Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 1,874 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 479,429
Pageviews Today: 760,547Threads Today: 313Posts Today: 4,686
08:17 AM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

I just got out of jail because i refused to be breathalyzed for walking down the street. Ask me a question.

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 61163598
United States
08/04/2014 05:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
I just got out of jail because i refused to be breathalyzed for walking down the street. Ask me a question.
I was walking back from the convenience store with 2 unopened forty oz. beers in a reusable sack last night and I got arrested for refusing a "pbt" it says on the police report. Does anyone know what the fuck a "pbt" is? I am guessing some sort of breathalyzer test. I had been drinking yes, but I have lived in so many states and never had a problem walking home from a bar or convenience store, in my opinion the police were glad you weren't driving and had real shit to do.

Anyhow, the police rolled up and basically said they needed to see ID to check it for warrants? I was like WTF. So basically they snap cuffs on me and take me to jail saying I'm being charged with Public Intoxication. Totally cooked up police report to make a long story short. I pleaded guilty to a $65 fine to get out of jail and they tacked on another $75 on the way out the door when they're giving you your shit back.

Turned my dress shoes into a fucking pancake too with their vacuum sealer. I had to make it to work by 1:00 PM. But my point is what is a 'pbt' and it's pretty fucked up to be arrested for walking home and then have to consent, I guess to some sort of sobriety test right across the street from one's apartment building and in refusing to do so is the "technical" reason for them to arrest that person and take them to jail.

I'm like you know what fuck all the local businesses and the convenience store I'm just not buying shit no more. This cop looked me in the eye and after he cuffed me he poured my unopened forties out. I walked by that spot today and he just left the bottles there. I think he should be charged for littering and destruction of personal property. I mean I had to work and pay money for them and they would technically be a grocery item. I'm just going to hole up and save my money to move. I've never felt not safe walking down the street in any place I've lived and had never been to jail. I don't feel safe to walk down the street and it's because of the police.

I know you have to waive your rights and consent to breathalyzer testing to possess your driver's license... but apparently you have additional things you are obligated to apparently have to consent to to walk down the street and that's the part the really bothers me. I basically told the cop I did not consent to any type of search. He also never read me my Miranda Rights when he said I was under arrest, cuffed me and put me in the back of his all black SUV. I thought they still had to do that. There were four other guys down there for the same thing. If I would have fought the charge they set your court day a month later and try to keep you in jail until then so you have to bail out and run back to court and take off work. I am just fucking pissed off about having to give these fuckers $140. I make $7.25 an hour. That's 20 hours of work, money I now don't have for the bills. I told the cop I'm not doing nothing to nobody. What a bunch of fucking pricks.
Iamaka

User ID: 12542783
Canada
08/04/2014 06:35 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: I just got out of jail because i refused to be breathalyzed for walking down the street. Ask me a question.
I completely agree with being pissed off at how the cops handled your situation.

But, if I may ask a serious question... Have you ever considered that you might have a drinking problem?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 35603306
United States
08/04/2014 06:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: I just got out of jail because i refused to be breathalyzed for walking down the street. Ask me a question.
LOL you exist to feed the machine other than that you are useless
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 26646277
United States
08/04/2014 06:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
In libtopia you can smoke weed in a childrens park in Seattle but you can't walk around with a closed beer.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
08/04/2014 07:02 AM
Report Abusive Post
I completely agree with being pissed off at how the cops handled your situation.

But, if I may ask a serious question... Have you ever considered that you might have a drinking problem?

Quoting: Iamaka

Now that you mention it there is a bar, a liquor store, and a convenience store right on that little strip where they "busted" me. If I don't go to those businesses I really don't have any reason to go in that area. So perhaps I have a drinking problem, but it'd didn't become this big a problem until I started getting $140 in fines and locked up. :) Fuck. I literally don't have the money now to drink and all those little businesses won't get my business anymore. What am I supposed to do sit in my apartment and drink alone? Go broke taking a taxi to cross the street and back? Once I get in the habit of saving the money and just hunkering down and getting away from everyone here it will be all the more easier to move. Fuck all this shit. Nanny state motherfuckers still.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
08/04/2014 07:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
In libtopia you can smoke weed in a childrens park in Seattle but you can't walk around with a closed beer.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 26646277

Yup. I hear ya. Here you can't cross the street between your home and the convenience store without getting locked up, your balls busted and fined. One would think any cops that gave a shit would just be like hey buddy are you okay we had a little concern... get ahold of my ID and *see* I am right across the street from my apartment and say we just want to make sure you get home safe and that you can't be out here walking around like that, if I was legitimately as trashed as they claim in their "report". Nope. Gotta be a $75 jail fee and a $65 fine. I still worked both Saturday and Sunday even though I was locked up in between shifts and didn't sleep at all. Sometimes I work 7 days a week at a temp agency too. I pay my fucking taxes. The funny part is that right across the street is another jurisdiction. On my side of the street is a different police department... I told the cop he was a fucking bully. I'm like are you serious? I told him in any other town he would be the laughing stock of the precinct if he pulled this crap. It's still such fucking bullshit.
Iamaka

User ID: 52001786
Canada
08/04/2014 07:21 AM
Report Abusive Post

Now that you mention it there is a bar, a liquor store, and a convenience store right on that little strip where they "busted" me. If I don't go to those businesses I really don't have any reason to go in that area. So perhaps I have a drinking problem, but it'd didn't become this big a problem until I started getting $140 in fines and locked up. :) Fuck. I literally don't have the money now to drink and all those little businesses won't get my business anymore. What am I supposed to do sit in my apartment and drink alone? Go broke taking a taxi to cross the street and back? Once I get in the habit of saving the money and just hunkering down and getting away from everyone here it will be all the more easier to move. Fuck all this shit. Nanny state motherfuckers still.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 61163598

Well, if that's your current path, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask a doctor about what detox is...
BRIEF

User ID: 39607259
United States
08/04/2014 07:22 AM

Report Abusive Post
Ask you a question? OK, will you blow into this?
I never forgive and I never forget

I am a licensed firearm holder. I will, under protection of law, use lethal force if attacked.

Briefcut4892
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 27060088
United States
08/04/2014 07:24 AM
Report Abusive Post
What does one have to blow to be considered PD?
Iamaka

User ID: 52001786
Canada
08/04/2014 07:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: BRIEF

blewmymind
acidlaugh
wtfboom_bbp
cruise2
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
08/04/2014 07:34 AM
Report Abusive Post

1rof1

I was like NO... I'm not driving. I don't don't consent to search. I said if I'm not driving why would I take a breathalyzer...
Iamaka

User ID: 12542783
Canada
08/04/2014 07:37 AM
Report Abusive Post

1rof1

I was like NO... I'm not driving. I don't don't consent to search. I said if I'm not driving why would I take a breathalyzer...

You don't don't?

hmm

...You sound impaired, just sayin'......
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 7195345
United States
08/04/2014 08:25 AM
Report Abusive Post
To answer one of your questions, OP.

They don't have to read you your Miranda rights unless they intend on asking you questions about the case.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 60530256
United States
08/04/2014 08:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
This is a long video but watch it closely and study it.

[link to youtu.be]
BRIC

User ID: 39464638
United States
08/04/2014 08:47 AM
Report Abusive Post

It is a nanny state... Maybe just quit drinking all together...
BRIEF

User ID: 58550136
United States
08/04/2014 08:49 AM

Report Abusive Post

1rof1

You don't don't?

hmm

...You sound impaired, just sayin'......

He doesn't doesn't motherfucking doesn't consent!

Get it now?!!
I never forgive and I never forget

I am a licensed firearm holder. I will, under protection of law, use lethal force if attacked.

Briefcut4892
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 38484236
United States
08/04/2014 08:56 AM
Report Abusive Post
op U just got to make ur own hooch at home screw the shakedown system! They are there to turn u upside down and shake all the cash out of ur pockets!
OP
User ID: 61144523
United States
08/07/2014 03:31 AM
Report Abusive Post
Well, I just wanted to vent and tell my story. The police are fucked up nowadays, you can't drive or even walk down the street. What if I had a limp? Could they "interpret" that as being drunk and run up on me and ask me for my ID? It's some nanny state bullshit. I want to warn everybody out there as well. These police are fucking predators and will take you to jail for doing nothing to no one, minding your own business, and doing the right thing by not driving. just pure bullshit.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 31851237
United States
08/07/2014 03:49 AM
Report Abusive Post
Did you punch the cop in the face?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 60379024
United Kingdom
08/07/2014 04:13 AM
Report Abusive Post
Why not just do it? You lost your right to be "free" and was detained for refusing a simple breathalyzer, is that what you really aimed to achieve from being stubborn? You drink alcohol, you accept that you will be viewed as a pest when noticeably drunk in public.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 60640270
United States
08/07/2014 04:17 AM
Report Abusive Post
I see all those words words words and I don't even bother... I do have question for the thread name.... Were you drunk?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 60640270
United States
08/07/2014 04:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
Oh wait I do have another question..... Why is the story so long?
Oh and another... Were either of these two questions answered in the story???
If so, Can you just answer them again in short here for me as you seem to enjoy typing???
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33435073
United States
08/07/2014 04:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
you will just get your license taken away for possibly 6 months to a year and will have it back at the end of that time if you were driving

but if you were walking down street and not causing harm

f**k them
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 33435073
United States
08/07/2014 04:20 AM
Report Abusive Post
lucky they didn't strap you down and take your blood

they like to do that
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 28382670
United Kingdom
08/07/2014 09:03 AM
Report Abusive Post

banana2
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 23764026
United States
08/07/2014 09:19 AM
Report Abusive Post
A lot of it depends on the city/county/state you live in.

Are there local ordinances about public intoxication? Any problems with local folks wandering around drunk harassing people?

You could go to the other extreme where you could go to New Orleans and be wasted, and drinking in the street and no one bats an eye.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 57338731
United States
08/07/2014 11:28 AM
Report Abusive Post
First mistake was pleeding guilty. Tie up the system ask for a lawyer.
tiger1

User ID: 44278049
United States
08/07/2014 11:33 AM

Report Abusive Post
One of my friends was busted for Public Intoxication, as he was literally walking into his house. The cops grabbed him and pulled him away from his door.
If you are not fully inside your house, they will grab you and charge you.
IMO, if you are walking and not bothering anyone, they should leave you alone.
Praise God from Whom all Blessings flow !!!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 12781064
United States
08/07/2014 11:40 AM
Report Abusive Post
Be glad you didn't have your dog with you.
Yuga Sage

User ID: 10873474
United States
08/07/2014 11:45 AM

Report Abusive Post
Was there other public around besides you and the occifer?

If not, they cannot charge you with Public Intoxication as there was no public present.

Last Edited by An Uncarved Block on 08/07/2014 11:45 AM
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Forget the red or the blue pill. Take the Gold Elixir.

“How can there be a God, when there is nothing but God.” - Laozi

“Naturalness is called the Way. The Way has no name or form; it is just essence, just the primal spirit.” - The Secret of the Golden Flower.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 61668952
United States
08/15/2014 01:38 AM
Report Abusive Post
Was there other public around besides you and the occifer?

If not, they cannot charge you with Public Intoxication as there was no public present.
 Quoting: Yuga Sage

OOOhhh. That's true in a way. There were no public present just me and the concrete... To answer not guilty around here means they try to schedule your court date for a month later. If I didn't plead guilty and just get the fuck out I would have had to bond out and I was supposed to be to work at 2:00. I just asked the judge what the fine was. Taking off of work to run down there is expensive as well. It's more expensive to not pay these pricks. I've gone to court before applied for a public defender, was granted the notion and when told the prices I told the judge I was going to represent myself and did so successfully. I've played all the little court games before. It's all just a way to shake you down for cash. It's not about right or wrong, or black or white, or truth or justice... the so called "law society" just wants to take my hard earned money for... "imagined offenses." as far as i understand it the court system is a version of admiralty law. that's why you have to walk in front of the bench and all the other bullshit. the judge just acts like a captain setting debts between merchants. they just want your hard earned money and if not they'll treat you like a piece of cattle and lock you up and then charge you for your time spent with them. fuck this shit.

GLP