
aussie 763624
User ID: 763624
Australia
04/22/2011 08:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Two problems - it's coming out of the south where there is FAR fewer scopes, either professional or amateur. Second, it wouldn't be visible to amateur equipment until, well, about "now". As for professional equipment, the South Pole Telescope is rumored to have been tracking this ALL ALONG.
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**


Polaris


you northerners call it the polar star or north star or somesuch right...

right
why???


now here's a small hint for the terminally retarded amongst us

which parts of the northern hemisphere CANT see Polaris


now tip the earth upside down
(OK maxipad, andy settle down and get your hands out of your pants, this is imaginary OK)

if something was coming out of the `south pole' where in the southern hemisphere wouldn't it be seen....

or are you implying there isn't a single decent observatory in the southern hemisphere???
Gazmik

User ID: 487277
United States
04/22/2011 08:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
>> A brown dwarf entering our solar system would have been visible decades ago. It wouldn't just become visible in the inner solar system.

Two problems - it's coming out of the south where there is FAR fewer scopes, either professional or amateur. Second, it wouldn't be visible to amateur equipment until, well, about "now". As for professional equipment, the South Pole Telescope is rumored to have been tracking this ALL ALONG.
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**

An object supposedly in an orbit wouldn't come straight from the south. Plus, anything to the south would be visible in the entire southern hemisphere.

And it wouldn't take "special" equipment to see it. The idea that it only emits infrared light so it wouldn't be visible in the visible light spectrum is nothing but pure hogwash. A brown dwarf's primary composition is the same as that of Jupiter or Saturn which both reflect about half the light that reaches them. They are mostly hydrogen and helium. The reason that they use infrared telescopes to search for them is because of a lack of a nearby source of illumination for many of them. But approaching our solar system, a brown dwarf would be illuminated by sunlight, the same as Jupiter and Saturn.

Just as your body only emits light in the infrared spectrum. If you were in a dark room, you would still be visible with an infrared camera even if another person couldn't see you because of the darkness. But the moment somebody flips the light switch on, you become visible because you reflect light from the light bulb.
aussie 763624
User ID: 763624
Australia
04/22/2011 09:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Two problems - it's coming out of the south where there is FAR fewer scopes, either professional or amateur. Second, it wouldn't be visible to amateur equipment until, well, about "now". As for professional equipment, the South Pole Telescope is rumored to have been tracking this ALL ALONG.
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**


[link to pole.uchicago.edu]

rather forthcoming about all their discoveries they are


[link to en.wikipedia.org]
hint it isn't a look in the eyepiece telescope either (yes I know you haven't said this (yet) but its usually the next `tard question' in the list-

`why haven't they released the real pictures from the SPT yet, all we get is these easily faked false colour images, when will they release the real photos???'


sighs its almost like the bunkers are being paid to do this, like telecallers they have a set `script' they work from and wont/cant deviate from it

(is maxipad a paid bunker??? hmmm)
apart from the fact that you would have to have incredibly low self esteem to take a job on as a `bunker' (who would really like to be thought of as being as stupid as maxi and and and nancy `appear' to be- even anonymously on the net??)


but the sadder option is that these `people' actually are as dumb as they appear to be by their postings


I don't know which option would make me sadder to tell the truth...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 96644
United States
04/22/2011 09:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Poppycock. Math is compelling evidence, but it's NOT TRUTH.

And neither is modern astronomy.
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**


Questions like: "Is there a brown dwarf hovering near the sun?" are not philosophical ones. Astronomy can answer that question and doesn't pretend to do any more than answer concrete questions about physical reality. You can play the "Anything Is Possible" game all you want, but it doesn't make you a real philosopher. It only makes you a childish jerk.
 Quoting: Menow 1325407


>> Questions like: "Is there a brown dwarf hovering near the sun?" are not philosophical ones.

True - to a point. That point being that in order to not be "philosophical", both parties to a dispute need full and equal access to the same equipment and the same data. Clearly NASA, other agencies and research labs and universities do not give "equal" access to equipment, nor are they completely forthcoming with data.

"TRUST US" - we're SCIENTISTS ... is a philosophical offering, not a scientific one.

 Quoting: **ZetaMax**


You don't have to trust anyone. Go find a 1980's style DOS-based planetarium program and plot the inner planets against the background stars and check for yourself. All you need is your eyes, or maybe a pair of binoculars to be more accurate. The DOS-based programs were written pre-internet and cannot be updated, so if they predict that a planet will appear next to a particular star on a certain date today, and it does, then you can rest assured that it's orbit has not been altered by some imaginary rogue planet ex.

Anyone can check this for themselves.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 96644
United States
04/22/2011 09:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
>> a brown dwarf would be highly visible

Would BECOME highly visible - true. And by July there will be no doubt about what it is or isn't.
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**

A brown dwarf entering our solar system would have been visible decades ago. It wouldn't just become visible in the inner solar system.
>> And it would cause perturbations in orbits that aren't there.

That's not what others are claiming! I'd say that the Chili and Japan earthquakes are pretty DAMN PERTURBING!!!
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**

Again, Chile and Japan and New Zealand are all on the Ring of Fire and are prone to earthquakes. Earthquakes there are not evidence of anything other than convection currents in the mantle of the Earth.

And if an object's gravity supposed had the ability to cause earthquakes on the Earth, its gravity would have caused noticeable perturbations in the orbits of the outer planets long before it got close enough to have any effect on the Earth.
 Quoting: Gazmik


You'r using science and logic, neither of which Max understands.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 96644
United States
04/22/2011 09:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
[>> A brown dwarf entering our solar system would have been visible decades ago. It wouldn't just become visible in the inner solar system.

Two problems - it's coming out of the south where there is FAR fewer scopes, either professional or amateur. Second, it wouldn't be visible to amateur equipment until, well, about "now". As for professional equipment, the South Pole Telescope is rumored to have been tracking this ALL ALONG.
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**


Wrong. There are a HUGE number of amateurs in the southern hemisphere and some of the largest observatories on earth are there as well. And unless it's coming directly from the south celestial pole, those in the southern areas of the northern hemisphere can easily see the southern hemisphere constellations. For someone on the equator, the southern celestial pole is on his horizon and for anyone slighly north of the equator, they can see virtually the entire southern celestial sphere as the earth rotates. Do you think that somehow only those in the southern hemisphere can see the southern sky?

Obviously, you don't even understand simple geometry.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 96644
United States
04/22/2011 09:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Interesting - and I'm not dismissive. However, PX is supposed to have a HUGE debris field surrounding it. Wouldn't that play into its reflectivity??
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**


Yes, and that would make it all that much easier to see. Similar to a comet...the nucleus is only a few miles in diameter and woudln't normally be seen at a distance, but the huge field of dust and gas surrounding it reflects light and makes it visible across the solar system.

So, Nancy claiming that her imaginary px has a huge debris field shoots her contention that it is invisible all to hell. Even if that "debris field" had no reflectivity at all (impossible) it would block the light of distant stras behind it, giving away it's position.

Any way you look at it, a planet sized body in the inner solar system would be absolutely impossible to miss...either directly visually or by its influence on planetary orbits.
aussie 763624
User ID: 763624
Australia
04/22/2011 09:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Obviously, you don't even understand simple geometry.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 96644


BUT...
he's a lawyer so he's got the smarts...

we know he's a lawyer cause he said so

and he's a 11/9 survivor too


cause he said so!!!




The list of things that maxipad says he is is very large


and the list of things he understands is very small


;-)
aussie 763624
User ID: 763624
Australia
04/22/2011 09:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Yes, and that would make it all that much easier to see. Similar to a comet...the nucleus is only a few miles in diameter and woudln't normally be seen at a distance, but the huge field of dust and gas surrounding it reflects light and makes it visible across the solar system.

So, Nancy claiming that her imaginary px has a huge debris field shoots her contention that it is invisible all to hell. Even if that "debris field" had no reflectivity at all (impossible) it would block the light of distant stras behind it, giving away it's position.

Any way you look at it, a planet sized body in the inner solar system would be absolutely impossible to miss...either directly visually or by its influence on planetary orbits.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 96644


snap


;-)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 96644
United States
04/22/2011 10:03 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Two problems - it's coming out of the south where there is FAR fewer scopes, either professional or amateur. Second, it wouldn't be visible to amateur equipment until, well, about "now". As for professional equipment, the South Pole Telescope is rumored to have been tracking this ALL ALONG.
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**


Polaris


you northerners call it the polar star or north star or somesuch right...

right
why???


now here's a small hint for the terminally retarded amongst us

which parts of the northern hemisphere CANT see Polaris


now tip the earth upside down
(OK maxipad, andy settle down and get your hands out of your pants, this is imaginary OK)

if something was coming out of the `south pole' where in the southern hemisphere wouldn't it be seen....

or are you implying there isn't a single decent observatory in the southern hemisphere???
 Quoting: aussie 763624 763624


It works another way as well. I live at a latitude of 34 degrees above the equator in the northern hemisphere. That means that I can see all of the southern sky except for the region within 34 degrees of the southern celestial pole at some time during each year. Someone living in south Florida at 25 degrees north latitude can see all of the southern sky except for an area within 25 degrees of the southern celestial pole.

These px idiots must have flunked geometry because they seem to think that only a telescope located at the south pole can see the southern sky!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 96644
United States
04/22/2011 10:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Two problems - it's coming out of the south where there is FAR fewer scopes, either professional or amateur. Second, it wouldn't be visible to amateur equipment until, well, about "now".
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**


Why would you think that? It's supposed to be the size of Neptune, right? We can easily see Neptune at its distance. We can easily see the small inner moons of Uranus and Neptune, which are some of the darkest materials known in the solar system.

Exactly why wouldn't amateurs be able to see your imaginary px until now?
AstronutModerator
Forum Moderator

User ID: 1352472
United States
04/22/2011 10:27 AM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Interesting - and I'm not dismissive. However, PX is supposed to have a HUGE debris field surrounding it. Wouldn't that play into its reflectivity??
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**


Yes, it would increase the surface area reflecting light, even if the "debris" is very low albedo material I already calculated for just such an albedo so the end result is that it would make "planet X" brighter.
astrobanner2
Menow
User ID: 1325407
United States
04/22/2011 11:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Poppycock. Math is compelling evidence, but it's NOT TRUTH.

And neither is modern astronomy.
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**


Questions like: "Is there a brown dwarf hovering near the sun?" are not philosophical ones. Astronomy can answer that question and doesn't pretend to do any more than answer concrete questions about physical reality. You can play the "Anything Is Possible" game all you want, but it doesn't make you a real philosopher. It only makes you a childish jerk.
 Quoting: Menow 1325407


>> Questions like: "Is there a brown dwarf hovering near the sun?" are not philosophical ones.

True - to a point. That point being that in order to not be "philosophical", both parties to a dispute need full and equal access to the same equipment and the same data. Clearly NASA, other agencies and research labs and universities do not give "equal" access to equipment, nor are they completely forthcoming with data.
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**


Bullshit. That presupposes that specialized equipment is needed to see a brown dwarf near the sun and that it is 'inside information'. Absurd, but that is the normal realm of your 'arguments', isn't it?

"TRUST US" - we're SCIENTISTS ... is a philosophical offering, not a scientific one.
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**


Paranoid misrepresentation. Astronut has not simply said "Trust me", he has offered voluminous data which can be checked and thorough reasoning and multiple sources which support his statements. Chronic misrepresentation of the 'debunker' position is stock-in-trade for bullshit artists like you.

>> You can play the "Anything Is Possible" game all you want, but it doesn't make you a real philosopher. It only makes you a childish jerk.

Touche. I'm not here to be either a "real philosopher" or a childish jerk. I'm here because this thread is the best place to float ideas and see how well they hold up. If you guys have a compelling response, I usually accept that and move on. (Of course "I" have to find it compelling - your "opinion" is considered, but I am the final judge of what I accept or reject. I don't consider a "verdict" to be truth - so your consensus is not decisive. Persuasive at times, maybe, but NOT decisive) If you instead descend into name calling and character assassination, then I have to assume the jury is still out.
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**


Bullshit. You continue to ignore overwhelming evidence against all claims related to PX and play "Thin end of the wedge" games until you're red in the face. It got old a loooong time ago.
Menow
User ID: 1325407
United States
04/22/2011 11:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
If you instead descend into name calling and character assassination, then I have to assume the jury is still out.
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**


Right... You behave like a complete jerk, constantly, and then when people respond by saying that you're a jerk, you declare that it means they must be hiding something. You are FORCING your own definition of a situation where you can perpetually pretend that you might be right. How cute. That isn't a valid method of inquiry, it's just a form of manipulation and self-delusion.
Menow
User ID: 1325407
United States
04/22/2011 11:34 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Interesting - and I'm not dismissive. However, PX is supposed to have a HUGE debris field surrounding it. Wouldn't that play into its reflectivity??
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**


More stock-in-trade argument from a PXtard. We are supposed to accept an absurd premise and discuss PX as if it really does have a "HUGE debris field" suspended around it which somehow ignores the laws of gravity.

Yawn.
Menow
User ID: 1325407
United States
04/22/2011 11:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
>> a brown dwarf would be highly visible

Would BECOME highly visible - true. And by July there will be no doubt about what it is or isn't.
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**

A brown dwarf entering our solar system would have been visible decades ago. It wouldn't just become visible in the inner solar system.
>> And it would cause perturbations in orbits that aren't there.

That's not what others are claiming! I'd say that the Chili and Japan earthquakes are pretty DAMN PERTURBING!!!
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**

Again, Chile and Japan and New Zealand are all on the Ring of Fire and are prone to earthquakes. Earthquakes there are not evidence of anything other than convection currents in the mantle of the Earth.

And if an object's gravity supposed had the ability to cause earthquakes on the Earth, its gravity would have caused noticeable perturbations in the orbits of the outer planets long before it got close enough to have any effect on the Earth.
 Quoting: Gazmik


>> A brown dwarf entering our solar system would have been visible decades ago. It wouldn't just become visible in the inner solar system.

Two problems - it's coming out of the south where there is FAR fewer scopes, either professional or amateur. Second, it wouldn't be visible to amateur equipment until, well, about "now". As for professional equipment, the South Pole Telescope is rumored to have been tracking this ALL ALONG.
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**


No it's not "coming out of the south". It's coming out of ORION, remember? Or have you just abandoned certain parts of Nancy's claims?
**ZetaMax**

User ID: 1332505
United States
04/22/2011 11:41 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
>> a brown dwarf would be highly visible

Would BECOME highly visible - true. And by July there will be no doubt about what it is or isn't.
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**

A brown dwarf entering our solar system would have been visible decades ago. It wouldn't just become visible in the inner solar system.
>> And it would cause perturbations in orbits that aren't there.

That's not what others are claiming! I'd say that the Chili and Japan earthquakes are pretty DAMN PERTURBING!!!
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**

Again, Chile and Japan and New Zealand are all on the Ring of Fire and are prone to earthquakes. Earthquakes there are not evidence of anything other than convection currents in the mantle of the Earth.

And if an object's gravity supposed had the ability to cause earthquakes on the Earth, its gravity would have caused noticeable perturbations in the orbits of the outer planets long before it got close enough to have any effect on the Earth.
 Quoting: Gazmik


>> A brown dwarf entering our solar system would have been visible decades ago. It wouldn't just become visible in the inner solar system.

Two problems - it's coming out of the south where there is FAR fewer scopes, either professional or amateur. Second, it wouldn't be visible to amateur equipment until, well, about "now". As for professional equipment, the South Pole Telescope is rumored to have been tracking this ALL ALONG.
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**


No it's not "coming out of the south". It's coming out of ORION, remember? Or have you just abandoned certain parts of Nancy's claims?
 Quoting: Menow 1325407


I would think that would be pretty OBVIOUS at this point.
**ZetaMax**

User ID: 1332505
United States
04/22/2011 11:50 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Debunker Talk LIVE Chat 24/7 - A debunker's paradise!!
Interesting - and I'm not dismissive. However, PX is supposed to have a HUGE debris field surrounding it. Wouldn't that play into its reflectivity??
 Quoting: **ZetaMax**


Yes, it would increase the surface area reflecting light, even if the "debris" is very low albedo material I already calculated for just such an albedo so the end result is that it would make "planet X" brighter.
 Quoting: Astronut


[link to sydneystargazers.com]

Amy Evans of Sydney Stargazers posted this:

One thing to keep in mind my friends … this “Elenin” is not alone … there are two objects that are both coming together … the Spanish photos clearly show two objects, and they have been annualized … interesting images to say the least.

And there is a third larger object just a little behind these first two.

For those interested, please contact me off line

Amy


I would be happy to share what my friends and I have on Elenin, and the Brown Dwarf.

Contact me at capricornamy1159@yahoo.com

[link to xa.yimg.com]

[link to xa.yimg.com]

I have several more

Amy



My friends and I are checking all of the images, including those from this group for all of the information on the 3 objects that are coming … the two objects that make up Elenin

[link to xa.yimg.com]

[link to xa.yimg.com]

and the Brown Dwarf

[link to xa.yimg.com]

[link to xa.yimg.com]

that is about a month or more behind Elenin.

The problem we are having is trying to determine which of these objects are what … Nibiru (The Planet of the Crossing) … orbiting around a Brown Dwarf Star beyond Pluto …

[link to xa.yimg.com] or “The Destroyer” from ancient times?

Amy


Last Edited by **ZetaMax** on 04/22/2011 11:52 AM

News