Peaceplz
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 877129
United States
09/20/2010 11:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
My beautiful dog died of Pug Dog Encephalitis
Since I have become a conspiracy nut, my friends are limited. Please try and be sympathetic for my little dog who had to be put to sleep on Saturday.

She was only 1 year old, she was so cute, she was half chihuahua and half pug. She was sweet as heck. She would take out shoes from the closet but she wouldn't chew them, she would just use them as pillows because they had my scent.

She was so gentle.... she was only 7 lbs. and the smallest of the litter of 5. All the other dogs picked on her but she could stand her ground. She was funny, she would back up when you would go to pick her up. She had a smooshed face of a put and the long legs of a chihuahua. She was gentle and funny.

She started having seizures (which were awful to see) about 2 months ago. The vet sent me to the neurologist who wanted $2,500 for an MRI to verify that she had Pug Dog Encephalitis. Instead, I paid $400 for blood work (which was all fine) and got potassium bromide and gave it to her every day. She did fine until 2 weeks ago. She started having tremors, then seizures again. I had researched PDE and knew the symptoms and the fatal results, so when she had 4 in one day, I took her to the vet and was prepared to have her put to sleep. The vet said it might be epilepsy and she may have a nice life that way and the only way to be sure is (you guessed it) the $2,500 MRI. I took the new Rx and filled it for Dilantin.

More seizures, I was up all week and couldn't leave the house because I was afraid she would die alone or hurt herself. On Saturday night she had new jerking symptoms and I couldn't stand it anymore and took her to the emergency animal hospital and had her put to sleep. This was by myself and it was horrible. I knew it was going to happen but had hope anyway.

I miss her, she was a good dog. Please don't say anything mean to me, I'm fragile. Thank you in advance.
OVRANALYZE

User ID: 1033036
United States
09/20/2010 11:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: My beautiful dog died of Pug Dog Encephalitis
hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 755075
Canada
09/20/2010 11:37 PM
Report Abusive Post
I am so sorry. I have witnessed similarly in a different breed long ago when I was younger and it is not easy. It would be no easier now. The only thing I can give as consolation is that she will live again, that is how it works and I hope she can find her way back to you. I have a cat that did, absolutely the same soul. Be open to the idea.

I too know how hard it is for us conspiracy nuts and we get a special joy from these ones who show unconditional love so beautifully and enrich our lives. peace
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1096907
United States
09/20/2010 11:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
I am so sorry for your loss, a canine companion is more than that- and to have to endure so much at such a tender age.
Your little baby may still show signs of being near you, so if it helps to know this please take some comfort in it.

when my lab-pinscher had to be put down I still felt her asleep at the foot of my bed.
Peace,:)
Yee Haw

User ID: 1104278
United States
09/20/2010 11:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have a Pug to, he's my "little buddy". I can imagine your grief.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1053202
United States
09/20/2010 11:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Seems a lot of dogs are getting seizures. I think food is the likely culprit - toxins in the food chain. It probably has the same cumulative effect on people too.
Peaceplz  (OP)

User ID: 877129
United States
09/20/2010 11:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thank you everyone. It makes me feel better that you all have cared. I'd like to get another dog soon, there are so many who need a good home.
Anonymous Coward
09/20/2010 11:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
So sorry for your loss, OP...

:1rose1:

Dogs are very good and loyal friends...

There will be more in your future...

Look forward...

rose
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1081239
United States
09/20/2010 11:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
I am soooo sorry OP.
((((((((((((((OP)))))))))))))))
hf
Yee Haw

User ID: 1104278
United States
09/20/2010 11:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Seems a lot of dogs are getting seizures. I think food is the likely culprit - toxins in the food chain. It probably has the same cumulative effect on people too.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1053202

My other dog was just diagnosed with cancer. So I changed their food to a high quality natural dog food. I also threw out their wal-mart biscuits. They were pissed and wouldn't eat the new natural treats. 2 weeks later and they finally caved and love the new biscuits.

I think it's the food and the fluoride in the water.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 627489
United States
09/20/2010 11:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
So sorry.

hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1084916
United States
09/20/2010 11:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
Since I have become a conspiracy nut, my friends are limited. Please try and be sympathetic for my little dog who had to be put to sleep on Saturday.

She was only 1 year old, she was so cute, she was half chihuahua and half pug. She was sweet as heck. She would take out shoes from the closet but she wouldn't chew them, she would just use them as pillows because they had my scent.

She was so gentle.... she was only 7 lbs. and the smallest of the litter of 5. All the other dogs picked on her but she could stand her ground. She was funny, she would back up when you would go to pick her up. She had a smooshed face of a put and the long legs of a chihuahua. She was gentle and funny.

She started having seizures (which were awful to see) about 2 months ago. The vet sent me to the neurologist who wanted $2,500 for an MRI to verify that she had Pug Dog Encephalitis. Instead, I paid $400 for blood work (which was all fine) and got potassium bromide and gave it to her every day. She did fine until 2 weeks ago. She started having tremors, then seizures again. I had researched PDE and knew the symptoms and the fatal results, so when she had 4 in one day, I took her to the vet and was prepared to have her put to sleep. The vet said it might be epilepsy and she may have a nice life that way and the only way to be sure is (you guessed it) the $2,500 MRI. I took the new Rx and filled it for Dilantin.

More seizures, I was up all week and couldn't leave the house because I was afraid she would die alone or hurt herself. On Saturday night she had new jerking symptoms and I couldn't stand it anymore and took her to the emergency animal hospital and had her put to sleep. This was by myself and it was horrible. I knew it was going to happen but had hope anyway.

I miss her, she was a good dog. Please don't say anything mean to me, I'm fragile. Thank you in advance.
 Quoting: Peaceplz

hf
Thoughts Faux Fodder

User ID: 1088934
United States
09/20/2010 11:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
hf sorry for your loss op.
Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune--without the words,
And never stops at all....
Emily Dickinson
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1084916
United States
09/20/2010 11:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thank you everyone. It makes me feel better that you all have cared. I'd like to get another dog soon, there are so many who need a good home.
 Quoting: Peaceplz

My Brandy (poodle) died from a tumor 1 year ago...the best thing I did was to get another dog. "Sam" does not replace Brandy, but he sure helped me with the grieving process.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1103728
United States
09/20/2010 11:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
so sorry for your loss...dogs are the absolute best and losing them is one of the toughest things in life. i recommend just crying your eyes out and saying all the things out loud that you want to say to her at the same time until there is nothing left to say & no more tears...you'll feel much better after and it's a big step toward healing. bless you both :)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1102904
United States
09/21/2010 12:00 AM
Report Abusive Post
I am VERY SORRY OP to hear of your loss of your sweet Doggins...... I understand your grief and sorrow... I recently had to have my beloved cat put to sleep... it is such a horrible thing to have to do but the most loving thing to prevent further suffering...

I know you miss your Doggins and you should give yourself time to grieve the loss before you get another doggins...

At the perfect time, you will know... another one will come into your heart...

Prayers of comfort for you at this challenging time...
girl with big dreams
User ID: 25639254
Canada
10/15/2012 05:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
im so sorry to hear about your pug. My sister's pug died of PDE as well so i know exactly how you feel and what you went through. However, my sister's dog died after one of her seizures... I miss her very much since she was only 2 years old and just as energetic as me. However it has inspired me to want to find a cure. I have been really seriously considering becoming a neurologist for pets and discovering something that will make things better so that no one else has to go through watching their pet (especially pug) go through PDE. I hope you are doing better now though. I wish you all the best!
vamountains

User ID: 25483164
United States
10/15/2012 05:59 PM

Report Abusive Post
So sorry to hear about your dog. I've got 2 bostons, and I don't know what I'd do without them. I like them better then most people. hf
vamountains
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 24537507
United States
10/15/2012 06:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
I am so sorry OP. You will be with her again some day. I truly believe we are reunited with our animal friends. hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25439278
United States
10/15/2012 06:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
I wonder if the meat would be safe?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1707881
United States
10/15/2012 06:05 PM
Report Abusive Post
hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9943244
United States
10/15/2012 06:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
hf angel3
Jynxx96

User ID: 24018040
United States
10/15/2012 06:11 PM

Report Abusive Post
:(
Never regret anything,for at one time its exactly what you wanted
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 9943244
United States
10/15/2012 06:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
I wonder if the meat would be safe?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25439278

BAN this subhuman creep (AC 25439278)
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25619651
Portugal
10/15/2012 06:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Who cares about your dog? No one... Sorry!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 13699182
United States
10/15/2012 06:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 25619651

Who cares about Portugal? Oh yeah no one! Sorry ahole
ohnonotagain

User ID: 23745072
United States
10/15/2012 06:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
So sorry to hear about your loss. I lost 3 of my babies over the last 4 years....it's so hard.

The memories of their unconditional love and companionship they gave us is what we should all learn from. Imagine if we could, as humans, show the same towards one another.

Well, everything but the sniffing of each others butts, lol!

hf
"The Tree of Liberty is Thirsty and needs Watering"

-Me
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/15/2012 06:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sorry brother I know the feeling
Silent Companion
User ID: 336696
Netherlands
10/15/2012 06:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
I'm sorry for your loss. We are very fortunate to e able to share experiences with animal friends. They enrich our lives in countless ways.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 25619651
Portugal
10/15/2012 06:19 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 13699182

That's true! And asshole is your mother.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/15/2012 06:20 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 13699182

That's true! And asshole is your mother.

Lol what's with foreigners and not knowing insults

GLP