Bad Psychiatrist Experience

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 52923498
United States
01/24/2019 11:22 AM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Bad Psychiatrist Experience
I’m sorry I need to vent I feel like an experiment.

Ive been on low dose .5 mg Xanax for about 5 years, only as needed. Has been extremely effective against extreme paranoia, panic, and even sleep a little. Never have I increased dose or taken more than prescribed. I’m responsible with it and have been greatful. But when I requested it to a new doctor that I’d like to continue, I was immediately treated like a drug addict....

What is her solution? TWO antipsychotic type meds and a sleeping pill. Or my current recent anti psychotic that gives me nausea, the shits, and makes it extremely hard for me to wake up...... her suggestion was doubling the dose. And for either one of those options additionally an SSRI to my current antidepressant despite 3 unsuccessful attempts with them before. The real kicker. She thought it was more important for me to sleep, half the day she said if I wanted,......instead of being functional, active, and working. I started crying pretty heavily because I don’t want to be a zombie. I want to get up and do things. Her suggestion, more of sarcastic bad joke,was that maybe I should spend a couple days in the hospital. Which made me cry harder and she acted so angry at me

I ended up staying on the low dose anti psych only, at current dose and nothing else added. It’s not good for me though. Why is the answer for them excessive medication and sedation.
TruthSneeker

User ID: 77263232
Slovenia
01/24/2019 11:26 AM
Report Abusive Post
Re: Bad Psychiatrist Experience
You are on glp and still trust psychiatrist? lol

You need to figure out what your parents did/didn't do that made you messed up and then forgive them, as they didn't know what they were doing.

Drugs will only dull the symptoms while the actual cause will grow stronger and stronger.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
01/24/2019 11:31 AM
Report Abusive Post

You need to figure out what your parents did/didn't do that made you messed up and then forgive them, as they didn't know what they were doing.

Drugs will only dull the symptoms while the actual cause will grow stronger and stronger.
 Quoting: TruthSneeker

My parents are good. This is chemical.

Dull what symptom? Thinking someone is outside my window with a hatchet? Or feeling like being always watched? Or believing I’m going to spontaneously combust? How do you dull that?
krixbuggy

User ID: 77229687
United States
01/24/2019 11:36 AM
Report Abusive Post
Try blue lotus. It works like Xanax (better even). Without the chemical dependence. And get off those other meds, they are useless.
krixbuggy

United States
01/24/2019 11:37 AM
Report Abusive Post
Try blue lotus. It works like Xanax (better even). Without the chemical dependence. And get off those other meds, they are useless.
 Quoting: krixbuggy

It's also cheap and legal.
Apocalypse Troll
Trollicus Apocalyptus

01/24/2019 11:37 AM

Report Abusive Post

Dull what symptom? Thinking someone is outside my window with a hatchet? Or feeling like being always watched? Or believing I’m going to spontaneously combust? How do you dull that?
 Quoting: bleep

You can't dull that.

The only thing you can do outside of meds would be to find new coping mechanisms for each issue.

That is what that shrink should be helping you create, not chemically lobotomizing you.

Find another one, I would say, but I am no doctor and that is just my opinion.
attxflag
"Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible."

[link to www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us]
TruthSneeker

Slovenia
01/24/2019 11:39 AM
Report Abusive Post

Yes, that is exactly what they want you to believe, while your problem is much simpler, although more hurtful to you, probably.

[link to www.tandfonline.com (secure)]

Psychiatry is one of the reasons why the world today is overrun by actual mental patients.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
01/24/2019 11:39 AM
Report Abusive Post

Tried it. And all other natural alternatives under the sun. Gives me nerve pain

I’m getting off this antipsychotic. It does nothing but knock me out.
krixbuggy

United States
01/24/2019 11:41 AM
Report Abusive Post

Have you? Not too many know about it.

Seems like you just want the Xanax, which I understand, it's great stuff and no matter what you say, you are chemically dependent on it. May I suggest finding another doctor?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
01/24/2019 11:45 AM
Report Abusive Post

Yes, that is exactly what they want you to believe, while your problem is much simpler, although more hurtful to you, probably.

Psychiatry is one of the reasons why the world today is overrun by actual mental patients.

I’m gonna go off it I think. I see no point

I have to take my anti depressant though. 2 year chronic back pain, .
With it I’m moving, without it I’m in extreme pain. And it’s the only med I take now that controls my digestive issues, prevents inflammation and er visits

So I do believe it’s chemical. Same as vitamins and certain foods can cure.
krixbuggy

United States
01/24/2019 11:46 AM
Report Abusive Post

Seems like you just want the Xanax, which I understand, it's great stuff and no matter what you say, you are chemically dependent on it. May I suggest finding another doctor?

Also, I know in NY now, you can't have both Xanax and opiates. Could that be the issue? There are miriad anti anxiety drugs out there.

Also, the chemical Inbalance thing, it's just a theory,there is zero way of scientifically proving a chemical Inbalance. There is no test.

The only thing I can think of that might cause a chemical Inbalance would be drugs that change the natural cycle of hormone production. What chemical are out of balance? Were you told? Because it would make a significant difference on treatment.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 67317228
United States
01/24/2019 11:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
Psychiatrists are a no no lovebug. I understand the paranoia, believe me I understand how you feel.

But it's truly mind over matter and mastering your thoughts and emotions.

You have every reason to believe something is watching you. We're being watched by various entities, but who cares?

Teach yourself that paranoia itself is the enemy. Paranoia can cause us to do crazy things.

Pray, do some writing or painting, go on a jog (it will increase your serotonin and is the greatest high), drink lots of water and eat healthy, and IGNORE THE SPIRIT OF PARANOIA.

Pharmaceuticals mask the real problem and create more. Being zombied out is useless as you know.

I dont know any substances to recommend.

When I would smoke, I would set an intention ahead of time and pray. I would always get a good lesson and be able to manage my racing thoughts and paranoia more. But DEFINITELY dont abuse that method and especially if it's illegal there for you.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
01/24/2019 11:47 AM
Report Abusive Post

I’m not chemically dependent on it. I haven’t taken it in 2 months. I go weeks to months without it. I take it when shit gets real, as needed, not even daily.

Yes I gave blue lotus a good shot.
TruthSneeker

Slovenia
01/24/2019 11:49 AM
Report Abusive Post

With it I’m moving, without it I’m in extreme pain. And it’s the only med I take now that controls my digestive issues, prevents inflammation and er visits

Isn't it funny, how 30 years ago people had way more physically demanding jobs and nobody was on any sort of pain medication, while today practically 80% are on some form of pain reducing drugs while their jobs are in majority office ones?

You are just addicted and it feels good to you. And as any addict you will hold on to any rationale why it is good for you.

Everything starts with the brain. Brain controls ALL functions of the body and if the brain is messed up, the body is messed up.
krixbuggy

United States
01/24/2019 11:51 AM
Report Abusive Post

I’m not chemically dependent on it. I haven’t taken it in 2 months. I go weeks to months without it. I take it when shit gets real, as needed, not even daily.

If you are taking it "as needed" then try weed. You have to smoke past the point of paranoia. I can't smoke it unless I smoke more than two or three hits, the first makes me super paranoid. Also, I can't do the new super weed,it's gotta be the old "commercial" weed. The new stuff hits too hard, too quick and makes me feel stupid....
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
01/24/2019 11:52 AM
Report Abusive Post
Psychiatrists are a no no lovebug. I understand the paranoia, believe me I understand how you feel.

You have every reason to believe something is watching you. We're being watched by various entities, but who cares?

Teach yourself that paranoia itself is the enemy. Paranoia can cause us to do crazy things.

Pray, do some writing or painting, go on a jog (it will increase your serotonin and is the greatest high), drink lots of water and eat healthy, and IGNORE THE SPIRIT OF PARANOIA.

Pharmaceuticals mask the real problem and create more. Being zombied out is useless as you know.

When I would smoke, I would set an intention ahead of time and pray. I would always get a good lesson and be able to manage my racing thoughts and paranoia more. But DEFINITELY dont abuse that method and especially if it's illegal there for you.
 Quoting: TheBLESSEDOne

Yes I’m going to tackle that one without meds. It definitely helped though so I don’t get the whole demonization. I’m not so much upset about not taking it as I am upset about the alternative plate full of meds idea. How could someone basically say it’s better to be zombified if need be and put responsibility aside... I don’t get it. I’m not a shut in dosed on pills why’d she try to make me one?
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
01/24/2019 11:53 AM
Report Abusive Post

If you are taking it "as needed" then try weed. You have to smoke past the point of paranoia. I can't smoke it unless I smoke more than two or three hits, the first makes me super paranoid. Also, I can't do the new super weed,it's gotta be the old "commercial" weed. The new stuff hits too hard, too quick and makes me feel stupid....

I do very little but usually 1 hit.. that makes sense I do recall feeling less heady with two hits.
The_Towns_Tiny_Dick

User ID: 76477271
United States
01/24/2019 11:54 AM
Report Abusive Post
I made the mistake of trusting a psychiatrist, and doing what she ordered.
In fact it sounds nearly identical to your situation.
Recommended doubling my dose of anti psychotic, and prescribing anti anxiety sleep drugs to counteract the extreme insomnia, anxiety, and paranoid psychosis that the anti psychotic drug was inducing in me.
On top of that, she double my dose of anti depressant; an extremely dangerous anti depressant with a long, and well documented history of inducing depression and suicide.

Went paranoid psychotic hysterical for 3.5 years. Sleeping with kitchen knives kind of shit.

Brain zaps for at least 2 years after quitting the drugs. Went off very slowly too.

Watch out, a psychiatrist can have you incarcerated on their whim.

Try bullet proof coffee. That actually turned my brain around 180 degrees inside my head within an hour... in a good way
Eased the constant waking thoughts and visions of violent and graphic suicidality. Eased the mind lock and anxiety too
Don’t stray too far from a bathroom though

Good luck!
Anonymous Coward
United States
01/24/2019 11:58 AM
Report Abusive Post

Yes I’m going to tackle that one without meds. It definitely helped though so I don’t get the whole demonization. I’m not so much upset about not taking it as I am upset about the alternative plate full of meds idea. How could someone basically say it’s better to be zombified if need be and put responsibility aside... I don’t get it. I’m not a shut in dosed on pills why’d she try to make me one?

Cause she is a quack lol. It's their job to act like they know better and bank off your misery.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
01/24/2019 11:58 AM
Report Abusive Post

Isn't it funny, how 30 years ago people had way more physically demanding jobs and nobody was on any sort of pain medication, while today practically 80% are on some form of pain reducing drugs while their jobs are in majority office ones?

You are just addicted and it feels good to you. And as any addict you will hold on to any rationale why it is good for you.

Everything starts with the brain. Brain controls ALL functions of the body and if the brain is messed up, the body is messed up.

Again. Not addicted. Haven’t been on it in atleast two months. No side effects to not taking, I don’t even get a buzz when I do, I just didn’t have paranoid episodes that warranted using it, so I didn’t. More so pissed at the alternative multi pill “solution” with daily dependence. I’m not dependent on the Xanax, these other meds must be taken daily and I would probably get drug dependent, as prescribed

I don’t need the Xanax, fuck the Xanax, that part is fine.
F+2.0

User ID: 40559686
United States
01/24/2019 11:59 AM
Report Abusive Post
masturbate more
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
01/24/2019 12:01 PM
Report Abusive Post

Cause she is a quack lol. It's their job to act like they know better and bank off your misery.

I guess I’m just shocked. You hear about some really control freak narcissistic psyches, I’ve never had one before that acted like that. Taunting, and sarcasm, anger, etc. I know what some of you others complain about now. First time experiencing this.
krixbuggy

United States
01/24/2019 12:04 PM
Report Abusive Post

I guess I’m just shocked. You hear about some really control freak narcissistic psyches, I’ve never had one before that acted like that. Taunting, and sarcasm, anger, etc. I know what some of you others complain about now. First time experiencing this.

I have always said that the craziest person in the room is the psychiatrist. I have noticed that all my daughter's friends who went into psychiatry were the craziest control freaks. I swear they just want to learn how to manipulate people and put them down,whilst claiming benevolence (read leftists)
Anonymous Coward
United States
Report Abusive Post

Preaching to the choir. :)

I've been pushed and prodded and teased, discredited, and mocked all my life. Been SURROUNDED by narcissists. If I had no faith in our creator I'd be a hitwoman by now.

Those people like to prey on people like us. Dont let them get to you. Best thing to do is ignore them, dont give them a reaction, and master your emotions/paranoia yourself. No one else can do it for you and only God can see into your mind.hf
Crypto-Tard

User ID: 77295044
United States

Report Abusive Post
My solution would be to try some meditation and spend more time at GLP. Drop the shrink, they are the sales force for big pharma. Make up some kind of "diagnosis", then come up with a big pharma treatment for it.

Remember 70% of these things are in your mind. The greatest medical discovery of the 20th century is the placebo effect. If their drugs really worked, why would they have to "double blind" study by giving people fake pills to counteract this very powerful effect? Hint: placebo effect is they should be using, but they can't make any money off you with that.

Meditation I recommend is Falun Gong. It won't cost you a penny. [link to falundafa.org]

You can PM me if you'd like to learn more, I've been doing it for 11 years, it's a good one.
When you are afraid of losing your life, you have already lost your life.

Don't be afraid.
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
01/24/2019 12:09 PM
Report Abusive Post
I made the mistake of trusting a psychiatrist, and doing what she ordered.
In fact it sounds nearly identical to your situation.
Recommended doubling my dose of anti psychotic, and prescribing anti anxiety sleep drugs to counteract the extreme insomnia, anxiety, and paranoid psychosis that the anti psychotic drug was inducing in me.
On top of that, she double my dose of anti depressant; an extremely dangerous anti depressant with a long, and well documented history of inducing depression and suicide.

Went paranoid psychotic hysterical for 3.5 years. Sleeping with kitchen knives kind of shit.

Brain zaps for at least 2 years after quitting the drugs. Went off very slowly too.

Watch out, a psychiatrist can have you incarcerated on their whim.

Try bullet proof coffee. That actually turned my brain around 180 degrees inside my head within an hour... in a good way
Eased the constant waking thoughts and visions of violent and graphic suicidality. Eased the mind lock and anxiety too
Don’t stray too far from a bathroom though

Good luck!
 Quoting: The_Towns_Tiny_Dick

I’m sorry. :( if I heard your story yesterday I would atleast have a part of me think your psychiatrist got a bad rap only because some of the more disturbed people hated their psychiatrists.... now though I will never think that again. I know I’m not severely impaired. That’s not denial that’s fact. I’d rather live my life. Paranoia is dibilitating SOME times, but the treatment is inhuman

I will look into that I haven’t heard of it.
Soundman

User ID: 40546062
United States
01/24/2019 12:14 PM

Report Abusive Post
I drove by a Harley shop and the sign said... You never see a Harley parked in front of a Psychiatrist office. Just a thought... I know Doctors are scared to death to even give a pain pill after surgery. No reason to make folks suffer. Blessings OP
Soundman
TruthSneeker

Slovenia
01/24/2019 12:25 PM
Report Abusive Post

Again. Not addicted. Haven’t been on it in atleast two months. No side effects to not taking, I don’t even get a buzz when I do, I just didn’t have paranoid episodes that warranted using it, so I didn’t. More so pissed at the alternative multi pill “solution” with daily dependence. I’m not dependent on the Xanax, these other meds must be taken daily and I would probably get drug dependent, as prescribed

You are starting to lose me.

So for 2 months you were absolutely fine without any drugs and you went to the psych why?

And why would she prescribe more drugs if you were practically completely fine?

Bottom line is, you probably had some form of homosexual (not necesserily "sexual") experience when you were very young and your brain decided to hide it as it was too stressful for you at that time.

And now your subcouncious is manifesting it in paranoia and delusions.

That was the OFFICIAL, clinically tested explanation for for more than 50 years, until they destroyed psychiatry.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 77314885
United States
01/24/2019 12:38 PM
Report Abusive Post
I’m sorry I need to vent I feel like an experiment.

Ive been on low dose .5 mg Xanax for about 5 years, only as needed. Has been extremely effective against extreme paranoia, panic, and even sleep a little. Never have I increased dose or taken more than prescribed. I’m responsible with it and have been greatful. But when I requested it to a new doctor that I’d like to continue, I was immediately treated like a drug addict....

What is her solution? TWO antipsychotic type meds and a sleeping pill. Or my current recent anti psychotic that gives me nausea, the shits, and makes it extremely hard for me to wake up...... her suggestion was doubling the dose. And for either one of those options additionally an SSRI to my current antidepressant despite 3 unsuccessful attempts with them before. The real kicker. She thought it was more important for me to sleep, half the day she said if I wanted,......instead of being functional, active, and working. I started crying pretty heavily because I don’t want to be a zombie. I want to get up and do things. Her suggestion, more of sarcastic bad joke,was that maybe I should spend a couple days in the hospital. Which made me cry harder and she acted so angry at me

I ended up staying on the low dose anti psych only, at current dose and nothing else added. It’s not good for me though. Why is the answer for them excessive medication and sedation.

Inject two marijuanas instead
Anonymous Coward (OP)
United States
01/24/2019 12:54 PM
Report Abusive Post

So for 2 months you were absolutely fine without any drugs and you went to the psych why?

Bottom line is, you probably had some form of homosexual (not necesserily "sexual") experience when you were very young and your brain decided to hide it as it was too stressful for you at that time.

That was the OFFICIAL, clinically tested explanation for for more than 50 years, until they destroyed psychiatry.

I can mentally manage often and cope or otherwise deal with it without meds. But my paranoia spikes sometimes. I get legit fucking nuts. I cannot use my usual method and I get uncontrollably terrified, and truly believe I’m in danger. But fuck it I’m not doing this med shit anymore. I don’t know know what now. Meditation and being outside and yoga and teas and all that, will have to practice more now than I do I guess.
TruthSneeker

Slovenia
01/24/2019 01:00 PM
Report Abusive Post

I can mentally manage often and cope or otherwise deal with it without meds. But my paranoia spikes sometimes. I get legit fucking nuts. I cannot use my usual method and I get uncontrollably terrified, and truly believe I’m in danger. But fuck it I’m not doing this med shit anymore. I don’t know know what now. Meditation and being outside and yoga and teas and all that, will have to practice more now than I do I guess.

Yes, meditation is a good way to unblock restricted pathways of the brain. But you have to be willing to face the truth when it comes to you. Don't be afraid, this is the inner child in you that never grew up and lives in constant terror.

Good luck.

GLP