Keto diet, ailments gone

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 74881019
United States
10/30/2017 02:23 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Keto diet, ailments gone
since being on keto and fasting regularly the asthma ive had since i was 18 i am now 50 is gone. ive had very bad post nasal drip last 20 years, 90% better. need less sleep, lost 25+lbs. just the fact alone the asthma and PND gone is beyond insane, and i cant be more pleased. i have essentially cut out all grains. just thought id pass this along for anyone else who interested. i must admit i did see a post on here a while back regarding keto and read up on it.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 75679991
Canada
10/30/2017 02:39 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Keto diet, ailments gone
Good to hear you feel better.
Best of health .
Anti-Antifa

User ID: 63083790
United States
10/30/2017 02:44 AM
Report Abusive Post
Keto is good for anything related to inflammation. In emergencies that way, fast. Only water, for at least five days.

(Think Keto turned up to 11.) You have to eat though, so Keto is good for that part of things.

Unless you have gout, then it's fasting and very low protein for you!
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/30/2017 02:45 AM
Report Abusive Post
Good to hear you feel better.
Best of health .
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 75679991

thanks, it was complete hell as my body detoxed, felt like to was awash in a chemical overload, felt like i was dying. but once i broke the chemical fever ill call it within the next few days i felt amazing, to really sum up. you'll just have to experience it for yourselves, but it really does feel im closer to the head honcho, big kahuna.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
10/30/2017 02:51 AM
Report Abusive Post
Keto is good for anything related to inflammation. In emergencies that way, fast. Only water, for at least five days.

(Think Keto turned up to 11.) You have to eat though, so Keto is good for that part of things.

Unless you have gout, then it's fasting and very low protein for you!
 Quoting: Anti-Antifa

keto is good for allot of other things imo. i can only imagine what else it can cure of other folks ailments, those are my biggest ive been trying to rid with this and that cleanses, detox for decaes, to no avail. i think the biggest thing it to reduce the toxic overload. if you dont test your food for contaminants then eating less reduces the overload, simple law of averages i guess, im no genius, i just got lucky i guess. i wasnt expecting this outcome
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 72801419
United States
10/30/2017 01:34 PM
Report Abusive Post
Thread: If you want to be thin and stay thin (and avoid Metabolic Syndrome), then you have to eat high fat
BRIEF

User ID: 65696907
United States
10/30/2017 01:37 PM

Report Abusive Post
Better later than never I suppose...
I never forgive and I never forget

I am a licensed firearm holder. I will, under protection of law, use lethal force if attacked.

Briefcut4892
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 75465900
United States
10/30/2017 01:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
Can you give like a sample day of your keto diet? I have tried it twice and I always fall of because it seems really hard to find different meals. After two days I feel crazy eating only butter and meat.
Krissy
User ID: 73394926
United States
10/30/2017 01:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have fibromyalgia and I've begun a similar diet called Whole 30...high fats...I pray i get my life back, this chronic pain sucks. Thanks for your info.
Krissy
User ID: 73394926
United States
10/30/2017 01:41 PM
Report Abusive Post
I have fibromyalgia and I've begun a similar diet called Whole 30...high fats...I pray i get my life back, this chronic pain sucks. Thanks for your info.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 74846139
United States
10/30/2017 01:44 PM
Report Abusive Post
since being on keto and fasting regularly the asthma ive had since i was 18 i am now 50 is gone. ive had very bad post nasal drip last 20 years, 90% better. need less sleep, lost 25+lbs. just the fact alone the asthma and PND gone is beyond insane, and i cant be more pleased. i have essentially cut out all grains. just thought id pass this along for anyone else who interested. i must admit i did see a post on here a while back regarding keto and read up on it.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 74881019

I kind of went the other way each time I tried Keto. Within days of starting I would get horribly sick from contagions and got 3 lung infections back to back. Felt almost as if I had no working immune system. I spent about 7 weeks from May thru Aug sick as a dog after 3 attempts of trying the diet.

So now I'm on a high protein, moderate fat, and minimal carbs (equivalent of a hamburger bun at most a day in carbs) and not getting sick like I was. It was actually really weird and I kind of want to know medically what happens to the immune system on this diet.
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/30/2017 01:46 PM
Report Abusive Post
Can you give like a sample day of your keto diet? I have tried it twice and I always fall of because it seems really hard to find different meals. After two days I feel crazy eating only butter and meat.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 75465900

That's atkins. Keto allows for some carbs but is preferable they come from high fat/protein sources like nuts.

You shouldn't have much problems finding food for a keto diet. There are plenty of sites with meal plans.
Revo/elation

User ID: 57369630
United States
10/30/2017 01:47 PM
Report Abusive Post
Lost 30 pounds in about 8 weeks following this low carb guide.
Did excercise moderately and ate lots of beef and chicken but primarily veggies that grow above ground. NO bread of course, no sugar

far less than 100 carbs a day.

[link to www.dietdoctor.com (secure)]
Revo/elation

User ID: 57369630
United States
10/30/2017 01:49 PM
Report Abusive Post
Did excercise moderately and ate lots of beef and chicken but primarily veggies that grow above ground. NO bread of course, no sugar

Quoting: Revo/elation

ate lots of nuts (not cashews so much) when I wanted a snack

24 ounces of water first thing in morning. sometimes with a clive bar which is a lot of carbs. (I think 45 or so) which is a lot.
KM
User ID: 66639271
Sweden
10/30/2017 01:50 PM
Report Abusive Post
so what are you eating?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 73483815
United States
10/30/2017 01:52 PM
Report Abusive Post
I just hired a personal chef to do the Keto died. He just bought the first week of food today... yummy stuff.

Meat and organic vegetables.

I have lost weight on the Keto diet before. After the 3rd day, you lose your appetite.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 75465900
United States
10/30/2017 01:56 PM
Report Abusive Post

Quoting: Revo/elation

Thanks!
KM
Sweden
10/30/2017 01:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
I just hired a personal chef to do the Keto died. He just bought the first week of food today... yummy stuff.

I have lost weight on the Keto diet before. After the 3rd day, you lose your appetite.
 Quoting: Immortal13

that's disgusting.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 67852071
United States
10/30/2017 01:57 PM
Report Abusive Post
When you start low carb diet, you'll probably get sickness, this is common because you aren't getting enough ELECTROLYTES.

Read this; [link to elowcarbfoodlist.org] - Get your magnesium, sodium & potassium. If you do that, you won't get the sickness the first couple of days. Many people don't know this and they quit the diet before they get started!
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/30/2017 02:06 PM
Report Abusive Post

that's disgusting.
 Quoting: KM 66639271

It's really not. It's actually a pretty good feeling. Your body is operating on what it was meant to operate on, and not giving it these giant dosages of carbs which can cause unnecessary hunger when your body goes into shock when it 'needs' more. The hunger pains associated with these daily carb withdrawals lessen on a carb restricted diet.
KM
Sweden
10/30/2017 02:08 PM
Report Abusive Post

that's disgusting.

It's really not. It's actually a pretty good feeling. Your body is operating on what it was meant to operate on, and not giving it these giant dosages of carbs which can cause unnecessary hunger when your body goes into shock when it 'needs' more. The hunger pains associated with these daily carb withdrawals lessen on a carb restricted diet.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 74846139

what is the body meant to operate on?
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 75472993
Canada
10/30/2017 02:13 PM
Report Abusive Post

that's disgusting.

Meat and berrys and greens
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 74606361
United States
10/30/2017 02:16 PM
Report Abusive Post
The body operates on fat and glucose

Peoples bodies do not all operate exactly the same and the keto diet is supposed to restore insulin sensitivity by using your bodies alternative method of energy production

the ketogen is like glucose in that your body will use either to power the cells.

However ketogens or converting fat to energy is considered an impaired way of making energy..

If your overweight and your insulin sensitivity is reduced because of overstimulation by carbs/glucose.. then this can help restore your body.

Humans ate wild game, nuts, berries, roots, and many other wild plants for energy before modern agriculture emphasized grains and carbs in the modern diet.

However it is not carbs being bad, it is too many carbs and toxic food
Anonymous Coward
United States
10/30/2017 02:20 PM
Report Abusive Post

that's disgusting.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 75472993

hesright

Jungle diet.
KM
Sweden
10/30/2017 02:41 PM
Report Abusive Post

that's disgusting.

that's retarded.
Patagonians

User ID: 64646640
Argentina
10/30/2017 02:48 PM

Report Abusive Post

that's retarded.

This fat kid couldn't go 4 hrs with out food. Your days will be numbered when TSHF before any one else.

Envy is a hell of a feeling, aint' it lardy?
And when he gets to Heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell: "Just another soldier reporting, Sir. Ive served my time in Hell" 
KM
Sweden
10/30/2017 03:03 PM
Report Abusive Post

that's retarded.

This fat kid couldn't go 4 hrs with out food. Your days will be numbered when TSHF before any one else.

Envy is a hell of a feeling, aint' it lardy?
 Quoting: Patagonians

today I fasted until sunset. fatty.
Rocketscientist
User ID: 50759717
United States
10/30/2017 03:11 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 74881019

10 years ago I reversed Type 2 diabetes that way. Dr pusher was pissed and said I would die by 2012 if I didn’t take the drugs. After that I added calories awareness and have dropped 75 lbs. for last 9 years simply maintained while getting more and more fit (active but no exercise programs).

Ps: I have no prescriptions - how many can say that?

So keep on!
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 22364399
United States
10/30/2017 03:19 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: Krissy 73394926

Look into bringing your candida into balance. Fibro is tied to candida.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 75472993
Canada
10/30/2017 03:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
shit i forgot to list Fat's
beeches

User ID: 74276477
United States
10/30/2017 03:47 PM

Report Abusive Post

that's retarded.

then you are too, for that is what all humans ate prior to agriculture.

ever hear of hunter/gatherers.... I thought not.

they may have found birds' eggs in nests to eat too
Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face – Thomas Sowell

GLP