Jerichofall
Offer Upgrade

User ID: 16493366
Australia
11/22/2012 07:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
The truth about the RAPTURE.....
The notion of a rapture of Christians has taken on a life of its own. However, if you read Jesus in Matthew and Revelation alone, you find the one and only rapture. It leaves Christians behind to inherit the earth. This is because Jesus and Revelation only speak of a rapture of evildoers.

Jesus twice and Revelation once says that when Jesus returns the evil are raptured out of the earth first, leaving behind the Christians. First, in Matthew 24:37-42, Jesus taught when He comes, it will be like in the days of Noah when the "flood came and took them [i.e., evildoers] all away." It is in that context Jesus says one will be taken and another left. The verb taken regarding the person at the mill is the same word as in the flood...took them all away. Just as the flood took all the evildoers away first, so will the evildoers be plucked out of the earth first and taken away at the Second Coming. Thus, Matthew 24:37-42 intends the reader to understand by a paralellism that the true Christian is left behind. The evildoers are the ones taken.
What helps confirm this is the Hebrew Matthew -- the oldest version of Matthew upon which the modern Greek translation was built. It has a variant that confirms Matthew 24:40 is talking of the rapture of evildoers, not Christians. See this link.

Furthermore, Jesus more clearly in Matthew ch. 13 made this identical point of rapturing evildoers first. This starts out as the Parable of the Wheat and the Tares. When the angels come with Him in the clouds, they are careful to not take the wheat first (i.e., the Christians on earth). Instead, the command will go forth: "Gather up first the tares [i.e., evildoers]...to burn them." (Matt. 13:30.) Jesus then explains the parable's meaning: Jesus says this is precisely what will happen when the Son of Man returns. The evildoers will be taken first and then the wheat (Christians on earth) are gathered into God's barn. (Matt. 13:40.)
This precisely matches the Book of Revelation. Jesus' Second Coming is at Revelation 14:1 (standing on Mount Zion with the 144,00 Christian saints who endured the beast on earth). Then in Revelation 14:14, Jesus is up in the clouds hovering over the earth. It is then that Jesus puts forth a great sickle from the clouds to remove all the evildoers for punishment.
14And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.15And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe. 16And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped..... 19And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God. 20And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs. (Rev. 14:14-20 KJV.)
Are the Christians already gone when the evildoers are removed? Absolutely not. They are on Mount Zion on earth in Revelation 14:1 when this happens. There is no rapture of Christians in Revelation at the Second Coming. Instead, Christians inherit the earth. Those Christians alive then will inherit the earth, and Christ will begin his reign over them at Zion.
Thus, Jesus twice and Revelation once says the rapture is first of evildoers at Jesus' Second Coming. (Matt. 13:30-40; Matt. 24:37-42; Rev. 14:1-4; 14-20.) Christians are left behind in the place where Christ is coming so as to greet Him: Earth.
The same principle appears repeatedly in Hebrew Scripture. The evil are to be removed, leaving the righteous behind to inherit the earth.
Ps 37:9-11 (KJV) "For evildoers shall be cut off; but those who wait on the LORD, they shall inherit the earth. For yet a little while and the wicked shall be no more; indeed, you will look carefully for his place, but it shall be no more. But the meek shall inherit the earth, and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace."
Prov 2:21-22 "For the upright will dwell in the land, and the blameless will remain in it; But the wicked will be cut off from the earth, and the unfaithful will be uprooted from it."
Prov 10:30 "The righteous will never be removed, but the wicked will not inhabit the earth."
Matt 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Amos 8:11  Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

Ruth 1:1 Now it came to pass in the days when the judges ruled, that there was a famine in the land.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19271799
Canada
11/22/2012 07:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: The truth about the RAPTURE.....
Thank you

I tire of reading about all the rapture nonsense.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1106916
United States
11/22/2012 07:42 AM
Report Abusive Post
Hi Daniel!

Love you brother, but the rapture is true.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28264554
United Kingdom
11/22/2012 07:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
bsmeter2
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19027718
Canada
11/22/2012 07:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
I thought the parable of the Wheat and the Tares was about coexisting with evil in life.

Like "why does God allow evil?" he meant a farmer will only do one harvest because two harvest is a wasted effort.

On harvest day he will separate them.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28264554
United Kingdom
11/22/2012 07:46 AM
Report Abusive Post
By the way, just to clear things up, if you want to know the truth about The Rapture: It's a lot of baloney, like the rest of the Christian religion.

FYI
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21656968
United States
Report Abusive Post
Hi Daniel!

Love you brother, but the rapture is true.
 Quoting: Lisa*Lisa

The Rapture is Escapeism fiction from lukewarm christstains.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1212477
United States
Report Abusive Post
I no longer believe in any pre-tribulation or mid-tribulation get out of jail free card. People can believe that if they want. I do not find the belief offensive, just very unwise. However, I do take very strong offense at Christians who believe in the pre or mid-trib rapture who criticize other Christians who do not hold this belief. We should not argue about this. We have far more important things to concern ourselves with like, hey, The Good News.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27999563
United States
11/22/2012 07:48 AM
Report Abusive Post
I have not heard about the rapture from this angle before.
Jerichofall  (OP)

Australia
11/22/2012 07:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
It should bother us that the pre-trib rapture was a theology put together by 33rd degree Mason John Nelson Darby. Have a look at this:

Pre-tribulation rapture theology was developed in the 1830s by John Nelson Darby and the Plymouth Brethren,[9] and popularized in the United States in the early 20th century by the wide circulation of the Scofield Reference Bible.[10]

As there was no Christian teaching of a “rapture” before Darby began preaching about it in the 1830s[citation needed], he is sometimes credited with originating the "secret rapture" theory wherein Christ will suddenly remove His bride, the Church, from this world before the judgments of the tribulation. Some claim that this book was the origin of the idea of the "rapture." Dispensationalist beliefs about the fate of the Jews and the re-establishment of the Kingdom of Israel put dispensationalists at the forefront of Christian Zionism, because "God is able to graft them in again," and they believe that in His grace he will do so according to their understanding of Old Testament prophecy. They believe that, while the ways of God may change, His purposes to bless Israel will never be forgotten, just as He has shown unmerited favour to the Church, He will do so to a remnant of Israel to fulfill all the promises made to the genetic seed of Abraham.

[link to www.macquirelatory.com]

Remember - as in the days of Noah - Noah and his family were the only ones left on the earth, not taken away. The wicked were taken.
Matt 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Amos 8:11  Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

Ruth 1:1 Now it came to pass in the days when the judges ruled, that there was a famine in the land.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 19027718
Canada
11/22/2012 07:53 AM
Report Abusive Post
I no longer believe in any pre-tribulation or mid-tribulation get out of jail free card. People can believe that if they want. I do not find the belief offensive, just very unwise. However, I do take very strong offense at Christians who believe in the pre or mid-trib rapture who criticize other Christians who do not hold this belief. We should not argue about this. We have far more important things to concern ourselves with like, hey, The Good News.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1212477

Remember he didn't appoint you to the day of wrath.

With that in mind, you'll be fine no matter what.
Stefan Parlow

User ID: 1068734
Austria
11/22/2012 07:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
Detailed information given by Jesus Christ about the ascension (1. ascension wave will be the rapture).

Read chapter 12 if you are really interested in that matter:

[link to christus-spricht.com]
I am a mystic. My homepage is also in English
[link to christus-spricht.com (secure)]

download book: about December 29, it will be available via my homepage. A little bit later also via online-bookstores a softcover.

More than 500 visions,channelings and mystical experiences given by JESUS CHRIST!
Jerichofall  (OP)

Australia
11/22/2012 07:58 AM
Report Abusive Post
John 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

Keep in mind, being kept from evil can and does mean being protected here on earth, not taken in to outer space or heaven. I hope that makes sense, and I think for a lot of us we've actually seen that happen, either in small or large doses. Praise out Father, many need prayers.

Take up your cross and be ready for tribulation. The meek will inherit the earth, as will the saints. God did not make the earth for the wicked, but for His children.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 14286934
United States
11/22/2012 07:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
Jesus came to me in a vision and told me the rapture was near, but to not be afraid for he was with me. Ill go with the vision I was given over any word of man, but thanks anywaysafro
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/22/2012 08:08 AM
Report Abusive Post
Daniel, please look up the root words of one taken and one left. It's the opposite of what you're thinking. Look up the Greek that is used in the original scriptures.

I studied this a while back, and the truth is in the rapture of the righteous, but it does not happen until the 7th trump.

You're on the wrong track my brother, similar to your thoughts about Paul being a false apostle. That is also incorrect.

The righteous taken out of harms way.

1 Thess. 4;15-18
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 21656968
United States
11/22/2012 08:12 AM
Report Abusive Post

1 Thess. 4;15-18

Escapisim Fiction of Lukewarm ChristStains.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/22/2012 08:15 AM
Report Abusive Post
Think of Lot, when his city was going to be destroyed by fire, an angel came and took them out before it happened......it was a rescue mission. Same thing will happen at the 7th trump.

The earth is going to be destroyed by fire. We will be taken out before that happens, same as Lot.

In the days of Noah, the earth was not destroyed, just flooded. It's going to be completely different in the end. There will be a new earth because the old one will be burned.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28068484
United States
11/22/2012 08:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
What abouvt Pauls writing in 1 Thes?
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/22/2012 08:18 AM
Report Abusive Post
Daniel, check your PM box.
JAY9000

User ID: 28151278
United Kingdom
11/22/2012 08:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
Ron Reese isnt hiding here ...is he ??
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1149868
Germany
11/22/2012 08:28 AM
Report Abusive Post

1 Thess. 4;15-18

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21656968

+1
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/22/2012 08:38 AM
Report Abusive Post

1 Thess. 4;15-18

+1
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1149868

His faithful children do escape His wrath, but possibly endure some tribulation first.

I suggest you get on the winning team.

hf
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1212477
United States
11/22/2012 09:11 AM
Report Abusive Post

1 Thess. 4;15-18

+1

His faithful children do escape His wrath, but possibly endure some tribulation first.

hf

He said lukewarm Christians. He may be a real Christian. You need to stop spreading pre-trib and mid-trib nonsense. There is not enough evidence for it, and when the time comes if people are not prepared they could cave.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28272475
Ireland
11/22/2012 09:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
I am glad that you are deceived.
Anonymous Coward
Ireland
11/22/2012 09:14 AM
Report Abusive Post
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Revelation 3:16
Anonymous Coward
Ireland
11/22/2012 09:16 AM
Report Abusive Post
And like you would know anything about Righteousness. Ha, how absurd. You are a Lutheran lawless apostate anti-Christ who's Lord is Saul.

Your kind will hear this.

Matthew 7:21-23

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/22/2012 09:18 AM
Report Abusive Post

+1

hf

He said lukewarm Christians. He may be a real Christian. You need to stop spreading pre-trib and mid-trib nonsense. There is not enough evidence for it, and when the time comes if people are not prepared they could cave.

I"m not Pre-trib, mid-trib or post-trib. I'm 7th trumpet trib because that's what it says in the Bible. It's written clear for anyone to read and understand. That is the truth, at the 7th trumpet the righteous will be taken out and then the wrath comes.
Anonymous Coward
Ireland
11/22/2012 09:20 AM
Report Abusive Post

+1

hf

I"m not Pre-trib, mid-trib or post-trib. I'm 7th trumpet trib because that's what it says in the Bible. It's written clear for anyone to read and understand. That is the truth, at the 7th trumpet the righteous will be taken out and then the wrath comes.

You weren't a while ago. You were one of the ones who never shut up about the rapture. You are the kind of 'Christian' who expects a free-ticket to heaven and who doesn't need to do anything. Can't see you being martyred for Christ, you will probably deny him before men to save your hide.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1149868
Germany
11/22/2012 09:24 AM
Report Abusive Post

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28272475

This sentence is ignored by most christians.
Anonymous Coward
Ireland
11/22/2012 09:25 AM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28272475

This sentence is ignored by most christians.

Yeah, most Christian's are perishing and don't even know it. They believe in false eternal security Lutheran doctrine. Well they will get a nasty surprise.
Anonymous Coward
United States
11/22/2012 09:27 AM
Report Abusive Post
1 John 4:8 "Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love."

God will rescue His children out of here before the earth is destroyed. It's promised in the scriptures OP, just do a full study on it and pray about it.

I hope you find the answer, the correct one.

You have my email address, we can talk there if you want to discuss it further without all the distractions around here.

hf

GLP