Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,257 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 674,928
Pageviews Today: 1,180,853Threads Today: 500Posts Today: 8,387
02:06 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Guy who put Ron Paul's face on his own minted coins convicted of "domestic terrorism," could get 15 years

Khazar
User ID: 1309587
United States
03/23/2011 12:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Guy who put Ron Paul's face on his own minted coins convicted of "domestic terrorism," could get 15 years
I was wondering, is it illegal to barter goods. Like what vonhouse did when he used his coinage.
 Quoting: Me against the world 1293514

Barter is not illegal...for now.
 Quoting: vor

. . . i think you have to still pay the tax on anything you barter.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 749717
United States
03/23/2011 12:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Guy who put Ron Paul's face on his own minted coins convicted of "domestic terrorism," could get 15 years
I was wondering, is it illegal to barter goods. Like what vonhouse did when he used his coinage.

From what I read of his intentions, he offered the coin as an exchange of goods. You buy an item at retail, offer the coin and get the barter items in return.

He paid no debt with the coin, just used it in a barter transaction. So if I barter something I made that looks like a dollar but is not sanctioned by the illegal feds, than, I am a terrorist.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA.

You knows its against the law to use your hand to make a gun sign with your thumb moving back and forth. YOU TERRORIST.

No, try that at a cop once. Maybe you will be shot ten or twenty times and if you live, they give you life in prison for showing you god given hand doing something that scared them into action.

WHAT A WORLD THIS HAS BECOME
 Quoting: Me against the world 1293514

ANOTHER TERRORIST!!!!
and look there, quite the logician..and maybe too ...too....too observant..yes ..yes..increase it;s ether flouride .redirect all cell towers for maximum pinael intrusion !

bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 749717
United States
03/23/2011 12:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
lets work this all we can. I mean after all, NEVER let a crisis go to waste.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1157608

hfsharkrofl
pure fucking gold AC !!
5 star brilliance !!

seal
Khazar
United States
03/23/2011 12:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
They never claimed "legal tender" so I don't see how they got in trouble. Then again, the business was taken down right around the time that the economy collapsed and they started to demolish the value of the dollar, so I see why they did this to him.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1262674

. . . how would it work if we did start using gold, silver and precious stones to make purchases, because of the value of products and food changing so much right now?
Khazar
United States
03/23/2011 12:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
Not to mention the United States does not own it's OWN FUCKING MONEY!! Therefore he cannot conspire against the US..
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1223697

. . . how is Congress supposed to "coin money"? Are they actually expected to work and get their hands dirty handling all that metal whatever?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 590644
United States
03/23/2011 03:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
IJCCR = International Journal for Community Currency Research

Latest news: [link to www.ijccr.net]

Large download: [link to www.ijccr.net]

Described as "Complementary Currencies: State of the Art
Special Issue edited by Noel Longhurst and Gill Seyfang"

7.7 Megabyte, 89 pages
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/24/2011 11:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
Tracy Twyman

Former editor of the Dagobert's Revenge delves into the alchemical nature of money.

Books

The Merovingian Mythos and the Mystery of Rennes-le-Chateau; Solomon's Treasure The Magic and Mystery of America's Money; The Arcadian Mystique The Best of Dagobert's Revenge Magazine; Mind-Controlled Sex Slaves and the CIA

Topics include the evolution of the dollar sign ($)(a snake wound around a pole), and the concept of alchemical conversion of one thing into another.

She confirms what I suspected several years ago that the word-term "dollar" isn't a perversion and conversion of a name but rather originates in a Bohemian word for a valley. Thus "Joachimsdaler" is actually Joachim's Valley. And valley ("daler") became "dollar."

[link to www.redicecreations.com] (about one hour - 30 megabytes)
This is the first half of a two hour interview. You must subscribe to hear or download the second hour.

Her homesite: [link to quintessentialpublications.com]
Myspace: [link to www.myspace.com]

Her latest book is MONEY GROWS ON THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE is currently sold out (printed version). You can purchase an electronic version or pay for the printed version and wait a month for the next edition.
[link to quintessentialpublications.com]
Levi Philos
United States
03/25/2011 10:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
The New York Sun today editorializes brilliantly about the ironies in the conviction of Liberty Dollar founder Bernard von NotHaus. The editorial begins:

"Here is a thought experiment concerning two men who have issued money. One issued gold and silver coins that will today bring more in dollars than he charged for them. The other issued paper notes that are today worth but a fraction the gold or silver they were worth at the time they were issued. One man is facing the possibility of years in prison after a federal jury found his issuing of money to have been a crime. The other man is walking around free and being treated by the authorities with great deference. Which is which?"

The editorial, most likely written by Sun editor Seth Lipsky, is headlined "A 'Unique' Form of Terrorism" and can be found here:

[link to www.nysun.com]

From GATA: [link to www.gata.org]
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/25/2011 11:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
When I first graduated from high school, I took a job that paid $1.17 per hour. Sounds like low pay - right?

But I could go to a bank and get silver dollars. A silver dollar today is just below $40 federal reserve notes.

So, was I working too cheap - or by today's standards very well paid?

There was no sales taxes, and income tax was very low. A new car was barely over $1,000.

A married man might typically earn $2.50 per hour and his wife stayed at home. Children had manners and respected their elders. Teachers taught the basics and civics classes were more factual although the lies were creeping in already then.

Feedback?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1312586
United States
03/28/2011 02:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
What does Ron Paul think of this conviction?
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/28/2011 02:53 PM
Report Abusive Post
Is Bernard a hero?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1318107
United States
03/28/2011 02:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
I thought ron paul wanted to abolish the fed and the irs
Anonymous Coward
United States
03/28/2011 03:01 PM
Report Abusive Post
This is huge! It should be pinned.
Levi Philos
United States
04/03/2011 03:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
NOTICE: The Forfeiture Hearing for your property begins this Monday, April 4!! If you have any Liberty Dollar paper or digital certificates you must identify yourself as an "Interested Party" BEFORE MONDAY. Your property is at risk! This is your last opportunity to protect your Liberty Dollar property that was seized! Please don't let the gov steal your property!

You must make a statement such as: "I hereby certify that I am the bearer of Liberty Dollar warehouse receipt(s) and an interested party in any forfeiture action regarding my property. I demand the return of my property or its fair market value in a timely manner and to be informed with sufficient time to reply to any and all actions until my property is returned."

MUST INCLUDE YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/04/2011 10:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
Bernard von NotHaus was on the Peter Schiff radio show April one. You can download the mp3 file here: [link to fetch.noxsolutions.com]

Bernard comes into the show at about the 41 minute mark and is the guest for about 17 minutes. His presentation is NOT very effective in my opinion. However, the show gets more interesting when Schiff takes some phone calls and the callers make comments and ask questions.

That show is better understood if you review the material titled: Uttering Coin and other Absurdities found complete with references to law on page 15 of this thread: Thread: Get rid of the money system, then get rid of goverrments (Page 15)
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/04/2011 12:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
Jeffrey Mandalis: Banking for Muggles 101: The Par Value of a US Dollar

[link to www.21silver.com]
Levi Philos
United States
04/05/2011 10:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
Dimitri Orlov comments on the von NotHaus affair and links to a Russian site where the matter is being discussed:

[link to cluborlov.blogspot.com]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1327666
United States
04/06/2011 10:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
I hope you people heed this warning.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1310979
United States
04/06/2011 02:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
why are they calling it terrorism? can't they think of a real crime to charge him with?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1307966
To keep the slaves, enslaved.vendetta
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/10/2011 01:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
A list of alternate and complimentary currency systems in the United States:

[link to www.complementarycurrency.org]

There is a worldwide list also.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 169265
United States
11/19/2012 02:14 PM
Report Abusive Post
Ron Paul should help this guy out.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 169265
United States
11/19/2012 02:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
This story is getting play EVERYWHERE.

I think we may have our tipping point.

Fuck 'em. They want to call us Domestic Terrorists for simply trying to save our families from the famine and poverty that is right over the next hill.

I say "Fine, call me a Terrorist. If that's my yellow star, I'll wear it with pride."
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1298805

agent
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17753079
United States
12/05/2017 04:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
What's better the Ron Paul coin or Bitcoin?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17753079
United States
12/06/2017 08:27 PM
Report Abusive Post
bump
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 76733807
United States
07/08/2018 09:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
There is no law against private money in the USA (so long as you aren't trying to counterfeit actual US dollars). This is intimidation. The law says US currency is to be used for DEBTS public and private. This is to make the debt/bond market stable and attractive to foreign investors. No one has to accept US dollars/coins at the retail level. Retail sales are a contract. The contract can be for two things of value.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1308457

hesright
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 59599092
United States
07/08/2018 10:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
You know...I'm sorry, but I have to interject these legal interpretations for just a moment...

I found out about Liberty Dollar when I was in college back in 2004. When my awakening was truly just beginning...

I believe in what he was doing and advocated the idea of PM backing an agreeable currency amongst the users. Market determines currency value and it was really a perfect model. However, Bernard turned it into a Mulit-level Marketing scheme when "associates" received a discount on the exchange of Fed notes for LDs. This I didn't completely agree with, but it was incentive for people to become involved with the mass dispersing of LDs. Anyhow, on to my hypothesis:

I REALLY think that this whole thing is sort of a Beta Test. The biggest question that comes to mind ALWAYS in instances like this are how the hell did he and his team at the mint not diligently research the semantics of the currency laws? I mean...a few simple mistakes with symbols and verbiage and this man is a felon...he connections with Ron Paul (which I don't care who you are and what you think, Ron Paul is serving a dialectical purpose too; no matter how much I truly agree with the man's character), and his connections to Timothy Leary, CIA-LSD man.

I honestly think that this was a ploy to set up strategic strategies for fear mongering and to further the Agenda.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1000114

Very perceptive bud....i saw same thing circa 2004 & 2009 also. Also familiar with Bernie from my island days long ago...he waz director of a mint there.

Heavy duTy intel games...once mostly behind the scenes...now they play fulltime across our tv and social media.

GLP