Godlike Productions - Discussion Forum
Users Online Now: 2,169 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,465,791
Pageviews Today: 2,441,763Threads Today: 977Posts Today: 17,431
10:47 PM

Rate this Thread

Absolute BS Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

Simple Question: if you do not believe in God, why don't you?

Anonymous Coward
User ID: 76755011
United States
06/09/2019 04:28 PM
Report Abusive Post
Report Copyright Violation
Re: Simple Question: if you do not believe in God, why don't you?
If you don't believe in Santa Claus why don't you?

Leave it be

Worship who you want.
 Quoting: The Gullible Skeptic

THANKS

WE WILL

IN THE WILL OF THE GOD IN HEAVEN
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 7316005

And in the end

The caps locked screaming is the final.argument

If this was a game of yo mama

You just lost

Carry on, caps lock theologian
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 76755011

THANK YOU

DO YOU HAVE A COMMENT OF SUBSTANCE

OR

JUST A COMPLAINT
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1866074

Several actually

All ignored by you

You lack of formal training really shows in the labored way you work towards some vague point only to loose the thread of your own premise

That has already been thoroughly worked out centuriesa ago

By persons far more clever and committed to the cause

So the real question is

Do YOU have anything to add besides poorly articulated lqte medieval scholasticism?

Not seein it yet...
MaybeTrollingUAgain

User ID: 77701553
Brazil
06/09/2019 05:40 PM
Report Abusive Post
Why believe in something that doesn't exist?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 77694733

Can you prove that God doesn't exist?

To be sure, ask God,... if He exists. And if He exists...to show you, so that You Know.

That way... you won't be in the dark... about a very important fact. And if by chance God doesn't exist, then you lose nothing by asking. Hey, at least you then tried.

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 77223038

LMAO! The logical fallacy is strong in this one!
 Quoting: MaybeTrollingUAgain

What... Afraid to ask? If there's 'nothing there'.... what's the big hesitation?

1dunno1

I was a Christian for more than 20 years, as fervent believer as you are, maybe even more. Then I started to question and went after knowledge, graduated and understood all about religion and the fallacies related to it. I ask you the same question, are you affraid of getting out and learn? The internet itself contains everything you need tô know, you don't even need a degree. But you will not go after It, or will you?
MaybeTrollingUAgain
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 77717056
United States
06/09/2019 05:55 PM
Report Abusive Post
I asked god for help and was ignored repeatedly. My life has gradually gotten worse to the point where it is now on the verge of unlivable. May be fully unlivable soon. And still nothing from god. So I've stopped believing.
~Newton's Own~

User ID: 68697376
United States
06/09/2019 05:58 PM
Report Abusive Post
I asked god for help and was ignored repeatedly. My life has gradually gotten worse to the point where it is now on the verge of unlivable. May be fully unlivable soon. And still nothing from god. So I've stopped believing.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 77717056

I will pray for you.
A coward dies a thousand times, but the valiant need taste of death but once.

Fear cuts deeper than swords.

#Notmypresident.
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/09/2019 06:26 PM
Report Abusive Post

I will pray for you.
 Quoting: ~Newton's Own~

For whatever good that does...
~Newton's Own~

User ID: 68697376
United States
06/09/2019 06:33 PM
Report Abusive Post

I will pray for you.

The prayers of a righteous man availith much.

Let us see what God will do with you.
A coward dies a thousand times, but the valiant need taste of death but once.

Fear cuts deeper than swords.

#Notmypresident.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1866074
United States
06/09/2019 07:35 PM
Report Abusive Post
Carry on, caps lock theologian
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 1866074
United States
06/09/2019 07:59 PM
Report Abusive Post

To be sure, ask God,... if He exists. And if He exists...to show you, so that You Know.

That way... you won't be in the dark... about a very important fact. And if by chance God doesn't exist, then you lose nothing by asking. Hey, at least you then tried.

What... Afraid to ask? If there's 'nothing there'.... what's the big hesitation?

1dunno1

I was a Christian for more than 20 years, as fervent believer as you are, maybe even more. Then I started to question and went after knowledge, graduated and understood all about religion and the fallacies related to it. I ask you the same question, are you affraid of getting out and learn? The internet itself contains everything you need tô know, you don't even need a degree. But you will not go after It, or will you?

YOUR SOURCE OF INFORMATION HAS BEEN CORRUPTED

YOU ARE DEPENDING UPON IMPERFECT MEN TO LEARN FROM INSTEAD OF THE WORD OF GOD

GO BACK TO YOUR ROOTS

AND ASK GOD

PROBLEM SOLVED
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 77223038
United States
06/09/2019 08:17 PM
Report Abusive Post

1dunno1

1dunno1

You believed fervently... in? You said that you were a Christian... that could take on many different forms.

Did you believe fervently in Jesus and His Love and Power and Plan and Peace for your life?

Or did you just try real hard to win brownie points with God... like any good Catholic, or mainline denomination person would?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jesus says:
John 10:9 I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It sounds like you never found pasture... You never heard from God... personally... A loving whisper to your spirit... I'm pretty sure of this.. Because once you hear GOD talk to you, you will never doubt, or be the same afterwards.

No... You were probably just on the threadmill of a bunch of Do's and Don'ts... That's not the same, my friend.

BTW... I'm astounded when a person doesn't pray those few words... about getting to know God... how many words he will write.. to avoid the subject. scratching

bdance
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/09/2019 08:28 PM
Report Abusive Post

In Hebrews, it says: Without Faith, it is impossible to please God.

God is not moved by unbelieving repeated cries of utter desperation...

He is moved by someone who believes that He will help.. and because of that, they ask God for help... once or twice.

After that, they Thank Him for answering their prayer.. Don't have to continually ask the same thing over and over.... like God forgot from the day before.

No.. People with faith Thank God ... for answering their prayers... more than just asking multiple times. You can only do this if you're convinced that God loves you... Once you're convinced... God helps you with the rest.,, He gives you the power you need to follow Him.

If you want to get to know God... read just about any tract in www chick com ... and remem to pr_ay the pr_ayer at the end....

Good Luck.

5a
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 68032132
United States
06/09/2019 08:32 PM
Report Abusive Post
A more logical Q: why would you believe in 1 imaginary being but not others? Only w/in Xtians you can't agree, you call other Xtian deities fake, lol!! Then there's thousands other religions.

If I demand you believe in the magic door knob, would you?? Why not??? If I threw a tantrum, then would you..? But trust me, my door knob turns & opens on its own! Even tho I moved, I pray to my door knob and I get stuff!!! Why do you refuse to believe????!!!!!!?????? You stubborn or what??

Same principle.

why would you believe in 1 imaginary being ("god") but not the Easter bunny, Santa, slender man and vampires??? All made up.

God is just your subconscious mind responding to you, or not, according to your beliefs. Ever read Joseph Murphy? Emmett Fox? Carole Ponder? Etc.

I have worked w/hypnosis. If you ever try it, there's your proof: your mind is doing it.

Finally: when you die, that's it. It's kind of ridiculous to believe you go into the ground but float up out of there. To be where? With planes invention, I have seen the other side of the clouds: there ain't no old bearded guy on a throne, nor cherubs prancing around. The end.

Hope this answered your Q and case closed.
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/09/2019 08:42 PM
Report Abusive Post

I will pray for you.

Maybe he'll end it. I'm about ready to go.
Anonymous Coward
United States
06/09/2019 08:46 PM
Report Abusive Post

D0ITdoIT D0ITdoIT D0ITdoIT

But ask respectfully... God is not taken aback from our doubts... But He is God.

Don't be like this guy... who died right after he made this song.

A more logical Q: why would you believe in 1 imaginary being but not others? Only w/in Xtians you can't agree, you call other Xtian deities fake, lol!! Then there's thousands other religions.

If I demand you believe in the magic door knob, would you?? Why not??? If I threw a tantrum, then would you..? But trust me, my door knob turns & opens on its own! Even tho I moved, I pray to my door knob and I get stuff!!! Why do you refuse to believe????!!!!!!?????? You stubborn or what??

Same principle.

why would you believe in 1 imaginary being ("god") but not the Easter bunny, Santa, slender man and vampires??? All made up.

God is just your subconscious mind responding to you, or not, according to your beliefs. Ever read Joseph Murphy? Emmett Fox? Carole Ponder? Etc.

I have worked w/hypnosis. If you ever try it, there's your proof: your mind is doing it.

Finally: when you die, that's it. It's kind of ridiculous to believe you go into the ground but float up out of there. To be where? With planes invention, I have seen the other side of the clouds: there ain't no old bearded guy on a throne, nor cherubs prancing around. The end.

Hope this answered your Q and case closed.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 68032132

See my responses from the previous page.... copied and pasted as quotes, above.

hf
TheLordsServant

User ID: 75621099
United States
06/09/2019 10:06 PM
Report Abusive Post

I will pray for you.

amen1
I am a humble Servant of the one True Living God.
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4719975
United States
06/10/2019 12:48 AM
Report Abusive Post

Well, since you dont believe that God exists ? Then why dont you and all the other atheists just kill yourselves ,because afterall it all means nothing? Right?
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 77389844

The same for you pal. Kill yourself to see your god and leave this corrupt world! Just ask forgiveness and you will for sure be forgiven, right? Ask the thousands dead in Jonestown. They were as certain as you are, in the same god

Thanks SATAN for your comments
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 4719975
United States
06/10/2019 01:01 AM
Report Abusive Post
Which begs the question of the laws of physics, either through the big bang OR God.

Where did the energy come from? You simply cannot bring into existence which does not exist. It's a zero sum problem, that does not equate once you interject something from nothing.
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 77315642

In the big bang theory everything comes from nothing...

The bible says that God Created everything out of nothing...

so the big bang theory proves that God created everything from nothing.
 Quoting: Masiro®

Incorrect, the Universe expanded out of a singularity, which is not nothing
 Quoting: mport81

No, the singularity manifold, flat, balled, with infinite density still consists of matter, ie energy. Where did it come from? The theories that are postulated ignore this for the equation to balance. You simply cannot.

Ask any Quant theorist and they will admit it. I work in a lab with these guys all day, for the mathematics to work you have to have "faith", no different than God in my opinion.

ENERGY IS FORCE AND FORCE IS VIOLENCE AND VIOLENCE IS SATAN
MaybeTrollingUAgain

User ID: 77701553
Brazil
06/10/2019 01:03 AM
Report Abusive Post

1dunno1

GO BACK TO YOUR ROOTS

AND ASK GOD

PROBLEM SOLVED

LMAO!
MaybeTrollingUAgain
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6358431
United States
06/10/2019 07:26 PM
Report Abusive Post
Which begs the question of the laws of physics, either through the big bang OR God.

Where did the energy come from? You simply cannot bring into existence which does not exist. It's a zero sum problem, that does not equate once you interject something from nothing.

The Big Bang did not come from nothing, it came from a singularly, which is definitely not nothing.

Actually you mean a singularity...

The initial singularity was a gravitational singularity of seemingly infinite density thought to have contained all the mass and space-time of the Universe before quantum fluctuations caused it to rapidly expand in the Big Bang and subsequent inflation, creating the present-day Universe. The instant immediately following the initial singularity is part of the Planck epoch, the earliest period of time in the history of the universe.

Simple question: what created the initial singularity in the beginning of time itself?

Yeah, my auto-fill didn’t want to use Singularity.

There are many possible causes of the Singularity:
it’s the white hole output of some black hole.
It’s the result of a previous universes gravitational collapse.
It’s the result of the collision of two other universes.
Who knows. But just because we don’t know yet, doesn’t mean God.

That is called “The God of the gaps” . Using God as the only explanation for things we din;t yet understand

UNDERSTANDING IS STANDING UNDER AUTHORITY OF ANOTHER PERSON

INSTEAD OF STANDING UP FOR THE TRUTH
Anonymous Coward
User ID: 6358431
United States
06/10/2019 07:37 PM
Report Abusive Post

1dunno1

GO BACK TO YOUR ROOTS

AND ASK GOD

PROBLEM SOLVED

LMAO!

BET THAT IS YOUR ANSWER FOR EVERYTHING THAT YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND
MaybeTrollingUAgain

User ID: 77682110
Brazil
06/11/2019 03:33 AM
Report Abusive Post

GO BACK TO YOUR ROOTS

AND ASK GOD

PROBLEM SOLVED

LMAO!

BET THAT IS YOUR ANSWER FOR EVERYTHING THAT YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 6358431

LMAO!!!!! Pay up cuz you lost the bet my dear fanatic friend!
MaybeTrollingUAgain
dogman17

User ID: 11830863
United States
06/11/2019 10:39 AM
Report Abusive Post

In the big bang theory everything comes from nothing...

The bible says that God Created everything out of nothing...

so the big bang theory proves that God created everything from nothing.

Incorrect, the Universe expanded out of a singularity, which is not nothing

No, the singularity manifold, flat, balled, with infinite density still consists of matter, ie energy. Where did it come from? The theories that are postulated ignore this for the equation to balance. You simply cannot.

Ask any Quant theorist and they will admit it. I work in a lab with these guys all day, for the mathematics to work you have to have "faith", no different than God in my opinion.

ENERGY IS FORCE AND FORCE IS VIOLENCE AND VIOLENCE IS SATAN
 Quoting: Anonymous Coward 4719975

No supernatural forces need be involved. Stop making stuff up.
Just don't make anything up.
TheLordsServant

User ID: 77721674
United States
06/11/2019 12:51 PM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: dogman17

The Bible tells us about the Exodus and Sodom / Gomorrah.

Thread: Updated - New Videos / Evidence of the Biblical Exodus in Saudi Arabia - Hebrews / Mt Sinai More

Thread: Sodom Gomorrah Admah - Video & Photographic Evidence of Biblical Destruction Brimstone

Pretty convincing evidence.

1doh1 another do
dogman17

User ID: 11830863
United States
06/12/2019 09:47 AM
Report Abusive Post
 Quoting: dogman17

The Bible tells us about the Exodus and Sodom / Gomorrah.

Thread: Updated - New Videos / Evidence of the Biblical Exodus in Saudi Arabia - Hebrews / Mt Sinai More

Thread: Sodom Gomorrah Admah - Video & Photographic Evidence of Biblical Destruction Brimstone

Pretty convincing evidence.

1doh1 another do
 Quoting: TheLordsServant

Well, that certainly settles it.
Just don't make anything up.
WE HAVE BEEN LIED TO

User ID: 77623184
United States
06/12/2019 10:56 PM
Report Abusive Post
I can feel the hate for me even before I start down this road BUT...

I see the hand of God in everything around me and it is glorious...

So if you don't believe in God what more than anything is your reason for what you believe?

No proof just like Bigfoot and UFOs. I am agnostic. Want to believe but as the older I get the more skeptical I get.
WEHAVEBEENLIEDTO
TheLordsServant

User ID: 77724029
United States
06/12/2019 11:43 PM
Report Abusive Post
No proof just like Bigfoot and UFOs. I am agnostic. Want to believe but as the older I get the more skeptical I get.
 Quoting: WE HAVE BEEN LIED TO

Really? Sure is odd that until just a few decades ago that both King Sennacherib and King Cyrus were only known because of the Old Testament.
---------------
Hundreds of people AND thousands of places mentioned in it are proven to exist.

And there is not one single shred of evidence OF ANY KIND that actually DISPROVES anything in the Bible.

***No people in the Bible have been proven to have NOT existed.

***No places in the Bible have been proven to have NOT existed.

***No events in the Bible have been proven to have NOT have happened.
--------------------------------------------------

God...the Father..exists, as does His Son Yeshua.

The Bible covers 4000+ years of their interaction with mankind.

Thread: Have you ever witnessed a Miracle? I have, more than once. Post it here, if so. I'll start...

Thread: Testimonies of Miracles Angels etc...proof of God / Yahuah & Son Jesus / Yeshua

--------------------------------------------------

Here's a 191 page free PDF of Biblical Archaeological finds.

[link to www.israelite.net]

GLP