Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,255 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 562,390
Pageviews Today: 902,408Threads Today: 361Posts Today: 5,790
09:37 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Injustice in the age of Obama-Barack Obama, a former law professor, should have a healthy respect for civil liberties, but his actions suggest not

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1106851
United States
10/23/2010 04:33 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Injustice in the age of Obama-Barack Obama, a former law professor, should have a healthy respect for civil liberties, but his actions suggest not
[link to english.aljazeera.net]

Since being the defendant in about six trials after I was arrested for protesting the Iraq and Afghanistan occupations, it’s my experience that the police lie. Period.

However the lies don’t stop at street law enforcement level. From lies about WMD and connections to "al Qaeda," almost every institution of so-called authority - the Pentagon, State Department, CIA, FBI, all the way up to the Oval Office and back down - lie. Not white lies, but big, Mother of all BS (MOAB) lies that lead to the destruction of innocent lives. I.F Stone was most definitely on the ball when he proclaimed, "Governments lie".

Having clarified that, I would now like to examine a case that should be enshrined in the travesty of the US Justice Hall of Shame.

In February of this year, Aafia Siddiqui, a Pakistani mother of three, was convicted in US Federal (kangaroo) Court of seven counts, including two counts of "attempted murder of an American." On September 23, Judge Berman, who displayed an open bias against Dr. Siddiqui, sentenced her to 86 years in prison.

The tapestry of lies about Dr. Siddiqui - a cognitive neuroscientist, schooled at MIT and Brandeis - was woven during the Bush regime but fully

GLP