Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,678 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 811,793
Pageviews Today: 1,323,632Threads Today: 522Posts Today: 8,215
01:56 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Adopted 3 Kittens....Cuter than Cute, Holy Terrors and I am going to de-claw them..

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 16570544
Australia
05/18/2013 11:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Adopted 3 Kittens....Cuter than Cute, Holy Terrors and I am going to de-claw them..

So you know better than an in-depth, year long study headed by a professor & his team in Australian conditions. Gee you must be a freakin genius. An opinion does not stand up against hard cold facts stupid.

The leader of the study thought his team was getting the figures wrong when he first saw them. Further investigation found that they were in fact a minimum number.
The animals included native birds, lizards, frogs as well as marsupials.
Cats are the number one cause of animal extinctions in Australia.

Your ignorance knows no bounds, you brainless moron.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16570544

I'm in the USA, who cares about Australia? Nothing more impressive than a professor and his team. Wow, that certainly settles the matter. Maybe cats have an easier time of it in Australia, maybe not, but it has not a freaking thing to do with the topic at hand. Would I take such a study at face value? Nope. Don't you have cats to kill psycho?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1593102

Yes I do brainless.

Clearly your a selfish turd who has no love for all creatures, only your disease carrying murdering feline.
Your argument is contradictory.
No point in arguing with a someone who's mentally deficient. Excuse the big words, I've kept it as simple as possible, either google or ask someone who doesn't wear a helmet on the bus.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 16570544

Don't they have free mental healthcare in Australia? You might want to avail yourself of it. Taking pleasure in the pain of a small animal (for whatever concocted reason) is not a sign of health my friend.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1593102

Yes we do & that's why I'm so well! America doesn't & that speaks for itself.

Alright I've had my fun. I catch cats & take them to the pound [cat/dog shelter]. If responsible owners have them chipped they are reunited after paying a fine.I rarely see them outside again. If I'm asked if Those who aren't are found new homes if unclaimed [95%, but I guess that's another FACT you will choose to ignore].

Your responses, although entertaining, prove that your completely uninterested in how YOUR actions impede on other people & other living creatures. You make it up as you go along. Although I was having a laugh at your expense, I didn't say I took 'pleasure' in the pain of an animal, but why let the FACTS get in the way of your emotive reaction?

Relax & take a powder, no cat has been fed to any dogs.

Cat owners, if you truly love animals great & small, then please consider ALL living creatures & keep your cats contained. I've actually helped three neighbours erect large outside cat enclosures with 'cat doors' giving them access to the outdoors.

Please excuse my shock tactics.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 29615201
New Zealand
05/18/2013 11:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Adopted 3 Kittens....Cuter than Cute, Holy Terrors and I am going to de-claw them..
Vets declaw in different ways. Some ways are painful, others are not. Take less claw out leaves greater chance of them re-growing, but is much less painful, worth the risk. Glue instead of stitches. I've seen cats quite comfortable shortly after op.

I bloody wish I could find someone in NZ who would declaw - train on a scratch post my ass.
dpepper
User ID: 40061657
United States
05/18/2013 11:48 PM
Report Abusive Post
If I may...someone posted to cut beyond the quick of
the nails.....
You do NOT cut beyond the quick...just use common
sense like trimming your own nails.

You take human fingernail clippers and clip the sharp
edge off the claw....to keep the claw blunt but otherwise
intact and useful to the cat.
Do NOT cut beyond the quick...that would be very painful
to anyone.
Start the kittens young on trimming off sharp edge of
claw so they get used to it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 36028555
United States
05/18/2013 11:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
NOOO!!!!ohno
Do not declaw, please. This is the same as having your fingers cut off at the knuckle just before your fingernail.

It is cruel and seriously maims the animal.verysad
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21977565

I agree. And God forbid the animals ever get loose or need to get rehomed, they have no way to protest themselves. Train the kittens to get used to getting their nails clipped and provide scratching objects just for them. Purchase one of those rubber mats somewhere, kitties love them!
Catseye

User ID: 77082714
Dominican Republic
04/07/2019 08:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
NOOO!!!!ohno
Do not declaw, please. This is the same as having your fingers cut off at the knuckle just before your fingernail.

It is cruel and seriously maims the animal.verysad
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 21977565

Why do you say that??? I had my kitty Zorro de-clawed when he was about 2 yrs and he licked his paws for about 2 weeks then he was fine....The Vet said they are under anesthesia when they do it and then they give them a pain ointment for the paw and they feel very little distress...I would never want them to go through any trauma with this ...
 Quoting: christian

very little distress? how would you like to wake up and be missing half your fingers?
Forgive your enemies, it messes with their heads.

Thoughts create, mind them well.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 51841233
United States
04/07/2019 08:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Squirt bottle
Scratching posts
Jute rugs

Do not rip their fingers off please!
Train them.
Terrebonne

User ID: 2618651
United States
04/07/2019 09:09 PM

Report Abusive Post
If you want a Cat without claws, why not get a Snake since they have no legs.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 40015339

It's only the front paws and it keeps the furniture intact....

8 Reasons Why Declawing Is Bad (And What to Do Instead)

Scratching is kitty’s natural behavior. Many people believe cats scratch only to sharpen their nails, but that is not the sole reason. Cats have scent glands on their paws so when they scratch something, they are marking it as their own. Scratching helps them remain in excellent form, get exercise, stretch their agile bodies, and relieve stress from their bodies.

[link to www.meowsnpaws.com (secure)]

INFJ; We are the protectors.
Regal Beast

User ID: 76706431
United States
04/07/2019 09:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Your cats will never be able to defend themselves.

De-clawing should be outlawed.

Give them something to scratch on. They sell scratch things at pet stores.

Last Edited by TexasPaleo on 04/07/2019 09:30 PM
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 36117322
Canada
04/07/2019 09:29 PM
Report Abusive Post
Oh for fuck sake buy a damn scratching post and train them to use it. WTF is wrong with you? Declawed? Oh your poor precious fucking furniture. Cheezuss WTF. PISS OFF.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 30369150

I bought 4 scratch posts. A cat tree and wood ..

Bastard still claws my klipschs
Regal Beast

User ID: 76706431
United States
04/07/2019 09:31 PM
Report Abusive Post
My friend de-clawed her cat when it was young and regrets it 10 years later.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 77453607
United States
04/07/2019 09:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
I will give it some thought before I decide to declaw.....

For now I will just have them spayed....

Will do more research on the topic....

Good for you. Scratching posts really do engage them.
[link to m.petmd.com (secure)]
janedoenut

User ID: 73547806
United States
04/07/2019 09:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
I will give it some thought before I decide to declaw.....

For now I will just have them spayed....

Will do more research on the topic....

Good, thank you.

Scratching post
Squirt bottle
Effort

Last Edited by janedoenut on 04/07/2019 09:41 PM
“If you'll let me tell you what I imagine about myself, you'll find it a lot more interesting” –Anne Shirley

"Seemingly your father nor mother taught you that as a man, it's your job to protect and provide for women and lead strong families. As men, had you done your job, you wouldn't be living in a matriarchal society." - Janedoenut, 2018
Don't let them outside
User ID: 77345166
United States
04/07/2019 09:39 PM
Report Abusive Post
If you declaw DO NOT let them outside.

They will have no way to defend themselves.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 35827096
United States
04/07/2019 09:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Please don't declaw them. It's like having your fingernails pulled out. Get them something scratch on and problem solved.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 77539104
Singapore
04/07/2019 09:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
BAN flipoffOP FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH

GIVE shitstreamOP AS MUCH RED AS YOU CAN

FUCK YOU flipoffOP, go drown in a bathtub for even contemplating declawing you shit eating whore
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 77539092
United States
04/07/2019 09:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
Please do not declaw the kittens. Most vets won't even do the procedure any more.

TRAIN the kittens young to accept clipping their nails. Isn't that what most people are doing now? Keeping the sharp edges blunt?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 77443432
United States
04/07/2019 09:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
All my cats from young I trained to have a "maintenance" mode. I pick them up and put them on their back, cradling them like a baby. Then I grab each and every toe on their paws and tug and pull on them. I then check their ribs, tummy, and lastly I pull back their lips and inspect their teeth. After, they get a treat.

They don't like this at first, but they'll tolerate it. It quickly becomes routine and they don't mind after, usually working up a good purr during the session. Makes trimming the nails a snap.

Get a good trimmer with a guard so you don't cut the nail too close.
BilTroN
User ID: 74339049
United States
04/07/2019 09:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
If you want a Cat without claws, why not get a Snake since they have no legs.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 40015339

It's only the front paws and it keeps the furniture intact....

without their claws they will start to bite as a way to defend themselves
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 75567059
United States
04/07/2019 09:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Holy crap folks look at the date the threads are created...

This one is nearly 6 years old...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 57897053
United States
04/07/2019 09:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
them poor babies
verysad
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/07/2019 09:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
All my cats from young I trained to have a "maintenance" mode. I pick them up and put them on their back, cradling them like a baby. Then I grab each and every toe on their paws and tug and pull on them. I then check their ribs, tummy, and lastly I pull back their lips and inspect their teeth. After, they get a treat.

They don't like this at first, but they'll tolerate it. It quickly becomes routine and they don't mind after, usually working up a good purr during the session. Makes trimming the nails a snap.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 77443432

^^this

The people I know w/cats, use the large, people nail clippers and just nip the sharp ends.
Pilgrim001

User ID: 77021014
United States
04/07/2019 09:58 PM

Report Abusive Post
After a year of loosing my precious little baby Zorro to cancer, my husband had a friend who's cat gave birth to 3 Kitty's and he needed to find them a home...

They were living in the Barn with there Mother and really no human contact, only when the owner came in to feed them...

At any rate we decided to take them, only wanted 2 at the most, but they were all bonded to each other....

Names:
Tabby Kitty is "Sammy"
Orange Kitty is *Orange Ruffy*
Tan and White Kitty is "Taffy*

Sammy has really warmed up and does not mind being held very playful, Orange Ruffy has just started coming around but Taffy runs anytime I get close to her, hopefully she will also come around...

The Vet said I could have them spayed and de-clawed at the same time when they are about 5 months, that seems awful young to me, they are still so little....

They will be indoor cats, so just wanted to share my Kitty News...

goodnewsgoodnewsbyekittybyekittybyekittybyekittybyekitty

It is WRONG to declaw a cat.
I don't have the time or the crayons to explain this to you.

Slake Blake
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 77394892
United States
04/07/2019 09:59 PM
Report Abusive Post
They are not declawed. The digits are amputated, their paws are deformed and disfigured, and they can never walk without pain or defend themselves ever again.

They would be better off living as barn cats.

Please do not do it.

wall
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 32062218

^^THIS!^^ I have had a few cats in my day and never once have I had any declawed. It really is like losing your first knuckle. How would you like that done to you? Talk about torture!

cattheend
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/07/2019 10:00 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 77443432

^^this

The people I know w/cats, use the large, people nail clippers and just nip the sharp ends.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 77539092

Thats exactly what I do. I snip the ends off so they aren't sharp. That doesn't hurt them as long as you don't clip too far down.
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/07/2019 10:03 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: WOLF*

OMG! You're right! They are 6 years old now.

I wonder what happened to the kittens?

sigh
catnahalf
Deplorables assemble

User ID: 71790446
United States
04/07/2019 10:03 PM

Report Abusive Post
Do not declaw them its extremely painful the kitty litter will get in their wounded paws and become a deterrent to potty traing. It also greatly increases the chance of infection. They need to be able to defend themselves.
Even barn kitties will domesticate with love and attention. Make sure they have a good scratching post on a cat tower buy a feather stick and spend time playing with them they will bond with you quicker.
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/07/2019 10:05 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: WOLF*

OMG! You're right! They are 6 years old now.

I wonder what happened to the kittens?

sigh
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 77394892

LOL! Where is OP and the kittens?
Anonymous Coward
United States
04/07/2019 10:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
OLD THREAD! Cats are 6 years old now.
janedoenut

User ID: 73547806
United States
04/07/2019 10:12 PM
Report Abusive Post
Someone PM OP and request an update!

Last Edited by janedoenut on 04/07/2019 10:14 PM
“If you'll let me tell you what I imagine about myself, you'll find it a lot more interesting” –Anne Shirley

"Seemingly your father nor mother taught you that as a man, it's your job to protect and provide for women and lead strong families. As men, had you done your job, you wouldn't be living in a matriarchal society." - Janedoenut, 2018
panther0621

User ID: 27944307
United States
04/07/2019 10:19 PM

Report Abusive Post
God put the claws there, that's where they should stay.

Don't mutilate the animals......it's cruel. You wouldn't want anyone to rip out your fingernails.....that's what you're going to do to them.

I really hope you reconsider...please.

hf
 Quoting: Lisa*Lisa

Now I feel guilty Lisa...:(

I love you, but I'll be honest at the same time. You should feel guilty about mutilating these kitties.

You can train them, it just takes some time and effort, but it will be worth it.

Don't rob your kitties of what comes natural to them, which is to scratch. You can get a scratching pole for them and allow them to be what God intended them to be.

Please reconsider my sister.

hf
 Quoting: Lisa*Lisa

I will Lisa..I promise not to declaw.. I will talk to my Vet about just having there nail clipped every so often...

Thank you!

Love and hugs!

grouphug

I am so glad you decided this. just give them places and things to claw on. teach them young and you will have no problems

GLP