Offer Upgrade

User ID: 46357440
United States
01/14/2014 01:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Death With Dignity and why TPTB Promote Religion and Discourage Suicide
Why were religions really created?

Why have the been used by those in power to manipulate and control the populous since societies formed and civilizations began?

I mean, any rational person can look at organized religions and their interconnectedness with secular governments and know without question that these religions exist for no other reason than to subjugate and enslave millions of people.

I have been watching a documentary about Oregon's assisted suicide/death with dignity laws and listening to the people chronicled in the film has made me think a lot about why suicide is so culturally stigmatized and why governments need religions to keep their sheeple in line.

These people, who have had the legal right to opt of their pain and suffering at their leisure have regained total control of themselves and their souls. Even those who choose not to follow through with euthanasia but who have the drugs that will end their lives painlessly and with dignity in their possession seem to possess a freedom that most humans only dream of - even as they suffer from various painful and debilitating terminal illnesses.

Religion is used to keep people in line, to give them a healthy fear that whatever happens after they die may be worse than whatever hell they are suffering here. That if they willfully leave this realm, they will be condemned to an eternity of suffering. That the best they can hope for in all of existence is to be a slave in this life and a servant in the next.

It makes people pliable, docile, easy to control by ingraining in their psyche from their earliest memory that the don't truly own themselves - that they are someone or something else's property.

These people, who know that they can choose to end their suffering on this plane, without pain and without judgement, seem to be more at peace and less like sheep than any people I have ever observed. They know they belong to no one but themselves. That both their body and their soul are theirs and theirs alone to do with as they please, when they please, and if they so choose.

Can you imagine a society full of people who knew this? They would be sheeple no more, and TPTB knows this.

They want us to feel owned, from the cradle to the grave, to take whatever they dish out because we HAVE NO VIABLE ALTERNATIVE.

Can you imagine how difficult it would be to control a million workers if you knew that if you pushed them too far, they just might not be there tomorrow? They might all simply opt out and end this existence - painlessly. That THEY owned themselves and their fate and they knew it? You may think a little bit more about how you treated them if you knew they might not be there tomorrow.

Look, for example, at China, where Apple has had to install nets around buildings to prevent people from jumping off. They can't even KILL themselves. They have no alternative to getting up every morning and being cogs in the corporate machine.

I think EVERYBODY should have the right to have in their cupboard an easy way out. I think that government's created religion and religious guilt to keep their slaves enslaved and from escaping this existence on their own terms. It is the taboo of death, the fear of eternal punishment, that keeps the good little sheep in line. It's the idea that we are owned by a big bad sky daddy who will be very VERY disappointed in us if we refuse to be slaves that keeps us slaves in the first place.

It's all a lie.

They don't want us dead because it takes time to grow the next generation of workers.

That's it.
Em18966  (OP)

United States
01/14/2014 01:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Death With Dignity and why TPTB Promote Religion and Discourage Suicide
bump
Em18966  (OP)

United States
01/14/2014 03:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Looks like judges are catching up with basic morality:

"New Mexico is set to become the fifth US state where doctors are allowed to aid the death of terminally ill patients after a landmark court ruling.

This court cannot envision a right more fundamental, more private or more integral to the liberty, safety and happiness of a New Mexican than the right of a competent, terminally ill patient to choose aid in dying,” Judge Nan G. Nash of the Second District Court in Albuquerque wrote in her ruling.

"If decisions made in the shadow of one's imminent death regarding how they and their loved ones will face that death are not fundamental and at the core of these constitutional guarantees, than what decisions are?"

The decision came after a two-day hearing of a case brought by two doctors on behalf of Aja Riggs, a 49-year-old uterine cancer patient, who is currently in remission, but wants a lethal injection if her condition worsens.

“I don’t want to suffer needlessly at the end,” Riggs told the court during one of the sessions.

As of now, assisting a suicide within state borders is a fourth-degree felony, and could lead to 18 months in jail and a fine of up to $5,000, according to a law passed in 1963.

The plaintiffs, supported by nationwide advocacy groups, argued that the law did not apply to medical conditions.

The judge rejected the argument, but agreed that the ability to end one’s life as desired was a “fundamental right.” "

[link to rt.com]
Anonymous Coward
01/14/2014 03:18 PM
Report Abusive Post
[Reserves personal thoughts on matter out of respect for the potentially weak of heart.]
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 52713378
United States
01/14/2014 03:20 PM
Report Abusive Post
Just more nanny-state laws. Nobody should take away your right to die as you wish.
javierruizleon

User ID: 50237388
United States
01/14/2014 03:23 PM
Report Abusive Post
"Know ye not that ye are a temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man destroyeth the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, and such are ye."

1 Corinthians 3:16-17
Genesis-Acts,Hebrews-Revelation to, you know who
Romans-Philemon to the Church
Mid-Acts Pauline Dispensational Right Division
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/14/2014 03:24 PM
Report Abusive Post
"Know ye not that ye are a temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man destroyeth the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, and such are ye."

Quoting: javierruizleon

There is an intelligent response. Can't you articulate your own thoughts? Or do you simply regurgitate ancient literature?
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/14/2014 03:25 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: javierruizleon

And why should you care if someone prefers to die with dignity? What if they aren't believers in your religion? Are laws required simply because you don't approve?
tiger1

User ID: 17935593
United States
01/14/2014 03:28 PM

Report Abusive Post
Doctors should heal people, not kill people.
Praise God from Whom all Blessings flow !!!
May Truth Set Us Free!

User ID: 48703193
United States
01/14/2014 03:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
I agree with everything you have just stated. It doesn't get much more obvious when you look at everything without the wool over your eyes.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 52229603
United States
01/14/2014 03:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
If everybody killed themselves who would be their slaves?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28126922
United States
01/14/2014 03:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Why were religions really created?

Why have the been used by those in power to manipulate and control the populous since societies formed and civilizations began?

I mean, any rational person can look at organized religions and their interconnectedness with secular governments and know without question that these religions exist for no other reason than to subjugate and enslave millions of people.

I have been watching a documentary about Oregon's assisted suicide/death with dignity laws and listening to the people chronicled in the film has made me think a lot about why suicide is so culturally stigmatized and why governments need religions to keep their sheeple in line.

These people, who have had the legal right to opt of their pain and suffering at their leisure have regained total control of themselves and their souls. Even those who choose not to follow through with euthanasia but who have the drugs that will end their lives painlessly and with dignity in their possession seem to possess a freedom that most humans only dream of - even as they suffer from various painful and debilitating terminal illnesses.

Religion is used to keep people in line, to give them a healthy fear that whatever happens after they die may be worse than whatever hell they are suffering here. That if they willfully leave this realm, they will be condemned to an eternity of suffering. That the best they can hope for in all of existence is to be a slave in this life and a servant in the next.

It makes people pliable, docile, easy to control by ingraining in their psyche from their earliest memory that the don't truly own themselves - that they are someone or something else's property.

These people, who know that they can choose to end their suffering on this plane, without pain and without judgement, seem to be more at peace and less like sheep than any people I have ever observed. They know they belong to no one but themselves. That both their body and their soul are theirs and theirs alone to do with as they please, when they please, and if they so choose.

Can you imagine a society full of people who knew this? They would be sheeple no more, and TPTB knows this.

They want us to feel owned, from the cradle to the grave, to take whatever they dish out because we HAVE NO VIABLE ALTERNATIVE.

Can you imagine how difficult it would be to control a million workers if you knew that if you pushed them too far, they just might not be there tomorrow? They might all simply opt out and end this existence - painlessly. That THEY owned themselves and their fate and they knew it? You may think a little bit more about how you treated them if you knew they might not be there tomorrow.

Look, for example, at China, where Apple has had to install nets around buildings to prevent people from jumping off. They can't even KILL themselves. They have no alternative to getting up every morning and being cogs in the corporate machine.

I think EVERYBODY should have the right to have in their cupboard an easy way out. I think that government's created religion and religious guilt to keep their slaves enslaved and from escaping this existence on their own terms. It is the taboo of death, the fear of eternal punishment, that keeps the good little sheep in line. It's the idea that we are owned by a big bad sky daddy who will be very VERY disappointed in us if we refuse to be slaves that keeps us slaves in the first place.

It's all a lie.

They don't want us dead because it takes time to grow the next generation of workers.

That's it.
 Quoting: Em18966

You are forgiven.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28126922
United States
01/14/2014 03:36 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 52229603

Robots, computerized technology, AI, etc.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11181373
Canada
01/14/2014 03:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 52229603

Robots, computerized technology, AI, etc.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 28126922

Even at this point robots arent good enough to replace our minds yet. The human brain granted might not process numbers as fast as a super computer, but it can problem solve which is something weve just basically started teaching computers to do.

itll be at least 500 years before AI becomes concious and can think for itself.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 49531429
United States
01/14/2014 03:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
interesting discussion.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 52197375
United States
01/14/2014 03:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
You're worth more alive. They can't bill you after death.
No joke.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 11181373
Canada
01/14/2014 03:42 PM
Report Abusive Post
Im ready to commit seppuku when the come for me. I wont give them the satisfaction they are after
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 49531429
United States
01/14/2014 03:45 PM
Report Abusive Post
[Reserves personal thoughts on matter out of respect for the potentially weak of heart.]
 Quoting: Mister Obvious

M.O. holding back her thoughts?

:kramerwhoa:
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 52923735
Germany
01/14/2014 03:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
Excellent thread!

clappa
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 52574445
United States
01/14/2014 03:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sometimes people choosing to take their own lives can cause a larger problem for themselves and their loved one by a botched suicide attempt. It can totally drain the caretakers bank accounts and steal their lives having to care for their invalid relative around the clock for the next 15 years.

I know of a family this happened to...has nothing to do with religion.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 49438431
United States
01/14/2014 03:54 PM
Report Abusive Post
Sometimes people choosing to take their own lives can cause a larger problem for themselves and their loved one by a botched suicide attempt. It can totally drain the caretakers bank accounts and steal their lives having to care for their invalid relative around the clock for the next 15 years.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 52574445

Well if there was an assisted suicide...then no botching
Anonymous Coward
01/14/2014 03:55 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: ANHEDONIC

Well...

This discussion/OP hinges mainly on suicide, and my thoughts on the matter don't have anything to do with suicide.
Em18966  (OP)

United States
01/14/2014 03:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: tiger1

Doctors don't have to kill anyone.

Just write the script.

How is it more humane keep someone alive, suffering and in pain, begging for death, when with a signature on a piece of paper you can end their suffering and give them the release they are asking for?

Doctors are supposed to do no harm.

Sometimes, our modern medical intervention ultimately leaves people suffering a fate worse than death. It causes harm while trying to heal.

Sometimes, causing no harm is allowing for death to come in a humane, painless manner.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 52923735
Germany
01/14/2014 04:00 PM
Report Abusive Post
Check this out...
It's all about the narrative.

[link to www.youtube.com]
Em18966  (OP)

United States
01/14/2014 04:01 PM
Report Abusive Post

Well...

This discussion/OP hinges mainly on suicide, and my thoughts on the matter don't have anything to do with suicide.

I think suicide gets a bad rap, though.

I think immense pain, insufferable pain, whether mental or physical, is only felt by the sufferer.

And only he/she should have the right to determine when enough is enough.

We have the tools in our society to allow people to escape this life with dignity and without pain and suffering, but they are withheld from the masses.

I think that we need to have more open discussions on death, so the subject becomes less taboo.

I don't think that one person is stronger or better than another simply because their psyche/spirit/soul/mind/body is better equipped to deal with the pain and and hardships of this life. I think we need to stop stigmatizing those who choose to leave because they want to or because they can't handle it anymore, for whatever reason.
tiger1

United States
01/14/2014 04:02 PM

Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: tiger1

Doctors don't have to kill anyone.

Just write the script.

How is it more humane keep someone alive, suffering and in pain, begging for death, when with a signature on a piece of paper you can end their suffering and give them the release they are asking for?

Doctors are supposed to do no harm.

Sometimes, our modern medical intervention ultimately leaves people suffering a fate worse than death. It causes harm while trying to heal.

Sometimes, causing no harm is allowing for death to come in a humane, painless manner.
 Quoting: Em18966

By writing the script, they are an accessory to murder. What difference does it make as to the method used to kill someone?
Em18966  (OP)

United States
01/14/2014 04:03 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 52574445

Well if there was an assisted suicide...then no botching
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 49438431

Exactly.

People don't survive those drug cocktails, and if they do, you give them some more. It's painless, they go into a coma and their body's shut down.

Why are convicted serial killers on death row guaranteed a better, more painless, more dignified death than your average good person?

I think it's a ridiculous social paradigm.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 2443789
Ireland
01/14/2014 04:04 PM
Report Abusive Post
"They don't want us dead because it takes time to grow the next generation of workers"

profound...
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 51225772
United States
01/14/2014 04:06 PM
Report Abusive Post
Rational people can be religous. I am.

Read up on NDE's OP.
SingleCellOrganism

User ID: 10887564
United States
01/14/2014 04:10 PM
Report Abusive Post
"religion is used to keep us inline"

OK, so it's bad to think morally, because that is 'inline'.

Stealing, lying, cheating, killing, doing drugs, etc., is good!

"they don't want you to commit suicide ...."

So you want to commit suicide then?

"I'm in pain" -> stabs self in neck

Is your point that TPTB want you to live a fruitful and long life? Please clarify.

Alternatively, are you suggesting that working is so horrible that it's worth killing yourself over?

Imagine a world of immoral people who didn't have to work. Wouldn't that be 1000% worse than what we see today?

Marauding bands of lazy sociopaths with no religion ....

Sounds pleasant.

Last Edited by Quadriped on 01/14/2014 04:17 PM
tiger1

United States
01/14/2014 04:11 PM

Report Abusive Post

Well...

I have had 2 friends kill themselves, and another who failed. the 2 that succeeded had no health problems, one was older, and one was 26.The one that was older took an overdose. It destroyed her family.The one that was 26 killed himself to get "back" at his father, who he hated.
The one that failed was only 19 and healthy when he tried. His suicide attempt left him blind, but he is glad he is alive.

So, where will this all stop, or will it. In some other countries, they allow assisted suicide for people with mental problems, because they are "suffering" also. Older people are encouraged by their families to kill themselves. Some younger people view the elderly and disabled as burdens who need to be euthanized. Hitler encouraged legal suicide, and forced euthanasia on thousands of sick, disabled, and elderly people. Then it escalated into other categories of people. Reread history.

GLP