Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,091 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 258,027
Pageviews Today: 426,137Threads Today: 128Posts Today: 2,107
04:34 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Wildfire in Virginia now ( I think that makes 12 states burning) Updated with page county fire as well

Oldmotherhubbard
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 3926723
United States
06/29/2012 10:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Wildfire in Virginia now ( I think that makes 12 states burning) Updated with page county fire as well
Massanutten mountain has a wildfire (5% contained) I think 300 acres have been burned thus far. Nothing even remotely close to the devastation in CO.

[link to www.nbcwashington.com]

Current US fires
[link to activefiremaps.fs.fed.us]

Last Edited by Oldmotherhubbard on 07/02/2012 10:46 AM
Oldmotherhubbardglp (at) live.com

~mistakes are proof that you are trying~

~be kind to unkind people, for they are the ones that need it the most~
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18776238
United States
06/29/2012 11:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Wildfire in Virginia now ( I think that makes 12 states burning) Updated with page county fire as well
I'm in stafford va we can smell and taste the smoke here I thought the fire was in my area but nope. I hope they get it under control.
Oldmotherhubbard  (OP)

United States
06/29/2012 11:04 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Wildfire in Virginia now ( I think that makes 12 states burning) Updated with page county fire as well
I'm in stafford va we can smell and taste the smoke here I thought the fire was in my area but nope. I hope they get it under control.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 18776238

I hope so too!
They said they'd be sending 20 more firefighters in today.

phocuss

User ID: 783356
United States
06/29/2012 11:09 AM

Report Abusive Post
We were planning on going to Shenandoah this weekend. Looks like a change in plans. verysad
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 17920575
United States
06/29/2012 11:11 AM
Report Abusive Post
we are in baltimore, woke up this morning to the eeriest lightning, without any rain. I mumbled to my husband something about wildfires being started by lightning....this is really creepy
Double Dragon
User ID: 3003754
United States
06/29/2012 11:15 AM
Report Abusive Post

Mastadon - The Last Baron

I'd guess they would say we could set this world ablaze

Please, please take my hand Please take my soul to rest So we can always be around It is hard to see Through all the haze at the top of the trees Hold my head on stable ground Watch as the earth falls all around Please, please take my hand Please take my soul to rest So we can always be around Faltering footsteps, dead end path All that I need is this wise man's staff Encased in crystal, he leads the way I guess they'd say we could set the world ablaze Please, please take my hand Please take my soul to rest So we can always be around I guess they would say we can set the world ablaze Hold my head on stable ground Watch as the earth falls all around Take my black soul Arrive in the fires that burn my skin Guide my eyes all through this maze I guess they'd say we could set the world ablaze All that I have seen standing on the edge The foot of precipice floating in the sea Past the king of swords quickly to the shore The last baron, the last baron Ghost of man surrounds me in my slumber I have no fear as your wing is my shelter Cyanide he craves, coursing through his veins Providing him with strength to see this to the end Afraid of psychic eyes, faith in mystic power The last baron, the last baron Will he save me, will he save me? I was standing staring at the world And I can't see it I was standing staring at the world I still can't see it
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18776238
United States
06/29/2012 11:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
we are in baltimore, woke up this morning to the eeriest lightning, without any rain. I mumbled to my husband something about wildfires being started by lightning....this is really creepy
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 17920575

Just heard on the news that they think the wildfire in va was started by lightning!
Oldmotherhubbard  (OP)

United States
06/29/2012 11:21 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.weather.com]

I find it really strange there was lightning yesterday (even in Baltimore!)

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16693505
United States
06/29/2012 11:23 AM
Report Abusive Post

Just heard on the news that they think the wildfire in va was started by lightning!

What lighening??? It hasn't rained in VA for two days??? I live here!!!!

bump
Oldmotherhubbard  (OP)

United States
06/29/2012 11:24 AM
Report Abusive Post

bump
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16693505

Lol! Thank you! Me too!

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 10783814
United States
06/29/2012 11:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
They're playing with the new lightening weapon during the hot, dry summer. Burning away all the handy places to hide.

Yep, this be the year folks.
phocuss

United States
06/29/2012 11:27 AM

Report Abusive Post

bump

It was probably started Monday with the severe storm that roared through central VA. The cell that caused all the damage in Richmond came from the general area of Shenandoah.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2926765
United States
06/29/2012 11:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
If u live anywhere near a dry forest, I'd stage everything u might need by the front door. And be ready to move it into your car.
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/29/2012 11:29 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Oldmotherhubbard

I totally agree! It was this morning when my husband woke up early for work...between 4am and 6am ...and no rain or storms. I think somebody is engineering this stuff :(
Oldmotherhubbard  (OP)

United States
Report Abusive Post

bump

It was probably started Monday with the severe storm that roared through central VA. The cell that caused all the damage in Richmond came from the general area of Shenandoah.
 Quoting: phocuss

Yes that was a nasty storm it all went a hair north (Richmond) and a shade south (dinwiddie) of me. ! I can't believe they'd not notice a fire though for 5 days ( even if it's remote area) people could see the smoke kwim!?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18737161
United States
Report Abusive Post
Massanutten mountain has a wildfire (5% contained) I think 300 acres have been burned thus far. Nothing even remotely close to the devastation in CO.

Current US fires

there's another fire in va, too
in page county

the massanutten fire is expected to grow as the firefighters can't reach it due to its location and they are using ONE helicopter dropping water
Oldmotherhubbard  (OP)

United States
06/29/2012 11:30 AM
Report Abusive Post

I totally agree! It was this morning when my husband woke up early for work...between 4am and 6am ...and no rain or storms. I think somebody is engineering this stuff :(
 Quoting: S.Dejager

Thread: Army creates new lightning weapon!!!!

Oldmotherhubbard  (OP)

United States
06/29/2012 11:31 AM
Report Abusive Post

Current US fires

in page county

the massanutten fire is expected to grow as the firefighters can't reach it due to its location and they are using ONE helicopter dropping water
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 18737161

I know! A teeny 90 gallons every 5 minutes from the river.

I didn't know page had a fire!

phocuss

United States
06/29/2012 11:31 AM

Report Abusive Post

bump

Yes that was a nasty storm it all went a hair north (Richmond) and a shade south (dinwiddie) of me. ! I can't believe they'd not notice a fire though for 5 days ( even if it's remote area) people could see the smoke kwim!?

I'm in Henrico and we got hit hard. A lot of house and car damage from downed trees.
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/29/2012 11:32 AM
Report Abusive Post

Thread: Army creates new lightning weapon!!!!

!!!!!!!! YIKES !!!!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18301363
United States
06/29/2012 11:32 AM
Report Abusive Post
amazing, no mexicans starts fire in Cali yet?
Oldmotherhubbard  (OP)

United States
06/29/2012 11:33 AM
Report Abusive Post

bump

I'm in Henrico and we got hit hard. A lot of house and car damage from downed trees.

I saw the pics, wxrisk posted a bunch. It looked awful! Did you see the downtown expressway flooded (last week I think?) that was crazy too.

Anne O'Mally

User ID: 18735247
United States
06/29/2012 11:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
If u live anywhere near a dry forest, I'd stage everything u might need by the front door. And be ready to move it into your car.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 2926765

yep...i was watching a news vid of the colorado fires and they had one guy speaking who said his family was one of the first out, they had their bug out bags ready to go, the second he saw the fire coming over the mountain, even before news, they were out the door and safely away while everyone else was panicked.
worth my weight in squirrels.
Anne O'Mally

User ID: 18735247
United States
06/29/2012 11:36 AM
Report Abusive Post

green and damp cali/oregon border.
worth my weight in squirrels.
phocuss

United States
06/29/2012 11:37 AM

Report Abusive Post

I saw the pics, wxrisk posted a bunch. It looked awful! Did you see the downtown expressway flooded (last week I think?) that was crazy too.

I saw that really crazy. Driving home Monday there were trees blocking 64 and 295. Some roads in our subdivision were completely blocked.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 18737161
United States
06/29/2012 11:37 AM
Report Abusive Post

Current US fires

in page county

there's a mention here (the one in shenandoah national park is page county, the other is massanutten):
[link to vasmokeybear.blogspot.com]

so hot in virginia today
so very hot
i can't imagine being a firefighter and hiking to those mountain fires
carrying all that stuff
Oldmotherhubbard  (OP)

United States
06/29/2012 11:41 AM
Report Abusive Post

I saw that really crazy. Driving home Monday there were trees blocking 64 and 295. Some roads in our subdivision were completely blocked.

Seems henrico has been rocked this year. Last year we (south chesterfield) got rocked a lot!

[link to www.flickr.com]

Oldmotherhubbard  (OP)

United States
06/29/2012 11:42 AM
Report Abusive Post

Current US fires

in page county

there's a mention here (the one in shenandoah national park is page county, the other is massanutten):
[link to vasmokeybear.blogspot.com]

so hot in virginia today
so very hot
i can't imagine being a firefighter and hiking to those mountain fires
carrying all that stuff

I can't either. Heat index here is to be 115 or hotter.

CriticalThinking

User ID: 3384805
United States
06/29/2012 11:42 AM
Report Abusive Post

Current US fires

Seems these fires have been over looked due to Obamacare yesterday. Utah had six break out in 5 days in one mountain range... you may have seen my thread on them, but if not it is here.

Thread: Eight wildfires spark in Utah in less than one week! 169,000 acres burned in 6 days!

Thanks for the national fire map, I had not known of it.

5 stars and suggested pin to hopefully raise awareness on this "pandemic". Natural? Terrorist? Pre-cursor to a false flag somehow? Just seems 100% fishy to me.
Oldmotherhubbard  (OP)

United States
06/29/2012 11:43 AM
Report Abusive Post

Current US fires

Seems these fires have been over looked due to Obamacare yesterday. Utah had six break out in 5 days in one mountain range... you may have seen my thread on them, but if not it is here.

Thread: Eight wildfires spark in Utah in less than one week! 169,000 acres burned in 6 days!

Thanks for the national fire map, I had not known of it.

5 stars and suggested pin to hopefully raise awareness on this "pandemic". Natural? Terrorist? Pre-cursor to a false flag somehow? Just seems 100% fishy to me.
 Quoting: CriticalThinking

Thanks, no I hadn't seen that thread.

I agree all seems strange at the least.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1080388
United States
06/29/2012 11:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
[link to www.liveleak.com]
radical muslims trained to start
fires, implant bombs surgically in dogs

[link to www.nypost.com]

Coincidence? I know one thing if I see anyone in caftan or
Shemagh smoking a cigerette, I'm gonna go all Dorothy of Oz on them.

GLP