Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,418 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 246,339
Pageviews Today: 428,335Threads Today: 214Posts Today: 3,018
05:04 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Entomologist films terrifying encounter with giant yellow jacket nest — as tall as a man

Rachael123

User ID: 837564
United States
06/25/2013 03:15 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Entomologist films terrifying encounter with giant yellow jacket nest — as tall as a man
[link to www.nydailynews.com]
‘This is the largest nest I've ever seen in my entire life. I've been doing this for over 20 years. They're all over me,’ says Jonathan Simkins. Luckily he was wearing a sting-proof suit.

The Southern Yellow Jacket nest towered more than 6 feet, five inches tall and 8 feet wide. WFLA

The Southern Yellow Jacket nest found in the woods of Central Florida towered more than 6 feet, five inches tall and 8 feet wide. Not everything in the South emits southern hospitality as chilling video taken by a death-defying entomologist reveals.

The terrifying encounter between a Central Florida entomologist and a Southern Yellow Jacket nest towering more than 6 feet, five inches tall and 8 feet wide has been captured on film showing the man narrowly escaping with his life.

"I have never seen a nest this large in my entire life," said Jonathan Simkins while harrowingly filming his recent encounter in a protective full-body suit. "This is the prehistoric nest from the dinosaur ages."

In the video obtained by WFLA Simkins estimates he had come upon thousands of queens and millions of workers.

Those workers being Southern Yellow Jackets are at all times poised and ready to attack within 2-3 seconds' of provocation, he explained.

Jonathan Simkins has been working in the industry for more than twenty years but said he's never seen anything like this. WFLA

Last Edited by Rachael123 on 06/25/2013 03:18 PM
Rachael123  (OP)

User ID: 837564
United States
06/25/2013 03:28 PM

Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Entomologist films terrifying encounter with giant yellow jacket nest — as tall as a man
Watching this made my skin crawl.

GLP