Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,133 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,710,014
Pageviews Today: 2,365,746Threads Today: 587Posts Today: 10,884
06:22 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Need help finding this - Experiment ran on School children in the late 70's/Early 80's

Mother Mary
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 628029
United States
01/16/2011 04:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Need help finding this - Experiment ran on School children in the late 70's/Early 80's
I saw this on TV about 2 weeks ago, but it was in a commercial on a channel like the History Channel or the Discovery Channel or something. They said that in that time frame schools did experiments where they told the children that there was a real bunny running around their schools and recorded what the children reactions were; if they saw it or not. (Like I guess the experiment was geared towards if an adult or someone of authority told you they saw a bunny, would you say you saw it too?) Was wondering if anyone actually watched the program or if anyone has any other links to this?

Thanks!
My anthem to the shills of GLP:
We're never gonna, believe in, the stories, that you're weavin'
We're believin' in the proof, we're believin' in the truth
We're believin' in each other, not you, you, you
(Bang Bang Bang - Mark Ronson)
------------------------------------
Janey's "doesntwannabeglpsobad"
~Google It~
“Of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.” - Robert Anton Wilson
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1213058
Canada
01/16/2011 05:02 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Need help finding this - Experiment ran on School children in the late 70's/Early 80's
This isn't what you are looking for, but it might make an interesting read to see "why" they use animals when teaching kids.

[link to onlinelibrary.wiley.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1213058
Canada
01/16/2011 05:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Need help finding this - Experiment ran on School children in the late 70's/Early 80's
I can't find nothing for ya. I assume you've tried going over the various behavioral psychology experiments dealing with obedience to authority?

The program sounds interesting, but it stands to reason. The experiment would be no different than telling your kids about Santa Claus. It's a well known fact that people tend to believe those they trust (those in positions of authority) so much that they will often create the reality they believe actually exists (lots of kids claim to see Santa or hear him).

Another example would be the MSM reporting to the general public or the words, "the experts say" escaping the lips of a sheeple.

Many atheists believe that the teaching that there is a God is really just a creation made by TPTB to control what can not be controlled in the masses (their thoughts and conscience) in a more agreeable way for TPTB (kinda like telling children scary stories about what will happen if they get out of bed before morning).
Obvious Soup

User ID: 1231823
United Kingdom
01/16/2011 05:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ernesto Spinelli?
Mother Mary  (OP)

User ID: 628029
United States
01/16/2011 05:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
This isn't what you are looking for, but it might make an interesting read to see "why" they use animals when teaching kids.

[link to onlinelibrary.wiley.com]
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1213058

Makes sense.

The reason I asked was because when I saw the commercial on TV, I knew that I had been through that, at my own elementary school. As far as I know it was just when I was in kindergarten. We would be in the hallway's coming and going or lined up somewhere and one of the teachers would say that they saw a bunny. It turned into this game of sorts as the other kids on my class would look for the bunny every time we were in the hallways. And when the teacher was around they swore they saw the bunny. After the teachers went away a little I would ask my class mates if they really saw a bunny and they always said no. I would ask the teacher questions all the time, "How come I never see it?" They didn't like me very much. I guess I have been awake since kindergarten then!
My anthem to the shills of GLP:
We're never gonna, believe in, the stories, that you're weavin'
We're believin' in the proof, we're believin' in the truth
We're believin' in each other, not you, you, you
(Bang Bang Bang - Mark Ronson)
Janey's "doesntwannabeglpsobad"
~Google It~
“Of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.” - Robert Anton Wilson

GLP