Titles of Nobility RANT

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 60159087
United States
01/30/2017 12:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Titles of Nobility RANT
There are not titles of nobility in the United States, yet for some reason the MSM keeps referring to individuals that previously held governmental positions by their previous title. An example of this is during the election, Hillary Clinton was being referred to as Madam Secretary (A position she no longer held), Rudy Gialanni is constantly referred to as Mayor Guilanni although he has not held this position in over 20 years. Newt Gingrich is the former speaker of the house, yet is referred to as Mr. Speaker. This is beyond acceptable, I understand they are trying to convey respect for the individual, but they no longer hold these offices and should not be called by the title of their previously highest held office. The only exception to this should be former military generals and admirals, as they could be reactivated at their retired highest rank in the event of a war. Am I off base with my thoughts on this? Let me know how you feel about this issue.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 71036523
United States
01/30/2017 12:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Titles of Nobility RANT
clappa
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 73863700
United States
01/30/2017 12:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Clown noses.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 73863700
United States
01/30/2017 12:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Can you punch a man in his title?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 40795814
United States
01/30/2017 07:07 PM
Report Abusive Post
Can you punch a man in his title?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 73863700

No, but you can take it away from him.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 41726733
United States
01/30/2017 07:17 PM
Report Abusive Post
There are not titles of nobility in the United States, yet for some reason the MSM keeps referring to individuals that previously held governmental positions by their previous title. An example of this is during the election, Hillary Clinton was being referred to as Madam Secretary (A position she no longer held), Rudy Gialanni is constantly referred to as Mayor Guilanni although he has not held this position in over 20 years. Newt Gingrich is the former speaker of the house, yet is referred to as Mr. Speaker. This is beyond acceptable, I understand they are trying to convey respect for the individual, but they no longer hold these offices and should not be called by the title of their previously highest held office. The only exception to this should be former military generals and admirals, as they could be reactivated at their retired highest rank in the event of a war. Am I off base with my thoughts on this? Let me know how you feel about this issue.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 60159087

U r right

Need to stop using titles of ex people

Once a citizen again why do they keep titles????

GLP